Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 641 to 646 of 646

edhe

I did it. Wasn't so hard after a bit of prep.

It could have been because I gained a few levels, but I also boosted Olberic & Cyrus' damage output via a few passives from the special jobs. I gave Cyrus a skill that gives him a elemental buff in battle, and Olberic, the BP eater skill. Furthermore, I broke out Aelfric's Auspices, and suddenly, Cyrus is doing 54,000 damage in a single turn - Winnehild didn't even have a chance to get all her weapons out.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Purgatorium

The Runelord + Tressa's sidestep tactic feels like cheese but for the life of me I couldn't find any other way to beat Winnehild. I was like "I know the tactic, but I won't do it" and Winnehild wrecked me every time. Once I got pretty close but that desperation attack is devastating.

I'm on second playthrough taking only Haanit, Therion, Alfyn and Primrose (my least used characters). I'm finding I really relied on Cyrus on my first playthrough. Has anyone else found a damage dealer comparable to Cyrus? Is he just OP or is there something I'm missing?

Purgatorium

King-X

Warmaster Ha'anit used right is far more damaging than Cyrus, especially if you have a build that gives extra damage for low HP and keep her at 1HP.

Edited on by King-X

Currently Playing: Dragon Quest XI (Previously played on PS4)

edhe

I give up. I can't take any more of this game any more. I don't have the time or patience to spend 40 minutes in a f***ing boss rush just for the final boss to whomp me in one strike.

Unless anyone's got any sure fire techniques for beating the final boss, I'm done.

EDIT I've watched two speed runs now, and both utilise a 1HP Olberic - the problem is, when I tried following these guides, the turn order is always different, and Olberic would ultimately be KOed before he even gets a chance to act. I then replaced his low health skill with an attack+ one, and healed him, but he couldn't do enough damage before the boss just wipes me...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

Never mind.

I managed it - despite forgetting to equip Olberic with the skill that increases damage when your health is low - despite sending him into the last battle with only 1HP. He was lucky to survive the initial few rounds, so I healed him up pretty quickly.

The preceding battle was extra tough though, because right at the worst moment, the boss decided to disable my magician's magic (can that be healed akin to silence?), then dragged someone away. I was close to losing control, but I managed it. Then I prepared for the final stage, juiced Olberic up, and broke out his Winnehild skill, and... it did not wipe out the other targets in one volley.

I survived this time, because I hadn't actually equipped anyone's armour on the second team, other than Olberic.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Purgatorium

@King-X

Huh, that's interesting. I completely underestimated Haanit. I mostly ignored her because I couldn't be bothered capturing monsters and therefore thought Olberic was better to have around as a dueler, which I regretted because I liked her better as a character.

Thanks! In my second playthrough I'm not even picking up Olberic so I'll try out that Haanit cheese.

Also thinking more about Runelord, I've realized that there literally isn't any other useful job combo but with Tressa. It must have been made for her.

Purgatorium

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic