Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,461 to 48,480 of 69,981

NintendoByNature

A shopping cart is the only thing i want. The loading blows but having to individually buy multiple games is worse.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

eShop credit 15% back for Amazon Prime VISA Store card users. 5% back you normally get + additional 10% back until July 5th.

https://www.amazon.com/l/17934980011?node=17934980011&pcb...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

I think we know by now that Jaxon is not a guy who is willing to wait around for a sale. By the time a game goes on sale he's already snagged the eshop pre-order, the physical, and the collectors edition, and moved on to the next hot ticket. He lives my dream and I count myself lucky being able to share it with him through his regular updates. The guy is an irrepressible force of gaming hype and he lets us all ride along on his train for free. I salute šŸ––

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

The rescheduled Smash tourney matches are such that the finals are still on June 20th - 21st, seems extremely likely that the ARMS character launches on the week June 22nd - 26th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@gcunit

Full steam ahead gents!

Untitled

At first I thought you said ā€œirresponsible force of gaming hypeā€ and was like mmmm... no objections šŸ˜‚

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@JaxonH What's the diff šŸ˜‚

Choo Choo!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

If anyoneā€™s feelin a little down, a little out, feelin a little no-e3 blues, I encourage you to join us in the Xenoblade Chronicles, Bioshock Collection, Borderlands Collection and XCOM 2 extravaganza.

Itā€™s crazy to have so many games hit all at once, and every single one of them be a legitimate ā€œbest of all time listā€ contenders. Not even contender. Each and every one of them, I can definitely say as of now, are on my all time fave list. And I loved all these games before. But it wasnā€™t until Switch I truly appreciated them in all their glory. The hybrid play (and gyro for Borderlands) helped tremendously as far as actually feeling incentivized to fully invest.

If you havenā€™t played Bioshock Remastered... go right that wrong now. Itā€™s SO GOOD. So so good. And if you donā€™t know about Borderlands 2, itā€™s time to ask someone. Thereā€™s a reason people are still playing that game to this day with like 2,500 hrs in. If you havenā€™t played XCOM 2, then you havenā€™t played the boss of all strategy games. I will allow Mario Rabbids as a substitute, but only because I know itā€™ll push you toward XCOM 2. And if you arenā€™t playing Xenoblade Chronicles, itā€™s definitely time.

BruceCM

I'm glad I can't get hyped about as many games as some here .... Apart from affording to buy them, there's the finding enough time to play them all!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

OorWullie

@JaxonH Bioshock is next on my list. I was going to buy it the other night but then I spotted Divinity: Original Sin 2 for $35 so I snagged that instead,looks right up my street.

Just spotted this on the Eshop, looks really good and going by past reviews, it is. Releases next week.

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Mr Mustard šŸ‡¹šŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

šŸ•¹ļø The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards šŸ•¹ļø

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Huh. That looks pretty good, actually. I was also impressed by Project Warlock. Ion Fury just wasnā€™t enough to persuade me but this might be

rallydefault

That PS5 show was a big ol' meh for me. And I was so excited for it, too. Honestly not even any games I want except Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and maybe the new Ratchet and Clank. The console itself looks... space age? I guess that's the direction we're going now lol I don't really care how a console looks though so whatever. No price or release date yet.

Bleh.

rallydefault

BruceCM

I liked a lot of the games, myself but some had already been announced & the only actual PlayStation exclusive I'd want is Returnal....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

I think the re8 reveal was cool. Very much monster madness type of feel

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I'm pretty sure GTAV will return to the top of the UK charts when it releases on next gen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Nothing to apologize for. I've been asking why Nintendo doesn't want more of my money for years now. I'm that one weirdo who, among a sea of piracy devices and access to literally any rom I could want - am still asking Nintendo to let me buy retro content on an official platform...

That's the thing, there are a lot of things Nintendo really could do that seem at least on the surface to be easy things to make more money, things that people want to spend money on, and Nintendo just... doesn't.

@AndyD That's the first I've heard of it too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I love horror movies, but cant play many horror games, outside of re.. mostly because I like having a weapon to defend myself. This one looks cool though as I'm a huge fan of original monster movies

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I actually thought it was a pretty great show myself. Not so much for the console because weā€™ve just reached such advanced graphics at this point that itā€™s like, normal and not much difference. I mean, you can tell thereā€™s a difference, but not all that much. I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to be excited for a graphical leap again until hybrid gaming makes the jump to roughly PS4-level graphics. Thatā€™s going to be really exciting just because most games will run properly and look good at that point. And I think pretty much any video game going forward could be made to run on hardware of that power.

What was exciting was Horizon 2. And I am not really a fan of the first game (though I will be giving it another shot on Steam where I can play with Gyro) but the new one definitely looked really cool. At least, graphically, anyways. Very beautiful looking game. Iā€™ve always loved the premise and setting, even of the first one. But it kills my excitement thinking I would have to play it without gyro after playing the first one with it... and therein lies my problem with the console in general. If they really want to take steps forward they need to do more than just add power. The SSD is good (frankly Iā€™d be concerned if they didnā€™t switch to SSDā€™s by this point given the fact theyā€™ve been around for 10 years now), and credit where credit is due because that was definitely a huge stride, but they gotta embrace a better control scheme beyond the same dual analog weā€™ve been using since the turn of the millennium. Having a console that doesnā€™t utilize it just feels too regressive, no matter how photorealistic the graphics look.

Aside from that, the Spider-Man looked good. Ratchet and Clank looked good- and thatā€™s saying something because I thought the last one looked good and then didnā€™t really enjoy playing it all that much. But even despite that I still think this one looks interesting. So they had to of done something right. And Demons Souls, even though I know Iā€™ll probably never play it, looks solid. I know my brother loves his Souls games so at least heā€™ll be happy.

The Resident Evil looked like a return to form (for me at least) but thatā€™s gonna be a Steam purchase with gyro aiming. All the big third party games too much for Switch to handle will be. Donā€™t care if they buy out their timed exclusivity- Iā€™ll wait . Iā€™m never falling for that again. Speaking of which, Little devil inside was a game I backed on Kickstarter for Wii U, and have waited 5 years for it, And now I see Sony paid them for timed exclusivity... as per usual. Screwing the backers in the process. Not that the devs arenā€™t to blame too, but Sony is no better than Epic Games nowadays. This has been their thing for years, and I have no love for them because of it.

link3710

@JaxonH Honestly, I'd be more excited if it wasn't for the fact that half the titles were multiplatform, and the rest don't even have a release YEAR yet. Like, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank (which looks like a return to form) are aaaalmost enough to convince me. But not quite. And then there's no sign of any more exclusives til probably holiday 2021 at the earliest if they aren't announcing 2021 release years. I probably won't get it til the inevitable mid-console life revision which will be around when they'll start releasing games en mass again.

But I will say, it was a super fun presentation to watch at least.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic