Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,481 to 48,500 of 69,995

JaxonH

@link3710
Same. Mid gen refresh is where I jump in. Grab the 3-4 actual permanent exclusive titles I feel are must haves and they’ll be $20 by then (and hopefully the console doesn’t look like a Gordita Crunch by that point too... jus sayin, every time I look at it I see a Beef Surpreme Chalupa). Xbox... unless they change their PC cross release policy, will be a skip.

I think the jump in graphics has typically been what excites people with new generations (that and the occasional revolution in design like Switch). And that jump has just diminished so much. It’s not that the games don’t look dropdead gorgeous, it’s just that they already looked dropdead gorgeous. So it doesn’t feel exciting from a hardware perspective. Only exciting from a “new games” perspective.

What I’m excited for is that PC Gaming show on Saturday. This will be my first real showcase as a serious PC gamer where I’m actually engaged and care enough to follow what’s coming.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH For me backwards compatibility is the big thing. My XB1 has survived 5 years so far so it's due an upgrade soon (I saw something about hard drives generally lasting around 5 years). If Series X has full backwards compatibility with my library I'll upgrade to that but if not I'll wait until my XB1 dies (unlike Switch, all you lose by not replacing XB1 in time is the time spent redownloading games and DLC).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

So just found out about Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, which is coming to Switch. Surprised NL hasn't covered it yet. Same with Demon Turf which looks utterly bizarre but kinda fun. Spellbreak... I dunno about. Could be fun but...

XIII is looking good, though it's hard to say how much it's changed. Samurai Jack looks far better than it's debut, with plenty of gameplay variety. Platforming, sidescrolling, beat em up, a bunch of weapon types, varied environments... definitely looking like a winner.

link3710

NintendoByNature

All I have to say is i forgot how great sunset riders is. I only played the snes version as a kid but the arcade version seems pretty close. Anyone else grab it?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
If I had a large library invested I’d probably feel Series X is a necessity. But since I never owned an Xbox before until the X1X, I really don’t have anything to carry forward. And most of those games are on other platforms now anyways, especially PC. I’m not sure there’s many OG Xbox games I feel are critical, but many are on GC and ergo, Dolphin. There’s a ton of 360 games I’m interested in but, most of the good ones got remastered by now and are on PC or Switch or both. There’s some Halo/Gears games not on Steam like Halo 5 and Gears Ultimate and Gears 4, but I can’t go back to playing those without Gyro now anyways, so it feels like a moot point.

Not really sure what you mean when you say “unlike Switch, all you lose”. Since you can re-download your games there as well. Not sure I get the contrast you’re making between the two.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH If your Switch breaks you also lose some save data like Splatoon 2, Pokemon, Animal Crossing (the games that don't support cloud saves) while you lose no save data if a XB1 breaks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DenDen

Didnt like the ps5 show.
Might be the first time since ps1 that I wont get it at launch.
Only thought that rachtet and clank looked cool.
Not impressed by the rest

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Octane

@JaxonH I can't wait to see the difference once PSVR2 is out; I think that one is going to be very noticeable.

Octane

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Yea, the graphics "upgrade" was... minimal, at best. You could kind of see some of the lighting/shadows ray tracing stuff in a few of the cinematics. But we also have to remember we were watching a stream/video, so you can't really get the full graphical fidelity you'll see what playing natively.

Horizon 2 will definitely be a purchase if I get a PS5, and probably the Ratchet game. Nothing else really grabbed me. I'm not a racing game fan or a horror fan. That stray cat game looked kind of interesting, I guess. I've already done everything I want to do in GTA5, so not a huge deal there. Spider Man 2 is fine, but I'm just so burnt out on the open-world stuff.

SSD in these new consoles is gonna be so nice. For console players it'll be a world of difference to finally have that tech.

But honestly the whole show didn't do anything. I'm just right back to waiting for Nintendo games lol

rallydefault

BruceCM

About that ......
"Marvel's Spider-man: Miles Morales was taken by many to be a full sequel to Insomniac's first Spider-man game, but it is in fact "an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game."
Speaking to The Telegraph (and spotted by VGC), Sony's VP head of European Business, Simon Rutter explained: "I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features.”

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

@BruceCM
That's good to know. So it's really just an expansion? Is it going to be a stand-alone release or just an add-on download?

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault It'll almost certainly be standalone, like Infamous First Light or Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, since they're changing the underlying engine to take advantage of PS5 power.

@DarthNocturnal Whoops!

link3710

BruceCM

I expect all the details will be covered before release, @rallydefault ..... If I see more about it, I'll share it here EDIT: they've shared a Tweet in the PS Fan thread that says it is a standalone game

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, Paper Mario looks dope!!!

Did you see the yellow Toad with the googly eyed glasses, and that goomba in the wacky outfit? Boss fights look insanely good. Olivia can even transform into that giant turtle you beat. That opens up so many possibilities.

It's definitely got it's own flavor now, definitely different, but in a VERY good way. They've finally hit their stride.

gcunit

Who are the ****ing mods around here? Why am I getting all these Sony fanboys clogging up my Switch thread with their meltdowns?

😋

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@JaxonH I'm... less than impressed. I'm more worried than before this game is going to be a dumpster fire when people actually get their hands on it after what I saw.

@Octane Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

link3710

Ralizah

@JaxonH I agree. I think if people can give up the expectation that this is an RPG series any more, people might find something to like in this newest entry. It seems like they're addressing most of the big (reasonable) criticisms of the previous two games.

rallydefault wrote:

What made you initially think it was gonna be bad?

Experience with the last couple of Paper Mario games, I'd guess.

I didn't play Color Splash, but Sticker Star was my first PM game, and it was pretty unenjoyable. I never even bothered finishing it. I played it for several hours when I first picked it up, and then just... never picked it up again. I think I gifted it to my nephew eventually.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic