Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,621 to 49,640 of 69,981

Solaine

@NintendoByNature Oh alright, you still interested in it after the gacha system and microtransactions though? Just curious cause it really is a no go for me, i was kinda interested in it for a while too until i heard that its free with microtransactions, graphics and world looked great but well... i might try it when its released since its free anyways, but i dont expect a lot

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Ralizah

As soon as I hear something is F2P, my interest drops to zero. There's ALWAYS going to be a catch when it comes to how money is made, and, more often than not, that catch is detrimental to the game design.

Put together a proper game and just charge me money for it, please.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Solaine

My thoughts exactly, i wouldnt even mind spending a bit as long as i know i don't have to buy anymore stuff in game later

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

NintendoByNature

@Solaine let's put it this way. I will " take a look" when its out, but 9/10 times if something is f2p I rarely if at all will play it. Not to be an old man, but back in my day... we paid to have a game lol. In all seriousness, my in hype usually goes down once I hear that something is f2p. I played 1 round In Ninjala. If I paid for it, I invest the time. Not sure if its the games themselves that don't pull me in, or just how ive been doing it since I was little. I have zero ties to a game I didn't invest in.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Kickstarter is back online, and wow. You guys should really check out the page for Eiyuden Chronicles. The music samples are killer. The gameplay shown looks like Octopath Traveler but even better, especially the rad boss fights. The sprites are amazing. They say it was Octopath Traveler’s success that drove them to create the game, as it demonstrated fans’ desire for classic JRPGs with modern flourishes and additions.

Sprites
Untitled

Music

The best part, is these guys are total OG nerds, and are good friends with Igarashi (of Bloodstained and Castlevania fame), and used to work together back in the day. They even have Iga in their pitch video skit playing the boss lol. I think talking to Iga, and learning the pitfalls of Switch development from his first hand account, but also learning how well Bloodstained on Switch performed, I think that has affected their viewpoints. And lines up with what they said. I think this is a perfect case where the strong sales of Bloodstained and Octopath have directly resulted in this game targeting Nintendo (planned for Switch 2 but said they’ll bring to Switch instead if the successor isn’t announced by then).

edit
It’s official! The game already broke through not only the $500k for PC, but the 1 MILLION DOLLARS stretch goal for Switch 2, and in just half a day. Eiyuden Chronicles will come to Switch 2! (or Switch, if Nintendo hasn’t announced it by October 2022, which let’s be honest, will probably be delayed until summer 2023 as games always take a bit longer, and by then Switch 2 should probably be announced). Let’s celebrate the first official game coming to the successor!

@NEStalgia
Lol you kill me with the stuff you write sometimes 😂

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH I just came here to post that. This game looks insanely good, taking cues from what worked and what didn't with Octopath Traveler. Between that and the team behind it, I'm stoked to see this game become a reality.

And I think the decision to wait for the Switch's successor to target hardware where it can run well is a good decision on their part. I don't see any reason that mobile hardware that's 5-7 years newer than the Switch wouldn't be able to run this game without issue at a decent framerate and resolution. It's certainly gorgeous, but it's not pushing boundaries in terms of raw computing power. I'm sure if it was being developed solely for Switch they could pull it off, but in this case, better to target the successor.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that the combination of this, Bomb Rush Cyberpunk, and Balen Wonderworld have me excited in a way I haven't been since the announcements of Bloodstained, Mighty No 9, Yooka-Laylee and Freedom Planet. Whiiich we know how that turned out. (and even with 3/4 having disasters at launch, only Mighty No 9 remains trash, and we ended up with Azure Striker Gunvolt instead so...) But still, I'm feeling really positive about these three, even after being wary of Spiritual Successors for awhile.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Next Nintendo news is more Origami King:

An Origami King theme is coming to Tetris 99.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Been playing Dungeon of the Endless this evening. What a heartbreaking experience stability wise. Three hard crashes to the Switch dashboard in less than an hour of playing the game. It's a shame, the game's spin on the tower defense genre is interesting, but a more proper title for the game would've been Crashes of the Endless.

I suppose I'll move on to something else while waiting for the patch that was mentioned months ago.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I have my Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Tetris themes. Don’t really care about this one because the music theme they chose isn’t that great. The only one I wish I had that I don’t, is the Splatoon one, I don’t play it nearly often enough to get the required coins to buy the theme.

@link3710
We’ve had some great spiritual successors. Bloodstained for sure, that’s basically as good as having Castlevania. Eiyuden Chronicles looks even better than Suikoden. Bug Fables wasn’t as good as Paper Mario, but still scratched the itch for the old formula (environments weren’t great and needed a crisper art style), Cross Code as a throwback RPG, Ion Fury as a throwback FPS, Hollow Knight and Axiom Verge (and soon Hollow Knight Silksong and Axiom Verge 2j as Metroidvania spiritual successors, Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Azure Striker Gunvolt as semi-Mega Man spiritual successors (Mega Man 11 took the cake though), Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair as a DKC spiritual successor...

I gotta say though. Bloodstained and Eiyuden Chronicles seem like the choicest of the choice. These are the kinds of games that keep me pledging.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Yeah, I'll be getting this like all of the other themes.

@JaxonH Aww, I rather like the battle theme in TOK. It works well here.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It’s ok (works well in Paper Mario, at least) but the Fire Emblem theme is just so good by comparison, I struggle to think I’d ever use this one instead. Maybe it goes well with the heat of Tetris battle. We’ll see. Might scoop it up just in case. What really makes the themes for me though is the victory tune. And I didn’t really like what I heard of this one. Fire Emblem has Beneath the Banner, one of my all time faves of the series. Even Xenoblade falls short of the FE Tetris theme.

I just really want that Splatoon 2 theme. Can’t believe I missed it. I just got two more tickets an hour ago though so I’m up to 14 now. Maybe I will be able to snatch 30 eventually. There’s really no others that catch my eye. Gameboy theme is cool, but I’d only grab that if I had tons of spare tickets, which I don’t. The music for the Splatoon 2 theme is rad as heck, and perfect Tetris battle music. Blub blub blub blub I hope it does the death sound when you KO someone 😁

Ralizah

@JaxonH I enjoy most of my themes, but I keep going back to the Game Boy one. It's incredibly nostalgic, and it's one of the most interesting and aesthetically transformative ones I've unlocked.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
If I ever get 60 tickets I’ll be sure to grab GB theme also!

Actually had a ton of fun playing on the Lite tonight. Discovered how to make the blocks snap into place instantly with Up. I regret to inform you I did not know you could do that... in all... the hours... I played

BruceCM

Finally! I was able to back Eiyuden Chronicles ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

@JaxonH I've not really played Tetris 99 - what do you need to do to earn the tickets?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
When you fire up the game, it'll have 4 goals to earn tickets scrolling across the top of the screen. One might be "clear 30 lines vs CPU" while another is "clear 10 lines in online" or "clear 50 lines in Marathon mode".

They're time based challenges I think and change every X amount of days (I just know I see different ones every time I play). Each one earns a ticket. 15 or 30 tickets can buy themes, depending which one it is.

gcunit

@JaxonH That's interesting to know, thanks. I'm not really into Tetris at the best of times, but when they started releasing the limited themes and I heard I was missing out on them I started disregarding the game even more because I thought there was no way for me to retroactively access these cool sounding themes. But if I can earn them anytime then I might be tempted to have a go.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Don

@Grumblevolcano
Meh. At this point we should use reverse psychology on Nintendo and beg them not to air a general Direct or announce a new game anytime soon.

Don

Ralizah

@JaxonH lol No wonder you haven't been hot on Tetris 99. I'm not sure how you'd even score well on a game without slamming bricks down, considering how heated the defensive gameplay gets.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic