Forums

Topic: Why Would Wii U Owners Be Burned if NX Home Console Launches In 2016?

Posts 41 to 60 of 170

jump

I don't buy Pokemon Rainbow = Pokemon Sun & Moon so I wouldn't give them that personally. Also the list looked fake to me by being to US centric when normally Ninty are Japan centric but it's nothing to really discredit it though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

There was once a time when speculation was fun as people would guess things and not just rely on so-called 'leaks', everyone's opinion was respected and no one's predictions were held in any higher regard than others, and we could all have a good laugh when our predictions turned out to be way off the mark and no insults were thrown around.

That time has well and truly gone based on this thread, as anyone not buying into rumours is now not welcome it seems.

Adios then if that's the case.

Shinion

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

I don't buy Pokemon Rainbow = Pokemon Sun & Moon so I wouldn't give them that personally. Also the list looked fake to me by being to US centric when normally Ninty are Japan centric but it's nothing to really discredit it though.

I can understand it being US centric if someone from the US marketing division was giving you the information. But it all being in English except for one word? What the translator couldn't figure it out?

TheLastLugia wrote:

There was once a time when speculation was fun as people would guess things and not just rely on so-called 'leaks', everyone's opinion was respected and no one's predictions were held in any higher regard than others, and we could all have a good laugh when our predictions turned out to be way off the mark and no insults were thrown around.

That time has well and truly gone based on this thread, as anyone not buying into rumours is now not welcome it seems.

I'll help you out mate. I'm guessing that Paper Mario will be released in August.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Grumblevolcano

@shaneoh: Forgot about that though the actual release date doesn't add or negate any credibility due to the 2nd half of the year starting literally a week afterwards. A week after June 24th is July 1st so Nintendo could have easily decided to put the game out a week or 2 earlier sometime after SMD's leak was revealed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@shaneoh: I'm thinking about around that time too, but I'm apprehensive about commenting that here as I'm not sure if my predictions line up with 'SupaGamerz123' who 'leaked' one or two games correctly so I'm apparently now emotionally involved as a result.

Shinion

veeflames

TheLastLugia wrote:

Now see, this is spot on.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

WebHead

Well opinions, respected or not, can be wrong. especially when the proof is flat out in front of your face. And i will happily apologize to whoever feels hurt if the latter or whatever happens, nor did I intend this to be a flame thread(nor was discussing the leaks really the purpose.)

So shaneoh, instead of arguing let just ask: if a new home console does indeed happen will you feel wronged? and if so why?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

shaneoh

@Grumblevolcano:

Well aware that it's just a week until the second half of the year, but I don't think that arguing on a week or so is a road we want to go down. What constitutes early/late summer, winter, spring and autumn? We could easily be having the same argument if it were a week or two after June 30th with our roles reversed.

Personally I don't see Nintendo releasing a few weeks early because of a supposed leak. Later perhaps, but not early. Promising a launch early could lead to all sorts of issues fouling that promise up. Then people won't ever let you forget it.

Vee_Flames wrote:

Now see, this is spot on.

I see what you did there.

WebHead wrote:

So shaneoh, instead of arguing let just ask: if a new home console does indeed happen will you feel wronged? and if so why?

I wouldn't feel wronged, that would mean I took it personally. I would feel dissatisfied, I was expecting 5 years out of the console. It's what I expect out of all my hardware before it needs an upgrade, phones, tvs, disc players etc. I think the 3DS needs replacing more than the Wii U does, not because of Stockholm syndrome (yeah that's been thrown about) or any other ridiculous reason, but because the thing chugs when starting up, and it is having software nerfed because it can't handle it.

TheLastLugia wrote:

@shaneoh: I'm thinking about around that time too, but I'm apprehensive about commenting that here as I'm not sure if my predictions line up with 'SupaGamerz123' who 'leaked' one or two games correctly so I'm apparently now emotionally involved as a result.

Hahahahaha. Love it.

Anyways I should go to bed, but I'm probably too emotionally involved with my Wii U to be able to do that. I lay awake at night, y'know, for every time I close my eyes I see my Wii U gathering dust, corroding, staring at me with its' lifeless power light, silently screaming; "WHY DID YOU ABANDON ME?"

Night.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

LzWinky

I think the issue is that leaks are now more commonplace that their credibility has gone down the toilet. The ones that do get information right get dismissed under the trash pile of leaks that get nothing right.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryu_Niiyama

I don't see currently how a new home console will be more compelling than the wiiu. We have no evidence of 3rd party support and while the wiiu doesn't have a ton of third parties lining up it does have a few staunch supporters. At this point for me I would need to see the controller (I like the gamepad) and a solid third party line up (I'd prefer exclusives to multiplats but I buy all the systems so I can afford to feel that way) before I'd bite. I'm apparently a unicorn that is quite satisfied with my wiiu and my game library (So much that I have two of them and bought a friend one for christmas) while I currently don't feel that way at all about my ps4 or xbone. Meaning If Nintendo just rushes a system to market with no support I'll likely sit on my wiiu for a year or two while the dust clears. I still don't think a new system is the mythical savior everyone is touting it to be. Nintendo is going to have to court third parties. And Advertise...please, please Advertise. I've sold about 10 coworkers on the wiiu that had no clue how much fun the system is until they spoke to me about about. I do think its time for a successor to the 3ds though. With Sony out of the running now is the time to beef up the hardware and scoop up the devs they will be setting free.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WebHead

@TingLz: i think we should all agree that something NX is launching this november. Nintendo is noticeably really stacking up the first half of the year.

WebHead

veeflames

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I don't see currently how a new home console will be more compelling than the wiiu. We have no evidence of 3rd party support and while the wiiu doesn't have a ton of third parties lining up it does have a few staunch supporters. At this point for me I would need to see the controller (I like the gamepad) and a solid third party line up (I'd prefer exclusives to multiplats but I buy all the systems so I can afford to feel that way) before I'd bite. I'm apparently a unicorn that is quite satisfied with my wiiu and my game library (So much that I have two of them and bought a friend one for christmas) while I currently don't feel that way at all about my ps4 or xbone. Meaning If Nintendo just rushes a system to market with no support I'll likely sit on my wiiu for a year or two while the dust clears. I still don't think a new system is the mythical savior everyone is touting it to be. Nintendo is going to have to court third parties. And Advertise...please, please Advertise. I've sold about 10 coworkers on the wiiu that had no clue how much fun the system is until they spoke to me about about. I do think its time for a successor to the 3ds though. With Sony out of the running now is the time to beef up the hardware and scoop up the devs they will be setting free.

This. This is what I've been saying.
Preach on.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Shinion

@Ryu_Niiyama: I agree, I don't know why people are so convinced already that the NX is going to be the best thing since sliced bread almost immediately whilst on the other side there are people convinced that the NX is going to be a rushed mess because of a few Wii U and 3DS games they don't like. I mean, what will the NX do that will decide its fate immediately? I've had my PS4 since launch and I really don't get the hype for it, and the Xbox One is no better or worse really. They're both really interchangeable, unremarkable and a little bit toss if I'm being honest, to quote someone who I think summed one of them up well with that phrase recently.

Is it just the case that it's not the Wii U so it must, 100% be better? That's a shame if that's true, or is it the rumours of 3rd party support? In my opinion at least, that really isn't something worth getting excited for either, most 3rd party games this gen are crap.

Again as with the PS4, I don't get why people are so hyped. We know nothing for certain. What gives?

Shinion

skywake

WebHead wrote:

Not to be mean but with the evidence and leaks being legit, I think anyone that denies it at this point is due to emotional investment in Wii u.

None of the leaks said NX was a home console. That was speculation tacked on the end. The leak for what it was worth listed games largely already known. The source said nothing about what the NX was

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

@skywake: idk, does 3ds look like a system that's getting replaced in 8 months? Wouldn't a handheld need to be like $300 to get the power needed? Do devs want to spend tens of millions of dollars making portable games?

Common sense and deductive reasoning my friend.

WebHead

iKhan

skywake wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping the NX (if it's a console), has Wii U backward compatibility, because you are right, it won't have more games than Wii U at launch or for at least a year [...] I'm hoping that the NX somehow finds a way to be more successful and find 3rd party support. And yes, that is something that can be fixed with a new set of hardware.

The only way I can see them magically being more appealing to third parties with just new hardware is if they change the architecture. Move to x86. Because having an install base is the only other way they can do it and they won't get that out of the gate. And if that's the way they go they won't have backwards compatibility. At least not without some kind of (slow) work around along the lines of what Microsoft is doing on the XBOne. Even then there's the issue of controls.....

Again, it can also be more appealing the way the Wii managed to be appealing to 3rd Parties. An intriguing concept with a strong launch lineup leading to decent 3rd party support.

I don't need the NX to become the XB360 or something, but I'd like at least the passable 3rd party support the N64 and Wii received.

Also, part of the Wii U's problem was that the Gamepad really didn't have much unique utilization in single player games. Basically the only game that would really have control issues that I want to play is Wonderful 101.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

My God, the deja vu is strong in the thread. "DID YOU SEE IT?! DID YOU SEE IT?! GRENINJA WAS ANNOUNCED! OMAJEEZ, GEMATSU PREDICTED A SIXTH GEN POKEMON AND WE GOT ONE! OHMAHGORSH, IT'S ALL TRUE! IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE!"

Remember the Rayman leak, too? The one that turned out to be a YouTube series on make characters look like Smash characters? Even IF everything is going in that direction, there's no evidence to support a leak ever being anything more than a really good guess. That is just as true of these leaks as any other.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@WebHead: Not in the slightest. The 3DS is a fairly old piece of hardware, by this point. The New 3DS proved that you can give the system more power without it costing an arm and a leg, but given the utter lack of New 3DS exclusive titles (we have two now, right?) that doesn't constitute enough of an upgrade to say "the 3DS is revitalized! It's gonna last a whole three more years!" (No one is saying three years. I threw that in for effect.)

Nintendo can absolutely improve on the 3DS in many ways. And to answer the question, the 3DS looks about as ready to drop as the Wii U. Neither of them appear to have much of anything for the back half of the year. Pokemon Sun and Moon on the 3DS, Paper Mario Color Splash (maybe) and Zelda U on the Wii U. I don't see how any of this is proof that the NX is coming out this year or that it'll replace the Wii U.

@iKhan Don't even try that. The Wii was appealing to 3rd parties because of its install base. If the Wii U had sold Wii numbers, I bet the 3rd parties would be falling over themselves trying to pick it up right now.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ralizah

Leaks are fascinating. They're right often enough that you can never completely discount them before the Word of God has spoken on something, but, at the same time, most of them are wrong, so one has to remain skeptical.

It's far more interesting to see an interesting leak and then evaluate the evidence for or against it than to listen to random people spout out their supposed predictions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

skywake

WebHead wrote:

@skywake: idk, does 3ds look like a system that's getting replaced in 8 months?

In terms of announced software the Wii U and 3DS are about on par. Either could go in the next year depending on what else there is or isn't. In terms of hardware, in terms of what else can be done on those platforms? The 3DS is closer to the end

The 3DS is propped up by RPGs. That makes it harder to see what's up. But that doesn't mean it's not showing it's age.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.