Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,501 to 49,520 of 69,981

AndyD

So I booted up Dead Cells last night. I hadn't really played it much since I got it a while back. I have been playing Minecraft Dungeons and other similar games recently. I found myself making some good head way in the game. I think my button reflexes and "training" are beginning to kick in. :'D Seriously though, it is a very enjoyable game. Any idea how long it would take to run the whole thing?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Tangerine

@link3710 Ah, well I can see that the game isn't sold out I was interested in the special edition stuff. Nevermind!

Tangerine

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if SMTV is published by Nintendo, worldwide simultaneous release is so not Atlus-like.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

rallydefault wrote:

If Star Wars isn't the best teaching tool, I don't know what is.

Yes. It taught us all that - no matter how badass someone looks, sounds and acts... if you dig even a little into their backstory you’ll find they’re just a whiny little kid. If ever there was a lesson for our age Lucas nailed it.

Also Star Wars taught us the great unheeded lesson “it doesn’t matter how great your first two films are every franchise will turn to garbage eventually”.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

BruceCM

Heh, maybe, @Grumblevolcano ... That game was promised a long time ago, so I can imagine they might have wanted to make sure it released WW SMT has enough following around the world, I think

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

SMTs following is a hard one to judge. Persona is bigger and I remember the first week 5 cane out it went straight to number one in the charts and the next week it completely disappeared as they underestimated how popular it would be and didn’t make enough copies to sell.

I could see them grossly over or under estimating SMT popularity.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I think Atlus is just learning. I guess it's possible, they did have the SMTIV promotion for $30 Back if you bought Fire Emblem Awakening in 2013, which was obviously coordinated with Nintendo. But I honestly just think Atlus is trying to modernize for their bigger budget games. I imagine global releases do better than games released in one region, then year(s) later released in another (cough cough, Yokai Watch 4, which may never even release in the west now, but had they done a global release I guarantee the western sales would have been robust)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Losermagnet

@Ralizah I was not familiar with horseshoe theory. Glad to know there are others that don't like the extremism.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

AndyD

I’m just hoping in the next 4 weeks I can find a switch or switch lite that is not price gouged. These prices online right now are ridiculous.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Probably. Nintendo has published a few other high-profile third party JRPGs this gen as well, and the game has been given marquee treatment in prominent Nintendo events.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

StuTwo wrote:

Yes. It taught us all that - no matter how badass someone looks, sounds and acts... if you dig even a little into their backstory you’ll find they’re just a whiny little kid.

Lol the lesson there is you don't always need to go into the backstory of everything. Leave some things up to the imagination.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

I agree with that. But I think Star Wars is an exception. It was scripted to have movies made for the backstory from the beginning. And frankly, I think the story itself was actually pretty good. It was the bad acting, goof characters and over-reliance on CGI in an era where it was the hot new thing.

Btw, thank goodness SMT3 has a “merciful” mode included. Cause SMT4 kicked my butt hard. I was less experienced then as well but there’s no doubt it was a tough game, in a tough series. That easier difficulty is pure gold. I’m confident the new game will have something similar as well. Though I may not use it for SMT5 if I can find my bearings with SMT3 first.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

Wow, people really took me literally about my Star Wars post yesterday. I was just having a bit of fun lol

rallydefault

jump

I like Star Wars. It has little bears and princesses in it. It's like a Star Trek version of Brave.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Aozz101x

im kinda surprise that no one has posted this here.
splatfests are making a comeback starting August 21, 2020. (rotating)

looks like there adding more by March of Next Year.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Good thing I've got a huge backlog at this point. They really are just riding on older games.

Which to be fair, would prevent any new stuff being overshadowed by new systems, and the Switch can sail through the holiday.

On the other hand....yikes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

NSO subscribers get Pokken DX free trial between July 29th and August 11th. Nintendo really is bringing back the 2017 games this year:

• 1-2-Switch -> Nothing so far
  • Snipperclips -> Nothing so far
  • BotW -> BotW 2 was announced last year
  • MK8 Deluxe -> Weekly tournaments to win Gold points
  • ARMS -> Free trial between March 26th and April 6th, Min Min in Smash
  • Splatoon 2 -> Splatfests in May, August and 2 more before March 2021
  • Mario + Rabbids -> Nothing so far
  • Pokken DX -> Free trial between July 29th and August 11th
  • FE Warriors -> Nothing so far
  • Mario Odyssey -> Nothing so far
  • XC2 -> XCDE released in May

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NSO subscribers get Pokken DX free trial between July 29th and August 11th. Nintendo really is bringing back the 2017 games this year:

• 1-2-Switch -> Nothing so far
  • Snipperclips -> Nothing so far
  • BotW -> BotW 2 was announced last year
  • MK8 Deluxe -> Weekly tournaments to win Gold points
  • ARMS -> Free trial between March 26th and April 6th, Min Min in Smash
  • Splatoon 2 -> Splatfests in May, August and 2 more before March 2021
  • Mario + Rabbids -> Nothing so far
  • Pokken DX -> Free trial between July 29th and August 11th
  • FE Warriors -> Nothing so far
  • Mario Odyssey -> Nothing so far
  • XC2 -> XCDE released in May

Seems more like an attempt to get people to sign up to online then something to do with the 2017 games.

Nicolai wrote:

Tangerine

I hope Cadance of Hyrule is getting a UK physical release.

Tangerine

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic