Forums

Topic: Why Would Wii U Owners Be Burned if NX Home Console Launches In 2016?

Posts 121 to 140 of 170

Octane

DjLewe78 wrote:

On Sunday night I was looking at neogaf and a post came up with lots of pictures of what I think were E3 application forms for developers and hardware manufacturers briefly asking for information on what they were showing and embargo dates. Regrettably I didn't look at them all as most of them were just the questions with no answers. However I read 1 that had info about the NX and 2 games (the bit with games on was a separate box with a scroll bar so it could only show 2 games as it was a still picture but there were more).
The games were beyond good and evil 2 and earthbound HD.
There was a description of the NX, I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of "Nintendo Is releasing an insanely powerful console and has immense 3rd party support" there may have been more buy it's all I can remember.
I wasn't really convinced by it at first as it just didnt sound like Nintendo using words like "insanely", but then the comments underneath were basically saying, "take this down, you shouldn't have shown this, your in trouble dude!"
I went to bed as it was late but I was interested.
In the morning the post was gone.
Is this interesting as I don't know what to think?

As fake as pink flying unicorns.

Octane

DjLewe78

@Octane

I thought that, it was just really weird that senior members were just saying take this down, there was no body saying fake at all.
Which is why I kept reading.
The vibe was more like the posters in trouble rather than being ridiculed as a fake poster.
Oh well

1 up !

Octane

@DjLewe78: If I wanted to fake a good leak, then I'd take it down myself as well once it gets enough traction.

It's just another leak playing in on people's wishes; "Nintendo Is releasing an insanely powerful console and has immense 3rd party support". Yeah, that's what everybody wants, so I doubt that's going to happen. Also, let's take a look at the games; Beyond Good and Evil 2, this one if obviously playing in on the ''rumour'' from last week. I'm not sure why any company would try to revive that game, as the first was a complete wreck in terms of sales. There's a vocal fanbase, but beyond that? Bayonetta 2 made a lot more sense in that regard. And Earthbound HD? This is another red flag. Why would Nintendo choose to remake Mother 2 and not the first one?

Octane

iKhan

DjLewe78 wrote:

On Sunday night I was looking at neogaf and a post came up with lots of pictures of what I think were E3 application forms for developers and hardware manufacturers briefly asking for information on what they were showing and embargo dates. Regrettably I didn't look at them all as most of them were just the questions with no answers. However I read 1 that had info about the NX and 2 games (the bit with games on was a separate box with a scroll bar so it could only show 2 games as it was a still picture but there were more).
The games were beyond good and evil 2 and earthbound HD.
There was a description of the NX, I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of "Nintendo Is releasing an insanely powerful console and has immense 3rd party support" there may have been more buy it's all I can remember.
I wasn't really convinced by it at first as it just didnt sound like Nintendo using words like "insanely", but then the comments underneath were basically saying, "take this down, you shouldn't have shown this, your in trouble dude!"
I went to bed as it was late but I was interested.
In the morning the post was gone.
Is this interesting as I don't know what to think?

NeoGAF verifies leaks, so if it was removed, it's likely it was fake.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DjLewe78

OK cool it's the first time it's really happened that a story I was interested in dissappears. Damn fakers ! He did a hell of a lot of work as there were over 10 pages of these E3 forms. All that for being on neogaf for an hour ! Lol its quite funny really

1 up !

rallydefault

@NintendoFan64: You are welcome to your opinion, sir. But if you read my posts, which I'm thoroughly convinced you're sampling from maybe a grand total of one or two, I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER say that I am totally right. EVER.

Unless it's the post where I was speaking to you about the launch in 2016. In that case, I am absolutely right and you are more wrong than anybody has ever been wrong. Ever.

rallydefault

NintendoFan64

rallydefault wrote:

@NintendoFan64: You are welcome to your opinion, sir. But if you read my posts, which I'm thoroughly convinced you're sampling from maybe a grand total of one or two, I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER say that I am totally right. EVER.

...

rallydefault wrote:

@DefHalan: You're right - technically he's not wrong right now. But he will be soon.

rallydefault wrote:

Are we really still debating if NX is coming out in 2016? It is, people! Accept it and move on lol

See, this is what I'm talking about. You are free to have an opinion, but your treating everyone else's opinion that it might not come out this year as denial or just plain stupidity. Then again, I could probably say that about a couple other 2016-release supporters...

skywake wrote:

It seems more likely given the amount of stuff coming out. And by stuff I mean talk from places like Foxconn and not the rumour mill.

Technically the Foxconn thing doesn't count, because that was apparently just investor speculation.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

skywake

NintendoFan64 wrote:

skywake wrote:

It seems more likely given the amount of stuff coming out. And by stuff I mean talk from places like Foxconn and not the rumour mill.

Technically the Foxconn thing doesn't count, because that was apparently just investor speculation.

It's just one of many. There was a similar one from a component manufacturer and we know devs have started talking about getting dev kits. Now that doesn't guarantee 2016 but I think it's fair to assume NX, whatever it is, comes out sooner rather than later.

So late 2016 or the first half of 2017.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

UGXwolf

Can we just settle on this: Regardless of what piece of hardware is coming out at the end of 2016, if any at all, Nintendo is being at least as secretive about it as usual and so anything short of Nintendo revealing the console with big, bold letters and a release date is merely speculation and rumors. Regardless of what side of the argument you're on.

I, personally, speculate that a six-month hype cycle isn't even remotely enough for a home console and would even argue that it's particularly short notice for a brand new handheld, as well.

Remember, not everyone makes enough to throw away that kind of income on a single paycheck. Some of us need to save up, which can take quite some time, if other unforeseen expenses become an issue, and Nintendo needs as big of an install base as they can get away with.

I have plenty of other little reasons I don't think it's launching this year, but as I pointed out off the bat, it's ALL just rumors and speculations. Nothing more, and Nintendo isn't likely to allow it to be anything more until they, themselves, are ready to release more info.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Octane

@UGXwolf: I think that's a pretty safe statement to make and I agree.

Octane

Vinny

DjLewe78 wrote:

@Octane

I thought that, it was just really weird that senior members were just saying take this down, there was no body saying fake at all.
Which is why I kept reading.
The vibe was more like the posters in trouble rather than being ridiculed as a fake poster.
Oh well

From what I recall of this thread, he was just showing how easy it was to fake E3 applications. Earthbound HD and everything else there were examples and people were telling him to take it down because gaming sites would see it and report it as a rumor.
[RUMOR] EARTHBOUND HD CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

WebHead

@UGXwolf: honestly at this point I don't think even half of Nintendo knows what NX is right now.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Remember, not everyone makes enough to throw away that kind of income on a single paycheck. Some of us need to save up, which can take quite some time, if other unforeseen expenses become an issue, and Nintendo needs as big of an install base as they can get away with.

If the NX does launch this year, then I will probably not be able to afford it

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Remember, not everyone makes enough to throw away that kind of income on a single paycheck. Some of us need to save up, which can take quite some time, if other unforeseen expenses become an issue, and Nintendo needs as big of an install base as they can get away with.

If the NX does launch this year, then I will probably not be able to afford it

If it launches with Zelda, I'll find a way.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Remember, not everyone makes enough to throw away that kind of income on a single paycheck. Some of us need to save up, which can take quite some time, if other unforeseen expenses become an issue, and Nintendo needs as big of an install base as they can get away with.

If the NX does launch this year, then I will probably not be able to afford it

If it launches with Zelda, I'll find a way.

I will just buy Zelda on my Wii U (if it is that Zelda)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WebHead

@DefHalan: what other Zelda would it be? Come on people.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rallydefault

@UGXwolf: Some may argue that the hype train HAS been going for about 2-3 months already, giving us practically a solid year of hype before the thing comes out. Does that meet the hype quotient for you?

I mean, you're here in this thread, aren't you? I'm here - we're all here talking about it. And we're the "base" - we're the people who already own Nintendo products. We are doing exactly what Nintendo wants. We are turning through all of these rumors. Even if we didn't have MetalDave's leak and such, some of us would still just be discussing Nintendo's official mentioning of NX from late last year.

You start with your base and grow. But really, let's be honest - it's not just us. I've seen lots of articles on big sites like IGN covering the same leaks we've been discussing here, and those articles reach gamers very unlike us - people who don't own Nintendo consoles and very well may hate Nintendo.

The word has been out there, and the hype has been building, official press releases be damned.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

DefHalan

@WebHead: Tri-Force Heroes HD or an original 2D Zelda, maybe even using ALBW assets.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WebHead

@DefHalan: .....why on earth would they do that? That makes zero sense.

Come on guys. I know you guys probably don't want a new system this year but yeesh.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic