Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,441 to 49,460 of 69,989

AndyD

Has anyone heard an update on the supply of switches or switch lites? I need one for my son for his b-day coming up in August. That is all he has talked about is getting his own switch or switch lite...and of course they are all out everywhere around here. Unfortunately, I am not paying the HIGH prices on eBay and amazon right now.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

link3710

@AndyD Manufacturing has been back up to full capacity since May. Nintendo is playing catch up now, flooding the market as best they can. They claimed to have it back on shelves by the end of summer.

link3710

Azooooz

@NintendoByNature I fully understand that, but it's unnecessary to be angry when it was already stated before hand that it's about third party games and it's going to be short. To put a list of unrealistic expectation even knowing what's going to be shown is terribly annoying. I'm not defending Nintendo, but sometimes that its fans are spoiled too much. There are existing games that they haven't tried yet, they need to look for it.

@Grumblevolcano COVID-19 is still going, and no one knows for sure when will it end. Nintendo is being conservative of their plans of game releases. Hopefully 2021 won't bring disasters like 2020 did so far that impacted a lot of companies. Besides, I think I'm fully contented with games released so far, and there are still games that I haven't finished yet.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NintendoByNature

@Azooooz honestly I think alot of people were already disappointed going into the direct with the way it was labeled as "partnership showcase." I get your point of people having unrealistic expectations and how silly it can be, but alot of people just want some 1st party stuff. Even 1 or 2 games for the rest of 2020 and we don't know or have that yet, which is where alot of the hype stems from when a "mini direct" gets announced. People cling to any hope that THIS is the time we'll hear about the mario collection, or some rad 3rd party announcement. When neither of those happen, people get angry. And I get it. Ive been playing a boat load of genres I never have before 2020 just to fill the gaps for me. Thankfully, I'm loving it, but not everyone else will do that. So if you're not an rpg fan, or a life sim fan( Animal Crossing), you're pretty much dead in the water for 2020 thus far.

NintendoByNature

Haruki_NLI

I think people were largely okay with the third party show...it's just it's not for 2020, and two of them were ads with no new info, except Rogue Company that by the way is out now but that wasn't in the show for...some reason.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Azooooz
The disappointment didnt come from the Direct, it came from the announcement of the Direct. And again, it's not the content thats the issue, but the distinct lack of content moving forward.

It's like a person dying of thirst in the desert, and the water vendor pulls up and says hey, got some cool shirts and hats for sale!

"But, they're good shirts and hats! They told us beforehand all they were selling were shirts and hats!"

That's not the issue. The half dozen shirts and hats they showed off were just fine. The issue is the audacity to come strolling in with shirts and hats while we're dying of thirst.

There are zero first party games confirmed for the rest of the year. We dont even know what's coming next. That' unacceptable.

Nobody had "unrealistic expectations". The expectations are that, when you have zero games in the lineup, with only 4 more months of prime release real estate left in the year, you actually announce something more than a 10 minute 3rd party micro-direct for already announced games. Is that "unrealistic" to expect? Is expecting a Wii U port or two for the remainder of 2020 "unrealistic"? I'd say that's having extremely reserved expectations, if anything.

The expectation is that we get something, ANYTHING, announced from Nintendo. Not in this specific presentation because they told us beforehand. But in a different presentation. One that actually gives us SOMETHING to look forward to.

And that is the problem right there. Announcing these bogus micro-presentations with scraps while we have zero 1st party games in the lineup to look forward to (and frankly, very little 3rd party as well).

It's been over 400 days since the last full Direct that wasnt a mini, micro or focused on a single game. They've announced so little that we've gradually caught up to all their announcements and are now treading water with nothing in the pipeline. We have Pokemon Snap and Bravely Default 2, with no release date or even confirmation of whether they're coming this year at all (BD is starting to look like a 2021 release). And that's it. So people are naturally frustrated when they wait and wait and wait for announcements to see what's in store and, twice in a row, we get Bakugan and a 10 minute micro for previously announced 3rd party titles.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
They'll certainly make announcements soon... then again I've been saying that for months. But there are some insiders who were expecting Nintendo today to reveal the goods and are shocked they didnt, and expect them to come in a separate Direct soon.

And that's fine. I mean, they have to make announcements eventually. But the problem is fans dont like this approach. This "leave everyone in the dark and give them nothing to look forward to until the last second when announcing a single game a few weeks before release" approach hasn't been well received.

And I get the while C19 thing but, most other companies are managing just fine. And Nintendo continues to say their releases are on schedule so... why not announce them. Heck, push the date back a month or two just in case. Or reveal and only provide a general window for release (what they usually do anyways).

Point being, the games will eventually be announced, but there's no denying its an exercise in frustration for fans. And until the lineup is established people wont be very receptive to the drip feed announcements.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Azooooz

@JaxonH While I totally comprehend what you said, it's just that Nintendo knew that there will be expectations before the direct, so they stated what it's going to be shown. It's a Direct Mini showcasing previously announced 3rd-party games that's going to be about 10 minutes or less. They didn't get out of their concept, but there are people who want to get their hopes high and end up disappointed. Again, let me reaffirm that I don't defend Nintendo for everything they do, but some of their fans are either ignorant or intentionally idiots.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

@Azooooz
If anyone was expecting more from this specific direct, Idk what to say (then again, would it have been too much to ask to get an update on DOOM Eternal, or Bravely Default 2?). But that's not where most of the disappointment is coming from, imo. Maybe theres some out there but I havent seen it. The frustration is in announcing that direct in the first place, rather than what fans have been waiting on for 400+ days: a proper Direct. Especially now that we have no 1st party games left in the year to look forward to. They didnt give us one single full Direct all year, from e3 2019 to now. And with no e3 this year, it's just become really frustrating. Even just a twitter announcement of a Wii U port would be welcome at this point.

Edited on by JaxonH

TheFrenchiestFry

The Direct itself was pretty unremarkable as I expected, and I'm a bit puzzled DOOM Eternal didn't make any appearance given what Marty Stratton had been saying on the game's progress. However, SMT III being remastered and SMT V getting a simultaneous worldwide launch next year made the entire presentation for me

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

link3710

@NintendoByNature If people would accept that the Mario Collection is fake, that'd solve a lot of those disappointments. Because as long as they're waiting for something that probably doesn't exists (coughs at Metroid Prime Trilogy still being mentioned years after the rumors), they'll be perpetually disappointed.

link3710

JaxonH

Ya, Atlus has finally stepped up on Switch. Just this year alone, we've seen or gotten announcements for all of the following:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Catherine Full Body
Persona 5 Scramble
Shin Megami Tensei III HD Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei V

Ralizah

It was an SMT Direct, as far as I'm concerned. I barely even registered the other stuff in the Direct. I don't care.

@JaxonH So, we'll probably see at least three high profile Switch releases next year.

SMT V
SMT III HD
Persona 5 Scramble

Once Atlus support revs up, it doesn't really slow down. The 3DS got new games from them for years after the Switch launched.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That's true. We just have to make sure we're there to buy up their games now that they're starting to roll in. I hope Catherine does well (didnt break top 30 in eShop but maybe it'll have legs), and I really hope SMT starts doing bigger numbers. It's a niche series but maybe Persona will bring some of that fanbase into the fold.

We also get Ys IX and Trails of Cold Steel IV next year. That alone combined with the Atlus onslaught will ensure 2021 is a great year for us as RPG fans, at the very least.

link3710

@Ralizah Don't forget Ys IX. But yeah, those four titles are the entirety of 2021 major announcements so far, with Inazuma Eleven, Trails of Cold Steel IV, Vampire: The Masquerade, and Fallen Legion: Revenants being the only other notable ones I can think of.

Which I mean, 2021 is nearly empty for everyone still so no surprise, but yeah, Atlus has an early lead.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
People wont accept it's fake though because it's very, VERY unlikely to be fake. We have multiple credible insiders saying it exists and is coming around September (the same ones who leaked the Direct today, and even the time it would be announced on twitter). Same for Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's just delayed along with Prime 4. Mario Collection wont get delayed. Its whole purpose is to release this year.

But that has nothing to do with expectations. If anything it tempers expectations because we know we're just getting a connection of old games rather than something new.

Even if Metroid Prime Trilogy never comes, even if there are numerous examples of leaks that were wrong (notably Star Fox racing which, may have been real for all we know since Retro's game was cancelled) that doesnt mean every single game leaked is fake. The countless proven leaks that have been true should be proof enough of that (Mario Maker 2, Zelda Links Awakening, Mario Rabbids, etc). So at least a 50/50 stance is justified. Outright refusing to acknowledge any possibility at all when the majority of universally agreed leaks from these credible sources do actually pan out, makes no sense.

If 2020 passes and it doesnt come you can tell me how wrong it was, you can rub it in all you want, but until then, let's just wait and see. We'll know within a few months.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haruki_NLI

Star Fox Grand Prix, Pokemon Stars, Mother 3 being localised...lots of fakes that get passed around to the point of being believable.

Comes a point we just ignore it all and what happens happens.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DenDen

For what is whas this direct was a good one,
Like mentioned above people are having to high expectations, it whas announced we only got third party announces, and still people are whining about the lack of Zelda or something else.
I know people want to know what this year still is gonna bring, and I can’t blame them for that (I personally don’t care have way to much left to play) but that aside people want to know when new first party releases are coming, belive me they will come Nintendo will have a holiday season game they always have.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoByNature

@link3710 look, im not all in until nintendo says something about it. But with all that's been "leaked," once I saw that lego set and Jenga set with 35th anniversary branding, I started drinking that Kool-aid that its coming. Why celebrate the 35th anniversary with some little toys and board games, when you could celebrate it with ACTUAL video games lol. It would seem very strange, but then again, this is nintendo.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic