Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 321 to 340 of 628

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech I've heard there's a pretty big difficulty spike in terms of the boss fights after the second chapters.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah Well the way I'm playing I may be ok. I'm going to do all the stories first before I move on. 5 down and 3 to go just in the first chapter and I'm decently leveled already thanks to a couple of huge experience boosts of just over 1000.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech When I get it, I'm unsure whether I want to do all the characters in one go or guide two separate teams through the game separately (you're apparently unlocked from your starting character once you complete their fourth chapter).

On one hand, having all the characters will allow me to use their path actions as I play throughout the game and solve sidequest puzzles. On the other hand, I'm worried that having one character in my party through the entire game will way overlevel them.

Kimyonaakuma

I only found a couple of the chapter two bosses challenging but most are at the right difficulty level, they might just take some time to defeat.
I've only defeated one chapter three boss so far but it was really easy, and my character was three levels below the recommendation.

Kimyonaakuma

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah I'm not one to go through a game twice so I want to experience everything I can in one play through. If I finish one character or 2 I might not feel the need to finish them all and say I beat the game. If I take my time and go through each one I should be more invested to see them all through. So far I'm interested in all 5 of the stories I've done to this point.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

I feel so behind. I'm just trucking around looking for shrines and grinding. I only have four characters and have only done their chapter 1 stories...and I'm having so much fun! I love this game.

Although anybody know what the Cait monsters do? Heavy XP, money? I keep encountering them and having them run off but I dont know what they do...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kimyonaakuma

@Ryu_Niiyama What counts as behind? As long as you're enjoying it then nothing else really matters in my opinion

I've only managed to defeat one Cait before it managed to flee but it gives large amounts of experience, money and Job Points, worth it if you are lucky enough!

Kimyonaakuma

Spoony_Tech

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I feel so behind. I'm just trucking around looking for shrines and grinding. I only have four characters and have only done their chapter 1 stories...and I'm having so much fun! I love this game.

Although anybody know what the Cait monsters do? Heavy XP, money? I keep encountering them and having them run off but I dont know what they do...

Here's what I got....

Tressa went from level 7 or 8 to 15 in that one battle.

Then this happened like 20 minutes later and it wasn't that same enemy either...

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I don't even own the game yet, so I'm pretty sure I'm even more behind.

Sticking to this "no backlog" commitment is a bit of a challenge.

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Man, my backlog is too big for my own good. I just upgraded my PC last week, so now I can play way more games than I could have ever hoped for.

And I've got Octo Expansion still not even touched and I impulse-bought Crash for Switch because it was on sale for 30% off on Newegg. And I also want Octopath, but no money right now lol...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I've got plenty of money for what I want and multiple systems to play on. Unfortunately, impulsive spending habits over the years have led to the development of a massive, multi-system backlog. Except for the Switch. I've played pretty much everything on my Switch (a few games I quit playing out of disinterest, but I'm not going to keep playing something that I'm not enjoying, y'know?) to this point, and I don't want the cycle to repeat with it.

It's not a strict rule. Sometimes I buy a few games at a time. But only if I think I can complete them in a reasonable amount of time. So I'm not buying JRPGs together, but I nabbed the Octo Expansion, the DK Adventure DLC for Mario + Rabbids, and Ys VIII in a short span of time. Because the former two could be knocked out over the course of a week or two and would add variety to my gaming diet (Octo Expansion is fantastic, btw; better than the single-player content in the base game).

This only really applies to games I buy on consoles, though. I have a ton of PS+ games, but those accumulate on their own, and between humble bundles and steam sales I've accumulated hundreds of PC games to play over the years. I could spend the next five years just playing my PC backlog. It is what it is, and I just try not to worry too much about it (but also not add to it, aside from the occasional humble bundle donation).

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah My problem is I see a game I want on sale and I get it. Not ready to play it but I get it none the less. Got Yooka Laylee and played all of 30 minutes or so because of the sale. I want and will get Enter the Gungeon but will table that as well. Oddly though even while I just got back into Battle Chasers, Octopath has taken all my gaming time. I really feel like I want this to be my one game for now even though I will still pick up games here and there.

MERG said:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah LOL I respect that. I was trying to beat Battle Chasers Nightwar before this came out and I failed miserably. Although I've trimmed my pre orders to Let's go eevee smash and blade strangers. So hopefully I can do like you ...one day.

@Spoony_Tech @Kimyonaakuma

Lol so RIGHT after I posted that I took a break and played for 15 mins. Encountered a cait and i will say that the Medium stones (no matter the element ) are your friend. Ran up about 3 levels per character. So I find that amusing as I've seen this monster at least 10 times since I started (Including the heaver variants) but I ran if i was in too high an area or they ran because their defense is so high; I'm about to milk this.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kimyonaakuma

My Switch backlog is very small, I only have some moons left in Mario Odyssey and some missions in FE Warriors.

I've been trying to have one game as my main focus and have one or two as backups to keep things varied. Seems to be working for me, and I'll have plenty of games to play for the rest of the year when Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee is the only upcoming Nintendo game left for me this year.

Kimyonaakuma

MeatSauce

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Ralizah My problem is I see a game I want on sale and I get it. Not ready to play it but I get it none the less. Got Yooka Laylee and played all of 30 minutes or so because of the sale. I want and will get Enter the Gungeon but will table that as well. Oddly though even while I just got back into Battle Chasers, Octopath has taken all my gaming time. I really feel like I want this to be my one game for now even though I will still pick up games here and there.

I have a similar problem if it’s a game I’m interested in and it’s on sale or with the amazon prime 20% off preorder gimmick I just buy it right now my backlog is daunting.
DK Tropical Freeze
The 2 Shantae games
South Park FBW
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Battle Chasers
Crash Trilogy
Wolfenstein 2
Doom
Mario Tennis Aces
XenoBlade Chronicles 2
Thumper
Just Shapes and Beats
Owl boy
Runner 3
SF 30th Anniversary Collection
I’ve only got a couple hours into Octopath
I got Mega Man X Collection preordered
And that’s just off the top of my head I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten about.Once I receive Mega Man I’m not buying anymore games till the fall....unless I want something.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

Ralizah

Over time, I've learned to mostly ignore sales if I'm not immediately interested in playing what's on offer. I just remind myself that if something is on sale now, more than likely it'll be on sale again for the same price at some point in the future.

Swordsman83

what is the best job combination for each character inclusive of those hidden jobs ?

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

Maxz

I think I win at 'behindness'. I'm really enjoying the game so much - lovely atmosphere and storytelling. But I haven't actually got into a battle yet. I' so glad I've bought it though, in terms of the diversity it's brought to my Switch collection. After searing bouts of Splatoon (or even Mario Tennis), it's nice to have something that doesn't demand such split second reactions and decision making.

It's also my first proper Switch RPG, after failing to be taken in by Xenoblade's aesthetics and general feel.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Ryu_Niiyama
Is a "cait" that monster that looks sort of like a treasure goblin from Diablo? Like, a little creature holding a big bag over its shoulder?

I got into a random encounter with a bunch of other monsters, and one of those things was in the back. It took very little damage from my attacks, but I did manage to kill it in a couple turns (I thought it was going to run if I didn't kill it immediately or something). And then at the end of the combat, my characters got HUGE xp and went up multiple levels each.

I was surprised but pretty happy about it, obviously lol

rallydefault

Kimyonaakuma

@rallydefault Yes that's a Cait, but I think there's another type which looks like a big cat which gives even more XP

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic