Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 9,841 to 9,860 of 69,981

JaxonH

Boom!!!

Switch online will only be $20-25 per year!

Now THAT I can do. I wouldn't pay no $60 but $20? To have voice chat in Nintendo games and more games with online, that alone is worth $20 a year

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

Oh thank goodness. I was worried they were going to embarrass themselves with the price. But for that I'd gladly pay if it means more online functions in more of their games.

TuVictus

mav-i-am

Operative2-0 wrote:

Oh thank goodness. I was worried they were going to embarrass themselves with the price. But for that I'd gladly pay if it means more online functions in more of their games.

3000 yen was the figure I heard, so £20ish

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

JoyBoy

JaxonH wrote:

Boom!!!

Switch online will only be $20-25 per year!

Now THAT I can do. I wouldn't pay no $60 but $20? To have voice chat in Nintendo games and more games with online, that alone is worth $20 a year

Boom indeed! Now just release monstahunta and I'll pay gladly.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Captain_Toad

@JaxonH Yikes! I didn't expect the service to be cheap! That's pocket change!

Here's the source if you can translate yen to american dollars and they mention the possibility of VR http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-says-switch-online-se...

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

JaxonH

@Captain_Toad
Tbh neither did I.

I thought they were gonna go the $60 route like everyone else, which made the 1 game a month seem egregious, but now understanding it costs far less, it all makes sense. You get less cause you're paying less

Ya I wasn't planning to sub, but for this price I don't mind. It doesn't feel like a major expense now, and I even said last gen I'd pay $20 a year just to have more games with online and voice chat... well here we are

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LzWinky

Where are the naysayers?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FGPackers

Seems fantastic price to me, i'm more happy everyday with this console! Nintendo is doing it right!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

@TheLZdragon I'm here

I agree with @JaxonH, I'm not going to loose sleep over €20, especially when (read: if) I'm probably not paying for a full year anyway. It's better than PSN or Xbox Live, but I still don't fully agree with paying for online when it's free on PC. Anyway, if Splatoon 2 is €40 over here, then I might consider subbing for a year, that still equals €60 for that game, and I think Splatoon 1 was definitely worth that price.

Also on the VR thing, remember when last year they said they had no interest in VR? Now it's suddenly being considered. While I don't think the Switch will make for a great VR device, am glad they're at least considering the option, because the entire form factor is great for VR too if the hardware was a little better. Suddenly it's not just a home console and handheld, but also a VR device.

Octane

PrincessSugoi

Honestly, I was expecting Nintendo to be the cheaper option but not THAT cheap. That's not a bad price to swallow at all.

Not even halfway through yet and this has already been a pretty awesome day for Switch news. Superbowl ad, online isn't going to break the bank, FAST RMX is running at 1080p/60fps on 4 player splitscreen using HD Rumble, and Sumo Digital devs confirmed they were able to get the Switch version of Snake Pass running in just a week.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

mjharper

@skywake There's also several triangular knick-knacks laying around in his room. And the horse head lamp, nice touch.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

rallydefault

Wow - price on the online is INCREDIBLE. If that ends up being 20-30 bucks (HALF of Live or PSN), I'm in.

Also super pumped to see them doing a Super Bowl commercial AND actually choosing the best way to go with it: ZELDA. No crazy, wonky motion controls. Dude is 20ish years old, seems to have his own place - no kids as far as the eye can see.

Finally some sound marketing decisions for the Western audience.

rallydefault

UTXGamer

Online price is reasonable though I still think they should offer free VC games for download (not just download for free for a month). I'm expecting a PS+/XBL Gold type membership to be released probably during year 2 once the VC library is built up more.

Shocked they are doing a Super Bowl ad, and even more shocked that the ad doesn't feature 1,2 Switch given the wide range of people that will be watching during that time.

Hopefully, this is a sign that Nintendo is starting to get it regarding marketing in the west. LIVE EVENTS are where the money should be spent. March Madness, NBA playoffs, etc. That's where they should be throwing marketing dollars at in the coming months after the Super Bowl.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Maxz

Can someone explain the "Karen" reference in the sub-heading of this article for me? I'm a bit dim.

Who, or what, is Karen?

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Nin10dad

Karen is the lady from the 1st Switch trailer who was playing Mario and who went viral what with memes of her being at parties with her Switch etc...@Maxz

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Maxz

@Octane @G0dlike Thank you both. I'm now super clued up on Karen. I know more than I ever thought there was to know about Karen. I could practically do a PhD on Karen.

I'm not sure what to do with my new found knowledge, but... well, it's there. Waiting to be called into action.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Maxz
I, too, just learned about Karen.

I do agree with the Polygon article that her haircut is "cute," though I typically don't go for women with short hair.

Good job, Karen.

rallydefault

LzWinky

Well I'm convinced that this won't be another "Wii U". Nintendo is pushing so much harder this gen.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

gcunit

Nothing confirmed about the online subscription fee though. All you saying this news is good should keep it to yourselves as Nintendo will likely take such a reception to mean they can charge more and people will still be ok with it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic