Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,521 to 49,540 of 69,964

Haruki_NLI

Well there goes another Switch third party exclusive to other platforms randomly. Never a mention of it being timed, or in work for other platforms. They said specifically for this platform, we made you wait for it, and now its off elsewhere.

Just waiting for Octopath to jump to Xbox and PS4 too. No More Heroes 3 perhaps? Hell maybe Astral Chain since Platinum wrangled Wonderful 101 out. Daemon X Machina already jumped.

2020 is the year where the Switch just gets absolutely battered it seems. Oh well.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BruceCM

Weird 'exclusive' that launched on PS4 & has been on Steam for awhile .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

@Haruki_NLI Is that like... a bad thing? More people get to play the games then. And it's not like it's not true in reverse too. Switch got all the formerly exclusive from Sony like Final Fantasies, Catherine, Crash Trilogy, The Persistence, SMT III: Nocturne, Dragon Quest Buiilders, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory, Dragon Quest XI, God Eater 3, Ys VIII, The Last Remnant Remastered, Risk of Rain and probably more. I am pretty sure the Switch is better off for all this after all, no?

Also, what exclusive just jumped?

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 Dragon Quest 11 S (So the title makes...no sense) is now going to Steam, Windows 10, Xbox One and PS4

BruceCM

DQ XI S, @link3710 .... Of course, the game launched on PS4, then boasted some extras for Switch release & now PS & Steam versions get the extras, while the whole thing comes to XBox & GamePass Dunno if there's many people who really want it there or not, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

link3710

@Haruki_NLI So... you're upset that the extra content for a multiplatform game is now going back out to the consoles the game was already on?

EDIT: Also, W101 was on a previous console and a flop, while Astral Chain is current gen and a success. Do you really think Nintendo will let it go that easily?

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

The Xbox stream announced The Outer Worlds is getting 2 story DLC expansions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 Given Nintendo published Daemon x Machina, OCtopath, DQ11S, WOnderful 101, Travis Strikes Again....probably.

OorWullie

Image & Form's new game The Gunk, took me by surprise. It's an enormous step up from their previous games. Hopefully it'll come to Switch.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Ralizah

I now have to retroactively un-enjoy my time with DQXI S because other people will be getting access to this version of the game. Damn!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

BruceCM

Let us know what they say, then, @OorWullie ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Why would anyone care.

We got the game. Its the only hybrid version. People already had the game on PS4 and Steam. How many people are left who didnt buy the game on PS4, didn't buy the game on Steam, didnt buy the expanded version on Switch with the hybrid advantage?

The game has run its course. The Switch version continues to have appeal though because it's exclusively hybrid. If a few stragglers who didnt buy the game yet suddenly want to grab it somewhere else years after the fact, let them.

Its not hurting Switch in any significant way. And frankly, after Sony lost half its exclusives to Switch and Steam (WAY more than the other way around), from Trails of Cold Steel to Ys to Hyperdimension Neptunia to Final Fantasy up the wazoo, SMT3, Catherine, Persona 5 Scramble, Atelier series, Blazblue, Digimon, DQ Builders series, DQ Heroes series, God Eater 3, Lumines, Ni No Kuni, Saga Scarlet Grace, Star Ocean, Trials of Mana, Valkyroa Chronicles series, etc, I say fair trade. Not to mention Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Detroit Become Human, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Nioh, Persona 4 Golden and even more to come releasing on Steam. Their exclusive portfolio is a shadow of what it once was, and we're all better off for it.

Let people buy games where they want. I dont just buy games on Switch because I have no other choice, I do so because hybrid play and gyro aiming results in the most desirable experience. And in cases where games are severely downgraded I WANT to be able to play on Steam also. Release every single on every platform. The closer we get to that the better.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Yeah, most of us are joking, @JaxonH .... I'm not sure Sony counts Steam as competition the same way & obviously those games were only on their systems for long enough, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

rallydefault

Yea, that's weird, why does the DQ thing matter? Everybody likes to say how Switch getting ports a year or more later renders the ports pointless, but when the shoe's on the other foot it matters greatly? I don't understand.

rallydefault

BruceCM

One person seemed to be seriously complaining about it, the rest of us were JOKING ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic