Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 601 to 620 of 628

rallydefault

Hrm, yea I would say that's not normal. Do you have Cyrus' ability on that lowers your rate of random battles? I'd turn that off - the battles you get in going from A to B are obviously nice in terms of extra leveling. Are you equipping all available skills? Updating your gear before heading out of towns? Finding the class shrines and making your party members two classes at once?

I did a few of the optional dungeons along the way but nothing major and never really had an issue with dungeons and boss fights. Regardless, I think you need to do some grinding and make sure you're utilizing/equipping class skills. I can see how some people, especially those not super familiar with JRPGs, might miss some of that stuff.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Elyte

I just got octopath traveller but I’m debating whether to return it or not, I’m struggling with the pacing and with it being too easy, does anyone know if the pacing and difficulty change later on

Elyte

komodo182

@Eternalfalcon I think you will struggle a bit later on with bosses. Overall, a decent game if you are a fan of turn based games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Spoony_Tech

I think you will struggle or have an easy go depending on the main character you first choose. There's 4 that seem overpowered and 4 that seem weaker. I had Olberic as my main and he could take out a good deal early on with his attacks. While overall I never thought the game was hard it was still fun in many ways.

If after you get a full squad of 4 and still feel the same way I doubt you will enjoy it. It's not one of those that grab you the more you play. You either love the art style and gameplay from the early on or you don't.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Eternalfalcon
The difficulty will raise, especially if you do the normal rpg stuff of seeking out the upgrades and tackling some of the optional dungeons.

HOWEVER, if you're not a fan of the pacing early in the game, I would say you probably won't end up enjoying the game as a whole. The vast majority of chapters are paced the same way and become very, very predictable. I did like the game, but I didn't love it, and that was probably the main reason. It was just too predictable.

rallydefault

Elyte

I take back what I said, this game is really good, I’ve played 7 hours now and it’s a lot better, I love the art style and music, I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where the music has made me so relaxed when exploring and so pumped up when I get into battle, definitely keeping this one

Edited on by Elyte

Elyte

komodo182

@Eternalfalcon glad to hear it. All this talk is making me want to do another playthrough.

rallydefault

@Eternalfalcon
Glad you like it! Like I said, I did enjoy it, but the sameness of the chapters got to me after awhile. It became one of those games where I just kind of plunged through the last dozen hours because I just wanted it to be over (I think I clocked in at like 50ish hours).

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

zool

Advice needed🙃

I'M quite a way into the first levels. I have seven characters at level 22 or below. So far so good, plenty of grinding, mostly by default, because I can't move far without being put into enemy battles.

The graphics are good, Square has done a good job there, the battle system is one of the best and I have the golden axe which helps.

My problem is this.... I'm board. Battling/grinding, and reading pages of dialogue. Nothing changes, except moving to a new area or town which looks good, but then more pages of dialogue that does nothing but distract from the gameplay, and battles.
Am i missing something? Or is repetition part of what others enjoy?
I wonder how many players have 100 % finished it.

I think I've reached my limit, unfortunately.

Edited on by zool

zool

Tasuki

@zool I know how you feel I started the game when it first came out got so far into it and then just got bored with it cause it seems like it's the same thing over and over. I tried to go back to it recently but forgot what I was doing what was going on and really don't want to have to start over just to get to the same point and get bored again and stop playing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rallydefault

@zool
Unfortunately, that's kind of it.

It's definitely "old school" in terms of the grind, and the lack of a single cohesive storyline can be tough to deal with. Like I said a few posts back (but a long time ago), most of the chapters felt pretty formulaic for me. If I didn't really enjoy some of the individual characters, I probably wouldn't have stuck it out through the entire game.

It is fun to hunt for the shrines and optional stuff, but again, that's just asking for more grind.

So, yea, unfortunately the clouds don't part and reveal a massively different section of game from what you've been experiencing so far.

rallydefault

VoidofLight

It pains me to know that there's a mobile prequel to the game, but it's Japanese exclusive with Gacha mechanics.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

komodo182

@VoidofLight I'd like a prequel (with more of a story), but not on mobile haha.

VoidofLight

@komodo182 no, I mean the prequel game’s real, but it’s confined fo mobile with gacha mechanics..

komodo182

@VoidofLight I would take it on the switch with no gacha.

VoidofLight

@komodo182 Same honestly.

rallydefault

I bet there's a bit of a chance to get it on Switch eventually.

rallydefault

Xyphon22

Finally getting around to playing this. I just finished the last person's first chapter. I'm enjoying it so far. It became a lot easier once I got my fourth member. I don't know how it's possible to just do one person's first four chapters before moving on to the next person as I've heard some people do. I've finished all eight Chapter Ones and my first person (Cyrus) still isn't up to his recommended Chapter Two level. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes as I don't to think there is a single main character that I dislike. The gameplay routine is a little too samey with not much different between the chapters, but I'm still having fun with it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Andyv01

Just finished the demo... kept getting to the load game screen only to have to pause for three minutes to let the music finish... its just too good.
I can't recall this ever happening before and i've been playing games a long, loooong time.

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic