Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,602

JaxonH

Got sidetracked with the Zelda DLC. Beat the first enemy camp and shrine... but then decided to save and quit. If I played Zelda I want to really get invested, and I don't really have time to do that without spending all weekend on it, which I don't want to do because the Monster Hunter demo is this weekend and, I need to finish Xenoblade 2 before it releases come January 26th.

So I'll tuck the Zelda Champion's Ballad in my back pocket for a rainy day. Which to be honest, that's one heckuva rainy day fund to have.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

erv

@JaxonH I'm in the same boat, I'll actually see the Zelda stuff later.

I'm too invested in this game to stop playing it now. Even nine parchments has to wait a bit...

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Ralizah

I'm going to wait and incorporate the Zelda DLC content into an almost complete second playthrough next year (almost complete because, once all of my inventory spaces are open, I'm not worrying about tracking down any more korok seeds). For the immediate future, my Switch is going to be a Xenoblade 2 machine.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jtmnm

Can anyone help with this? Spoiler block links to an Affinity tree element of a super secret Blade.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

@JTMnM i was so pissed earlier on a different forum someone put that in spoiler tags but the conversation led me to believe they were talking about early game so i clicked the spoiler and was just like wtfffff....... actually idek why i clicked on your spoiler either, i guess I'm just asking for it.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@Pahvi I've seen the notifications pop up, but I never understood they actually meant something substantial. Thank you for the information.

For those curious about the special blade Affinity tree I posted earlier, it unlocks during the during.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Just started Chapter 5 Oh boy, there certainly were a lot of bosses at the end of Chapter 4! and already 40 hours in. So, how many Chapters are there anyway? 10? 12?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

CroRock

This game is so fracking epic!!! It made me smile, almost cried, giving me goosebumps... in short - roller coaster of emotions. Some cutscenes and boss fights are so epic I can’t find words to describe it. I already played too many games in my life but this one touches where very few did.
I just finished chapter 3 and made some pretty crazy combos and damage... And must say it’s so damn satisfying!
I’m in love. 😍

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

I'm in Chapter 3, just made it to the place where you can buy Jenerossi Tea.

I'm at 40 hours played already. Level 24.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CroRock

@JaxonH I think you might consider leveling up at inn for last fight in chapter 3..
greatness awaits..

I don’t know why I’m so emotional playing this game. Is it because music, visuals, voice acting (playing with Japanese voices), story or is it all together just clicked with me in some wierd way

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock

Xenoblade will do that to ya. I think it's just the combination of all the above. It gets you really invested in the story and characters... The music definitely helps, and having competent voice acting this time adds an additional layer of attachment for me that isn't usually present.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

@Inertiacreep If I remember correctly, it would automatically inflict damage on party members within a certain range of the enemy every few seconds. I'm pretty sure you could dispel it with one of the Monado's abilities. If spike damage is in this game, hopefully there's a way to counter it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Looks like I‘m off to training then. I think my team‘s at around Level 39. Charged through that area in front of the factory because whatever enemy I tried to fight, that stupid bird thing at level 80-something would always come down and kick my bottom.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JaxonH

I saw aux cores and accessories (or maybe it was in PoppySwap) that reduced spike damage by 80%. I have no idea what spike damage is though.

Edited on by JaxonH

EvilLucario

Spike damage is basically reflect damage. Hit the enemy and it does damage back to you. In XC1, there's also Spike effects that caused stuff like Topple/Daze if you attacked the enemy while that was Toppled/Dazed, or even instant death. XCX mostly got rid of Spike, only reserving it for like 5 postgame bosses, and there's only one Spike effect from one boss from what I remember.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Just picked the special edition up today! For anyone that's heard both, is the Japanese audio recommended for dub?

TuVictus

Inertiacreep

@Operative2-0 the English voice acting is rather good. All the people online throwing a fit about it before the game came out are stupid.. you'll miss out on a lot of lines if you play with Japanese... also Asurdas Japanese voice is really bad.

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

@Operative2-0
Honest truth, I think the English dub is incredible. With the exception of some of the common blades which are absolutely horrid. But generally speaking the voice work is extremely well done.

Anti-Matter

Guys, can someone tell the difference between Normal Blades and Rare Blades ?
During gameplay, are Blades required to continue the Story progress ?

Btw, Rex was literally "Died" after being stabbed from behind, right ??

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic