Forums

Topic: What Games Do We Want?

Posts 121 to 140 of 166

Bezbot

@cyrex Don't think we will get a new Zelda anytime soon. Hopefully we will have remakes such as Skyward Sword HD though, or at least Virtual Console.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

mav-i-am

Canadian_Ronin wrote:

mav-i-am wrote:

I would love to see Nintendo buy a big chunk of Capcom if I am honest.

In fantasy land, yes.

why fantasy land? Nintendo have the money in the bank so why not use some of it??

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

faint

@mav-i-am Well first of all capcom is valued at 1.5 billion. To buy a company like that first Nintendo has to buy up enough stock to be a majority holder (hostile takeover) and an ok from the Japanese government. Then they have to buy it out while keeping all of capcons contracts in place i.e. Put money into ongoing projects for other platforms. It would cost an insane amount of money assuming capcom wants a buy out. If not they can fight and cost them even more. Capcom is to big. Altus would have been a good fit but sega beat them to it.

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

StuTwo

Why would Nintendo buy out a company like Capcom? It's probably cheaper, better and makes more sense to build a long term relationship with them.

Back to the question though - I've given it some though and come up with a game I think would be perfectly suited to Switch. It's:

• A classic Sega game...
  • One of the defining games on Dreamcast...
  • Easily accessible with simple rules anyone can learn...
  • Multiplayer...
  • Not been ported to every format known to man...

...Chu Chu Rocket!

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

FragRed

@faint I thought Nintendo rejected buying Atlus which is why Sega made the deal to buy them. Could be wrong though.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

faint

@FragRed I'm pretty sure sega jumped on it immediately and everything else was rumor and speculation.

[email protected]

FragRed

@faint Well to be fair, Nintendo aren't known for splashing their money around when it comes to buying developers. They seems worryingly content on what they have.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

faint

@FragRed I agree. They are way to conservative. Mainly I just wanted to answer the previous posters question. If they had to buy a company in a realistic way I would suggest marvelous personaly.

[email protected]

mav-i-am

faint wrote:

@mav-i-am Well first of all capcom is valued at 1.5 billion. To buy a company like that first Nintendo has to buy up enough stock to be a majority holder (hostile takeover) and an ok from the Japanese government. Then they have to buy it out while keeping all of capcons contracts in place i.e. Put money into ongoing projects for other platforms. It would cost an insane amount of money assuming capcom wants a buy out. If not they can fight and cost them even more. Capcom is to big. Altus would have been a good fit but sega beat them to it.

Buy INTO is what I said.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

faint

@mav-i-am so just be stock holders? What would the get out of that? Capcoms stock fluctuates a lot and it still wouldn't mean Nintendo platforms get any more exclusives than they already do unless they became a majority holder like they did with rare. It still won't be worth it.

[email protected]

Spennymoor

I'd like to see Nintendo apply the RPG genre to more of their IP. e.g.

Kirby RPG in the style of Mario and Luigi
Star fox SRPG
Splatoon meets world ends with you gameplay

And so on

I think we've been well served with Mario RPG/adventures through recent entries in the paper Mario and Mario and luigi series. Time to give them a break in my opinion.

Spennymoor

faint

@mav-i-am for all we know Nintendo may actually have some capcom stock and that's why we keep getting monster hunter as an exclusive. Not saying that's the case but we wouldn't even know if it was.

[email protected]

mav-i-am

@faint By becoming major share holders (which may not require a large % - who knows??) you gain a voice that has to be heard, which means we are more likely to get all Capcom games on Nintendo platforms.

Switch games list,

Dokkaebi

Anything RPG really. I'm pumped about Xenoblade 2, and Octopath Travler. RPG, JRPG, SRPG, etc. Just give me an engaging story with good characters and I'm happy to empty my wallet. Also, a need for speed game would be nice.

@faint I'd be down for a breath of fire game with breath of the wild art style.

Edited on by Dokkaebi

Dokkaebi

faint

@mav-i-am the company still acts independently. Do you read Nintendo shareholders meetings. They definitely don't listen to them.

[email protected]

mav-i-am

faint wrote:

@mav-i-am the company still acts independently. Do you read Nintendo shareholders meetings. They definitely don't listen to them.

Yes I know that, which is why I said you get a voice.

Switch games list,

faint

@mav-i-am remember rare sold themselves to Microsoft while Nintendo still had a majority stock share. I doubt they wanted that.

[email protected]

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.