Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 481 to 500 of 628

RedSonic

I finally beat the game 100%. Took about 110 hours and all characters was between lvl 75 to 80.

Best game on Switch so far in my opinion.

RedSonic

Namco

About the true finale

Tried the final boss for the second time, now with a level 60-70 team and defeated it. It took quite a long time, the first half of the second stage was nearly killing me, it nullified my status enhancements like all the time. Seriously the reward was so disappointing!

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Cynas

@Navitroid
I really liked the reward. At that point in the game there's really not much left to do especially if you're already done the other sidequests, so it's nice to have something to make it easier to go back to previous dungeons and pick up chests you may have missed or scrutinize/inquire people outside of towns. I can't think of anything else they could have given me I would have liked. An overpowered weapon would be pretty pointless since you just beat the most powerful thing in the game.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Namco

@Cynas
I guess the final boss was the real reward then. Defeating it wasn't easy and I did like the challenge. I think I didn't have a real challenge since the first two chapter 1 bosses simply because I forgot mechanics. I just wish there was more interesting content after Galdera. The Ribbon feels like it does the opposite of giving content by disabling the biggest part of the game, fights! On the other hand it is useful for completing the game if you're up to it

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

bluemage1989

Was really wanting to get this but one of, if not the main reason, I play jrpgs is for the story and interparty dialogue. I've heard plenty of complaints about these in Octopath Traveller. Do you guys think these complaints would be serious enough to ruin the experience for me??

bluemage1989

darkfenrir

@bluemage1989 It really depends for you- for me, the interparty dialogue that happens in every chapter after chapter 1 are enough (even if it's 1-on-1 talk), and that I love each person's story (Of course, some I love more than the others).

It really depends on yourself in the end o.o)

darkfenrir

Enigminator

Sadly, I only found out about the second jobs when I made it to everyone's last chapter. I just completed each of them too.

Enigminator

Kimyonaakuma

I had the luckiest moment today! I used Bewildering Grace (Fully Boosted) and summoned a Cait, and then got EXP and JP x2!

...I was suprised that all of that could happen in one turn, but I'm not complaining

Kimyonaakuma

Enigminator

I completely forgot about those furballs

Enigminator

Spoony_Tech

I'm chugging along lol. With what little time I would like with the game I'm just about done with chapter 2's.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Man, I just finished Alfyn's story, and wow. It might honestly partly be me being mildly drunk, but it left just such a good feeling. Alfyn's the kind of person I doubt the existence of in real life, and yet, hope and pray really exists. He's just an all around good person in a way that is almost hard to believe. I Love this game so much. As I wrap up each character's story, I am just left feeling so good. This is another must have on the Switch, no question!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tasuki

Just started the demo tonight, played about an hour of it and I will say I enjoyed it. Still kinda confused on the Battle system but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. I just might have to pick this one up the next time I get paid.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mordridakon

I hate JRPGS, especially modern anime-infused ones that feature a spiky-haired angsty teenager.
But I love this one. I find the characters much more engaging that other JRPGS and love the design, as formulaic as it is. I'm about 45 hours in and plan to finish(Mid-way through chapter 3 stories).

Mordridakon

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp just grabbed my last character. I'll finish Primerose's chapter 1 and then I'll be grinding for a while.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Mordridakon

AlternateButtons wrote:

I love Tressa, but her Chapter 2 boss is digustingly cheap.

If you think he is bad, wait until you meet her chapter 3 boss.

Mordridakon

Spoony_Tech

Other then losing a challenge here and there I've yet to see a game over screen. Probably just the way I'm playing and leveling but not once have I had to grind for anything. Just litteraly finished all chapter 2's and staying in Goldshore to do my first chapter 3. All characters are level 32 or higher with my starter at level 44. We shall see if chapter 3's give me more of a challenge.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Picked up the official OST on CD a couple days ago, and man, this is why I still buy physical releases like this! The CDs have absolutely beautiful artwork on them. They are almost chrome, each with 2 of the characters on them. The booklet includes an interview with the composer in both Japanese and English too. I ripped the music onto my PC and then put them on my shelf, next to my Xenoblade, Pokemon, Mario and Splatoon OSTs and several other anime singles too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Kimyonaakuma

@AlternateButtons Tressa was the first chapter two that I had tried, but I had to pause it and try another chapter - just because of the boss! I'm pretty sure the recommended level is for experts because I was over it by at least five levels
I think the game becomes easier with secondary jobs but I didn't have any at that point, but that would probably help because you would have extra skills. Personally I found that adding Alfyn to my party helped A LOT! The axe attacks and vivify make it easier

I found a couple of difficulty spikes in the game and they were at my first chapter two and first chapter four, but I found getting the first 8 secondary jobs eased the difficulty and the "secret" jobs help with chapter 4, but I've only completed Tressa's fourth chapter so I might be wrong about that.

Kimyonaakuma

Spoony_Tech

@AlternateButtons The secondary jobs start appearing on chapter 2's. You usually don't have to go to far out of the way to find them. Apperently I missed one of them myself and haven't a clue where to look. When you are heading for a chapter 2 look for the odd cave here and there then you will find them.

MERG said:

Kimyonaakuma

@AlternateButtons Well the secondary jobs are available found on the roads to the chapter two locations, and they can make some bosses easier.

Or you can do what I did and pause that chapter at the tavern, do another chapter to level up and then return. But I felt weird about leaving the final part of the chapter just to move on. I did find a difficulty spike at the start of the second chapters but it gets easier

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic