Forums

Topic: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Posts 121 to 140 of 151

uximal

@JaxonH Thanks for the info, Then in that case I think I will be getting it end of next month.

3ds | 4983-5921-3975 | Thiori. jr

Switch | SW-8120-4957-2416 | uximal

Lethal

It is another great portable port. First Doom and now Wolfenstein II. The game is just as fun as the other home consoles and you can play this one anywhere. Obviously it is not as pretty as the XB1 and PS4, but it is certainly not ugly.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

NEStalgia

Ok i have the issue that i can't navigate menus at all. Dpad and stick do nothing. So i can do new game and continue but i can't see perks, turn on motion or really do anything. The review mentioned that some reviewers had the issue but nl did not. Anyone know a way around this for now?

Edit: aaaand, im a lazy moron that can't read, lol. Trying the reboot

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Quarth

@NEStalgia
Hope it worked out fine!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

NEStalgia

@Quarth it worked! Wow, motion controls are such a treat in this!

NEStalgia

MeatSauce

Got to spend a lot of time with this game today and it’s fantastic now I’ve never played the other versions but I’m having a lot of fun with this one.I’m also enjoying the motion controls which hasn’t been the case with other titles like Splatoon 2.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

NEStalgia

@MeatSauce did you turn off aim assist? If not that may be why you're liking motion here now then Splatoon. Splatoon has no aim assist so it plays like a pc shooter with a mouse, totally free aim. Wolf leaves aim assist (really meant for sticks) on by default, so it might be helping zero in unlike Splatoon. (I haven't tried with assist on, I turned it off when I enabled motion ..... Used to doom, quake, and wolf with a mouse and Splatoon made me stop caring about shooters with sticks . Wildlands and division are going to such so bad for me on other consoles )

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Wolfenstein 2 has very generous aim assist, which is actually a really good thing if you play with the analog sticks, particularly on a handheld.

But I'm not sure how well it would work using motion. I would turn off the aim assist if using gyro and go 100% real aiming. It feels good too, knowing when you shoot somebody it wasn't because the computer assisted you. It's because you had the skill.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DTMOF84

Is it me or does the audio sound so much better in this game compared to Doom? The explosions and gun effects have so much more bass and fullness to them. I’ve played both games on my surround system and Wolfenstein sounds so much better.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

MeatSauce

@NEStalgia I didn’t even realize about the aim assist I hadn’t even checked the options yet I got right to playing.I really enjoyed Doom but so far I’m liking this way more.I gave up on Splatoon when I saw the disappointment in my niece & nephews eyes when I asked to turn off the gyro controls.

MeatSauce

NEStalgia

@MeatSauce LOL I couldn't get into the menu so I was gnashing my teeth stuck without motion controls until I was able to actually get into options!

Splatoon, yeah. There actually are some high level players that manage to do it without motion controls. So it's possible. But to me, I don't see how you could really be able to play well without motion when everyone else has it since the aim isn't assisted at all, so being pin-point accurate really matters. For me I bought Wolf because of the motion controls....I have enough shooters on X1/PS4 to cope with horrible stick controls....it's nice to have a traditional id Software shooter (or two) that has quality aiming

But yeah, Splatoon default = motion (no assist available); Wolf default = no motion, with assist. Motion (and disabling assist) requires a trip to the menu, at least in handheld mode.

NEStalgia

rallydefault

Getting this after I beat Octopath

rallydefault

Qwertyninty

Getting it tomorrow! I can’t wait to join you guys in enjoying another gr at Switch game and port for the system.

Qwertyninty

DTMOF84

Lethal wrote:

It is another great portable port. First Doom and now Wolfenstein II. The game is just as fun as the other home consoles and you can play this one anywhere. Obviously it is not as pretty as the XB1 and PS4, but it is certainly not ugly.

Changed your opinion on how you felt about Doom now I see.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

JaxonH

This game reminds me how much I love Wolfenstein.

Been hopping back and forth between The New Order on GPD Win 2 handheld (720p medium settings but a little less luxurious control ergonomics and no gyro, still it looks dang impressive on a handheld) and Wolfenstein 2 on Switch which, although it is a little lower resolution and has that filtering that kind of blurs it, it's so dang comfortable to play on Switch and it has gyro too, which just makes it all the more sweet.

If only I could have both at the same time. The resolution of Win 2 but the comfy controls and gyro of Switch... I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lalivero

So far I'm really enjoying the game and, yeah, it is still a sight to behold playing portably. :x These are some twisted ass people.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

NintendoPete

I am not through yet, but I really like it. Don't care what people say about the visuals - they look awesome and much better than any youtube video might suggest. Even in handheld mode. Only some cutscenes tend to stutter while there are no framerate drops during gameplay - at least not that noticeable.

I highly recommend it.

Btw: sometimes after inspecting documents you can't exit the screen. First I reload my last save but I found out that if you just save when stuck, it resolves that problem and you exit automatically.

NintendoPete

rayalx

Guys ! I just purchased the game but i canot do any mele kills ! "Press R" for mele kill but nothing ! I just jump , dance behind them pressing all keys and finaly shoot them . How to perform mele kills ! Pressing R like the game says not work !

rayalx

Bart_T

@rayalx Tried clicking the right stick yet?

I haven't played Wolfie 2 myself yet but most FPS's have melee mapped to clicking the right stick.

Bart_T

NintendoPete

Bart_T wrote:

@rayalx Tried clicking the right stick yet?

I haven't played Wolfie 2 myself yet but most FPS's have melee mapped to clicking the right stick.

Exactly this! You have to press the right analog stick and not the R button

NintendoPete

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic