Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,521 to 6,540 of 69,950

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose Skylanders will definitely be on the Switch just like LEGO Dimensions but Spiderman is a definite no with the next game being developed exclusively for the PS4. Beyond Good & Evil 2 may come to the Switch but it all depends on how true the rumours are.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Azooooz

I don't like where this is going with those rumours. It may somehow effect the momentum of the Nintendo Switch more negatively than they do positively. Like the console's RAM or GPU performance, or worse, game line-up. Let's hope that Nintendo clarifies more things in January 12th.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MrGawain

I get the feeling Nintendo is being cautious with announcing its launch lineup because 90% of 3rd party games get delayed these days.

I think if Nintendo can secure Zelda, a couple of updated Wii U ports, another new Nintendo game, something exclusive (and exciting) from 3rd party, and a half dozen relatively new 3rd party multiplats, then they've got a reasonable lineup.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

WebHead

@MrGawain yeah i'm expecting the first party launch day games to be MK8 port, zelda, and a new concept game of some sort.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Farmboy74

I think Nintendo need to be flexible with the release schedule, I would like to see a steady stream of games. But if any of the third party games get delayed will they have anything ready to plug the gap and avoid Wii U style draughts?

Farmboy74

FragRed

To be honest I doubt Nintendo has learnt that much from the Wii U droughts. Especially if they are relying on third party support to fill the gaps between first party releases.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

@FragRed
I think we should save the talk about what Nintendo has and hasn't "learnt" from the Wii U for a bit. Especially in regards to software lineup which is the one thing we still basically know nothing about. There's only a small handful of retail releases that are confirmed for the Switch. A bit more if you include indie games and games that are simply said to be in the works. But even then it's not a lot.

But the early signs are good IMO. In the first full year the big Nintendo published games were Wind Waker HD, Lego City, New SMB U, The Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 and 3D World. So far for the Switch we know Breath of the Wild and A 3D Mario are in the works and we've seen new versions of Splatoon and Mario Kart running. I'd argue that just those four already make it more interesting than the Wii U was in the first year. The question then is, what are Retro doing? What are Tantulus doing? This has the potential to become a pretty compelling library very quickly.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

Let's not forget Bandai Namco, who is said to be working on at least 5 games for Switch, one of which is a Smash port. The other 4 could be any of the following really: Tales of Berseria, Tekken 7, a Pokken port, a Digimon game, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Hell, there may even be a Project X Zone 3 in the works for all we know.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Azooooz

@FragRed The system hasn't been released yet, and you say Nintendo didn't learn from Wii U's mistake? Boy, you are way ahead of yourself, aren't you? You may say that again after 6 months of the console release if it's failing.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Buizel

MrGawain wrote:

I think if Nintendo can secure Zelda, a couple of updated Wii U ports, another new Nintendo game, something exclusive (and exciting) from 3rd party, and a half dozen relatively new 3rd party multiplats, then they've got a reasonable lineup.

Reasonable? To me that sounds like the best launch lineup any console has had for a couple of generations.

I'm feeling quite optimistic about the launch (or near-launch) lineup. We've not really had anything big for the Wii U in months, and 3DS releases have fizzled out a bit. Add to that the fact that Nintendo haven't really announced much this year. It's therefore pretty reasonable to assume that there's been a lot of behind-the-scenes work on unannounced Switch titles.

At least 2'8".

Octane

Farmboy74 wrote:

I think Nintendo need to be flexible with the release schedule, I would like to see a steady stream of games. But if any of the third party games get delayed will they have anything ready to plug the gap and avoid Wii U style draughts?

The thing is that if you have strong third party support, droughts won't happen, even if some first and third party games are delayed. Even if they combine their handheld and home console departments, I don't see the output double that easily. A game for the Switch requires a lot more work than a game for the 3DS. So they need third party support to fill in the gaps anyway; I don't think Nintendo themselves have an awful lot to play around with. At this point, I can imagine that they have some games practically ready to be released, since they pulled a lot of resources from both the Wii U and 3DS, but what happens if those games are all released? They still can't support a console on its own, that requires a company much much larger than Nintendo.

Octane

StahMan

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If you start googling nx and rumors you will find old rumors about the following games coming to Switch.

• Destiny, skylanders, cod: bloodlines
  • shadow of Mordor 2
  • resident evil
  • borderlands
  • Namco games
  • beyond good and evil 2
  • dragon quest builders
  • Spiderman
  • metal gear rising, what if they add bayonetta to Switch version?

It is obvious not all these are true. But some make sense.

all the games that should have been on wiiu

Keep it real peeps

Octane

@Whitewatermoose MGR is a four-year-old game by the time the Switch releases. Don't see the need for a port of that game. They can't retroactively port every game to the Switch that Nintendo consoles missed out on. They need to focus on the games that are coming out in 2017, get those on board. The last thing you want is that people perceive the Switch as a port and remaster system. Unique and new games are way more important IMO.

Octane

TuVictus

I'd prefer new games. Cuz old ports aren't going to sell, and when they don't, the publishers will use those sales as an excuse to not port newer games. Thus, wii u again.

TuVictus

ProjectX1991

I know I've said it before, but I really hope the (apparently) held off Animal Crossing WiiU will be a launch title for the Switch. Surely it's one of the main franchises to best show case the play at home and on the go element?

Haven't a lot of Animal Cross models etc been HD-afied too? Surely it's a launch year title?

I hope that we have some great new games instead of ports from other develops and Nintendo too. The Switch needs a strong start and the faith needs to be restored (and maintained) throughout the lifetime of the Switch.

ProjectX1991

Buizel

@AlternateButtons I don't really see Destiny coming to Switch to be honest. I would imagine that the vast majority of people interested in it already have it, and as an always-online game it wouldn't benefit too much from the added portability. However, who knows?

@ProjectX1991 Animal Crossing for the Switch launch would be a pleasant surprise. TBH, I never saw much of a case for Animal Crossing on the Wii U (save maybe for some advanced online features), considering that Animal Crossing already works so well on the 3DS. But to have the handheld version double as the home version? Seems ideal.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

TuVictus

You bring up a very good point. Any games that rely on being always online are just impossible. Considering they're touting portability, it wouldn't make sense for developers of such games to port over. So no games like destiny or final fantasy 14. That's a shame.

TuVictus

gcunit

@Operative While I personally couldn't give two hoots about always online games, what's the difference between Destiny on a PS4 and Destiny on Switch? Neither of them can be played portably (assuming Switch lacks mobile data), so it's no reason not to release on Switch.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TuVictus

@gcunit while true, when the console is shown as being mainly portable, anyone who buys it for that reason might not care for games that wouldn't be able to play the games while portable. Which would probably dissuade many publishers from putting such games on it. I could obviously be wrong, but I don't see it happening as they're showing it now

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic