Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 7,901 to 7,920 of 69,954

IceClimbers

@Octane Mod support will probably be limited to in-game assets like the PS4 version.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Now the debate on Gaf seems to be whether Zelda will be a launch title or not. There's been some in-store Switch ads that have popped up recently that show Zelda on the screen. It's reused stuff from the press kits from October though.

All of the Switch stuff shown publicly so far has pointed towards it being a launch title, while Emily and Laura's sources are saying it will miss launch.

Will be interesting to see what the release date will be.

My stance: I'm going to assume that Zelda will miss launch and release in June like the rumors say until Nintendo says otherwise. Can't be disappointed that way.

TuVictus

I think Zelda is sooner rather than later. With their recent screenshot promotion going on until launch, I can't imagine they'll wanna do that for longer than past summer. I certainly hope its a launch title, though. But a summer release can also be viable

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

rallydefault

Not sure how I feel about Zelda at launch. If the Switch launches with the 3D Mario game, I think Zelda could wait for a few months (just my personal opinion). I guess I'm scared of Nintendo "blowing" all of their big games on launch, and then nothing remarkable until Holiday or, <gulp>, even later. "Saving" Zelda until the summer or even Fall would be a fantastic way of keeping the launch calendar nice and healthy.

The other thing: Overwatch. I've poured a few dozen hours into it on PC, and I agree that the art direction is very Nintendo in some ways and would probably look right at home on a Nintendo system, but my worry is: Who the heck is going to buy it? It's already been out on PC/Xbox/PS and has sold ridiculous numbers; where is the big market segment that is going to purchase yet another copy of the game after they've already put so much time in on a different system?

rallydefault

skywake

I agree that it's probably a bit too late for GTA5. But Overwatch isn't that old and is still a very active game. I can see some people picking that game up for the Switch if they had skipped it. Especially if Nintendo can get some Nintendo themed maps and character skins. It's been basically all I've played for 2016....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

Nintendo skins would be a great incentive, I think. Small, but doable. I think since the game is still relatively new and looks to have long legs, a late port won't seem as weird as something like gtav or mass effect 3

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Laura is saying that Grant Kirkhope will be the composer for the Mario Rabbids RPG.

IceClimbers

Could you imagine the reactions online if the Switch got timed exclusivity on the standalone release of Modern Warfare Remastered?

I mean, it'll never happen due to the CoD deal with Sony, but man would it be glorious.

skywake

@Whitewatermoose
Well Valve are selling a "Valve complete pack" on Steam for $20US ATM. So if we're going for the full fantasy scenario why limit it to those games? Why not have those games you mentioned and the original Orange Box in the same package? Probably just as (un)likely as what you theorised. Cool if it did happen but.

Edited on by skywake

OorWullie

Just say all these current rumours are true and also that Zelda launches in March.We could have

Mario 3D
Zelda
Mario x Rabbids
3rd party exclusive
Skyrim
GTAV
Overwatch
Assasins Creed
Yooka Laylee

and more all there for launch.That's not including Fifa,NBA and possibly Splatoon and MK8 ports/remasters.That's a crazy line up.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Pazzo-TheFool

Portal 3 Switch exclusive will never happen, but I'd cry NaCl2 for science if it did.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

skywake

Ersatz wrote:

Portal 3 Switch exclusive will never happen, but I'd cry NaCl2 for science if it did.

Yeah, that's not going to happen for multiple reasons. Firstly because Valve already have a platform and they're not going to have their game release somewhere else exclusively. Also, excluding a VR tech demo thing, the last game Valve made was a few years ago. They don't seem that interested in making games anymore. Lastly we all know that Valve can't count to three.

But a "Valve Collection" for XBOne, PS4 and Switch? I could see that happening.

Edited on by skywake

That-crazy-guy

@skywake They could do a timed exclusive as that's as far as they would likely go for exclusivity. But yeah odds are it would never happen.

That-crazy-guy

DB-S_RE

No rumor regarding what game line up Bandai Namco have for switch yet? By the way, it will be cool to play GTA5 on the go

DB-S_RE

Buizel

@DB-S_RE I can't think of any immediately obvious choices for a Bandai Namco game. I'd like to think they'd give us Tekken 7, given their partnership with Nintendo in Pokken and Smash Bros. Other than that there's Tales of Berseria (the Tales games have never really been multiplatform with the exception of recent PC versions, so could happen I guess) and a bunch of licensed games (perhaps the Switch may replace the Vita for these). But no rumours, it seems.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie I don't think the bottom 4 are launch according to the rumours/leaks, especially Assassin's Creed and Yooka Laylee (the former hasn't even been announced as existing yet as that's holiday 2017 at the earliest unless we're talking potential of old ports and the latter doesn't even release until April).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Whitewatermoose I think it would be a good choice. Fighters don't tend to require graphical complexity so I imagine they could get it running at 60 fps on the switch quite easily. And pick up and play muktiplayer with the joy cons would be a great selling point.

Wii U did get a Tekken game, after all.

Aaaah, with so much speculation over what could be with 3rd party support, I'm bound to be disappointed.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

IceClimbers

Tekken 7 does happen to run on UE4.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic