Forums

Topic: wifi woes/error 2162-0002

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

MagicRupeeLand

Anyone else had problems with their Switch not finding any wireless networks??? I sent mine up with no problems but every time I turn the system in now it will not connect. I try to search for networks and it doesn't find any. I live in a block of flats so it should be able to find something surely?! If I reset my router it will something pick it up but find it strange that the switch will not find any networks. On top if that yesturday I was greeted with error 2162-0002 while playing a about 3 hours of zelda in dock mode and from then on my switch kept displaying the error and not turning off properly (blank screen but lit) when powering of it holding the button for 12 seconds. I formated it (while keeping save file) and the error only appeared once (while trying to find a network ironically). All very frustrating was loving my first week of the awesome new console but my bubble has well and truly burst. Have emailed nintendo for help and waiting on a reply. Anyone else had there problems????

MagicRupeeLand

Jeronan

Had the same error, twice and had to do hard reset. Second time it was stuck in boot loop.

Also, network adapter was faulty as well. Constantly lost network Connection and when doing network tests, half the time it failed or didn't get more than 2mbit download speed.

It's a hardware issue and Return it for replacement.

I returned mine, got a refund and went elsewhere where they still had one in stock. Did a full test in the store before I took it home.
One major difference you'll notice on a "good" Switch is that it easily connects to WiFi (and depending on network bandwith) I easily got up to 60-70 mbit download speeds in connection tests.

Jeronan

MagicRupeeLand

Well that sucks there goes all those hours of zelda down the drain

MagicRupeeLand

Jeronan

MagicRupeeLand wrote:

Well that sucks there goes all those hours of zelda down the drain

I feel for you. Luckily mine already broke down within an hour playing Zelda. So didn't loose much progress.
But it sucks if it happens after a week of playing! Totally idiotic on Nintendo's behalf and inexcusable for not having a game save transfer in place!

Jeronan

andu05

Are you sure that the settings are correct? Try to update them. Check this at this site 192.168.l.l admin There are all instructions and photos. I always check settings here. Everything is detailed and shown in the photos. I'm sure that everything will fine.

Edited on by andu05

andu05

MagicRupeeLand

The Wi-Fi problem seems to have sorted itself out now ( randomly but hey I'll take it). This morning I was greeted with a new errror 2168-0002. I was only playing Zelda in wicked mode for 45 mins and then it appeared. From then on the switch was stuck in a reboot cycle. Tried all avalible options in restarting the system. I turned of my router and switch left it for a couple of minutes and turned them back on. On the second try of turning the switch on it came back to life. Starting to get very concerned with my unit. Can count to times my wii u died on me with one hand and the above has all happened I the last week!

MagicRupeeLand

MagicRupeeLand

In docked mode not wicked lol

MagicRupeeLand

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.