Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,881 to 5,900 of 69,991

veeflames

If I take the Switch out it'll be hooked to my power bank if the battery is low or about to die. I'm good.
Speaking of which, do we have any idea what kind of charger port the Switch will have? All of Nintendo's handheld systems after the DSi had the same port, so will it be the same with the Switch? If not, then I'm probably have to invest in a travel cable for the system. Shouldn't break my wallet, hopefully.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MarcelRguez

@Vee_Flames I should have specified that I meant to say if they'll stick around as they are. They are pretty primitive as player avatars. Even X360's avatars are more customizable than current-gen Miis. Maybe they'll integrate Miitomo's degree of customization (clothes, voices, personality) into the Switch's Miis?

And that right stick is absolutely perfect where it is, especially for Nintendo consoles. Not a lot of FPSs in them. Asymmetrical sticks > both sticks up > both sticks down

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

So I just saw a neat idea on Gaf. What if you could use battery pack Joy-Cons to charge the tablet while using the Pro Controller?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers That would mean it could take a charge via the side ports...but goven thats where the joy-cons rest...they have to charge somewhere right? That could work both ways

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nicolai

@andrew20: I've said this already but I'll say this again: I don't think there will be a separate charger for the dock and the console; it makes sense to have them both be the same charger, and to probably only include one in the box, another sold separately. That will help them hit their price point.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

veeflames

@MarcelRguez All FPS games need are twin sticks. I don't think their placement affects how they play out in a FPS game... and besides, there's more to twin sticks than FPS games; for example, they worked perfectly in Splatoon (non-FPS game) and they did their job in Smash (non-traditional fighting game; in other words, a non-FPS game).
But I guess it's all opinions and subjectivity at this point. Let it not be said that I hate asymmetrical sticks!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TOUGHDUDE94

@Nicolai The dock in my mind uses a figure 8 power cable(like ps4)
the tablet uses USB Type-c
The only other way is if they used NUSB(current format that is what I call it)

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

iKhan

To be completely fair, Bioware didn't say no to NX. They just didn't say yes and reiterated what is known.

If the Switch flies off shelves, I don't see why they wouldn't support it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Shinion

@iKhan I mean, I think it's more up to the publisher rather than the developer as to what platforms get supported is it not? At the very least for 'AAA' games. For Bioware, I'm pretty sure EA will be calling the shots, they're on that picture though I would not expect anything more than FIFA/Madden and maaaaybe a very late port of Garden Warfare 2 (damn good game guys I highly recommend it). As you say the key thing will be how well this sells, if Nintendo do a good job of selling the idea of playing console games on the go and initial 3rd party games sell well it could happen. I'd be surprised if Mass Effect Andro-whatever I'm not a fan of the series so I'm not sure what it's called- gets a version on the Switch and I'd be very, very surprised if "coming on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch" becomes the norm for multi platform games but it'd be nice and I certainly wouldn't rule it out at this stage.

Shinion

Faruko

I dont think the problem is EA not supporting the switch, but its more like the game is coming in like 5 months

i doubt Bioware would have time to add an extra port in such little time, and considering while the arch are kinda comparable, they are still different and they would need time to port it

So yeah, i dont expect games coming around the time of the switch being avalaible on it

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

TOUGHDUDE94

@Vee_Flames I hope they use USB type c

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Faruko

Unreleased software that still has like half a year to develop, if cliping and glitching is the only thing that is wrong with it tham daaaamn thats good

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

IceClimbers

The Mario footage clipped off the screen itself. That's just something that was missed in the editing of the video.

Haruki_NLI

Here's a thought. Switch may have a form of trophies and achievements.

Know what it is? MyNintendo Missions.

Encourages not just purchases for points, but you get points from acheivements especially since just logging in Wii U or 3DS to Miiverse or eShop is recognised instantly on a system MyNintendo was practically shoehorned onto

Imagine what its like on Switch. You know...the thing it was built for.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

I think that the Switch and it's Joy-Cons provide a huge opportunity for local multiplayer indie games. It's absolutely perfect for that.

Bluefiregamer

The youtube video for Nintendo Switch has over 15 million views now. If everyone who watched the official channel reveal boughtr the system, it would be more sales than Wii U already. The number keeps going up to so thats a good sign.

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

JaxonH

I heard the rumor of 3 hour battery life, but I believe that was stemming from the development kit right?

I imagine the actual product itself will have twice that, or at a minimum 3-5 hours running full tilt with brightness cranked up to max and a proc-intensive AAA game. And if they sell extended batteries like they did with Wii U I am All. Over. That. Best $40 I ever spent was upgrading the Wii U pad to 8 hours lifespan. And I'll gladly pay another 40 if it means boosting a good three hours to Switch's playtime

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

A rumour/observation/theory on how the unit connects to the dock:
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-how-nintendo-ens...

Untitled

My theory about this? I think the blue connectors illustrated here are guides for the docking mechanism. I think the green port is a proprietary docking connector for HDMI and all the other bits of I/O. And the red port? I'm going to be boring and say that's micro-USB. It could also be some sort of proprietary charge connector like the 3DS has.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic