Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,821 to 47,840 of 69,988

link3710

@DarthNocturnal I remember wanting it and going to FuncoLand (back when that was a thing) and finding out they didn't have a copy so I ended up getting um... I think it was Timesplitters 2. Never did end up managing to find a copy, it's still a game I want to go back and play.

link3710

JaxonH

New season pass announced for Civilization VI! With gobs more content.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DarkSim01

I'm sure someone else has asked this at some point in the past, but I can't find it...

So, 51 Worldwide Games coming out has a Free Supplementary download so your friends can play multiplayer with you with only one person owning an actual copy of the game.

Does anyone know what other games offer this feature?

DarkSim01

NintendoByNature

@DarkSim01 that's so weird, I was just going to ask the same question as I have my daughters switch lite arriving today. I would love to know the same.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Not aware of any, unless you count the Youngblood Buddy Pass .... If any do offer anything similar, you can be sure they'd tell you in the eshop & you'd see the supplementary software, too
Of course, most multiplayer games, you can play with your friends on one Switch, anyway .... ?

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DarkSim01

@BruceCM It's more of a curiosity question than anything. I plan to look more into it on my Switch when I get home from work. I was just wondering.

Some of those more relaxing games, or trivia, card and board games, could be fun to play that way. That's all. It could be especially fun to play Texas Hold 'Em on multiple Switches locally and be able to relax on the couch, like 51 WW Games offers.

DarkSim01

JaxonH

Man... The Wonderful 101 is such a hidden gem masterpiece. Just like in my original Wii U playthrough, the game felt a bit awkward at first. Took a bit to click. But halfway through Mission 2 when you get Wonder Pink, that's when the game clicked for me, last time and this time.

Gosh dang I love this game. I love it! It has to be in my top 25 of all time, and that's shooting from the hip. It may even rank higher than that if I ever truly sussed out how I feel about every game. Then again, I often underestimate how many masterpiece games I've played. Throw a few Zeldas in there, few Metroids, few Xenoblades, few Fire Emblems, few Monster Hunters, few DKC games, Trials Rising, few other Platinum titles, few Final Fantasy games, F-Zero GX, few Personas, Pikmin 3, few Mario titles, Sin & Punishment 2, etc and that list starts bulking out very quickly.

@DarkSim01 @NintendoByNature
Wolfenstein Youngblood if you have the Buddy Pass, Namco Museum for the GameCube PacMan, and ClubHouse Games. But as mentioned, the majority of MP Switch games can do co-op on one screen or system. I know everyone having their own system and screen is best, but it's still a great option that most games offer.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

That's OK, @DarkSim01 ... Thought I'd point out most multiplayer games do let you play with at least one other person on a Switch, as it is. & usually you can do it by sharing joy-cons, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if perhaps the next Direct is in July rather than a large delay like September. The big Series X event is in July, the Ubisoft digital event is in July. Guess it could be that pretty much July ends up essentially being a digital E3 in all but name.

As for June. 51 Clubhouse Games, ARMS character in Smash and Pokemon Isle of Armor alongside all those 3rd party games could easily handle that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkSim01

@BruceCM No problem man. We still get a lot of split screen time on MK8D, SSB and some others. And my wife loves playing Luigi's Mansion 3 with me (especially given that Gooigi is basically invincible so she can't really die).

@JaxonH Thanks for the input. It's a cool feature I like to see developers put in. More shared gaming, less financial greed, you know? I's a good feature for games like Uno, Texas Hold 'Em, Risk, Dominoes, Jack Box Party Packs, etc. etc. etc. Anything where each player has their own menu or items they need to keep hidden from other players.

DarkSim01

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's release schedule after Deadly Premonition 2 in July is empty. Aside from the occasional YouTube video or Twitter post to promote releases individually, I just assume Nintendo going to go dark until January 2021. No doubt COVID-19 has pushed everything into 2021. Year-of Mario, No More Heroes III, BotW 2, MP4, Bayonetta 3, etc.

All I keep reading in gaming news headlines is how game development in Japan has ground to a halt.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Magician Slowed, not ground to a halt. I mean, even as we've gotten articles about development woes, we've simultaneously seen both Retro and Monolith continuing to hire. That's not what they'd be doing if development was actually on hold. Stuff that was going to hit in the summer will still likely hit in the holidays, even if it's developing at only 50% of the original rate.

link3710

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician Slowed, not ground to a halt. I mean, even as we've gotten articles about development woes, we've simultaneously seen both Retro and Monolith continuing to hire. That's not what they'd be doing if development was actually on hold. Stuff that was going to hit in the summer will still likely hit in the holidays, even if it's developing at only 50% of the original rate.

No disagreement. I just feel that there aren't enough games releasing in the second half of 2020 for Nintendo to broadcast another full-on Direct, possibly not even a mini-Direct, until January. Nintendo could opt to lead out in 2021 super-strong while leaving MS and Sony fighting for scraps with PS5 and Series X during this Holiday season.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Magician

What are you basing that on, given that we had no idea what their schedule was after Xenoblade?

If something was originally aimed for August/September, it doesn't seem too extreme to just expect it in November/December instead, given that something aimed for that period would've surely had most of its development already done.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH You. Beat Inferno V.... with the Switch Lite?

BULLS__T!! haha, with joycon sticks?? That's impressive. I've been using the pro controller.

Ahhh, here's where I kept getting stuck - for months. The port-a-john at the wheels. I pasted the video to play that the time stamp of that obstacle. Maybe I did eventually make it to the final vertical clime. Maybe I couldn't get onto the roof. I was tired. If I did finish it, I didn't medal.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JaxonH

@WoomyNNYes
😂 Ya I get in the Zone on that Switch Lite. Even I'm amazed how well I've done with those analog sticks. I noticed it's a bit easier on PC with an Xbox controller and analog triggers.

As for that obstacle, oh yes, I'm very familiar. Those double tires off that arc-shaped top is a ROYAL pain in the butt. I retried so many times. It's always a hang up for me. Then again, so is basically every other obstacle in the course.

I'd try using Helium. The hardest part is the first jump. It seems impossible with Helium... at first. But there's a trick to it. Pull back and ride first mini ramp on back tire at an exact angle, but immediately press forward as you hit the ramp. If done correctly it'll throw your rear wheel onto the second ramp while keeping momentum and without lifting into the air, which if done right, can give you the speed to reach the top incline.

Once you clear that first jump though, the rest of the track is a lot easier than with the Mantis. Especially that double tire section.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

Switch lite came in. Aside from feeling quite smaller, the buttons, dpad, and sturdiness are superior when being compared to the original. First time ive had my hands on it, so I'm pretty surprised.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

WiiWareWave

WTF?! I keep getting a DNS error a few seconds after I connect to the eShop, but I can play games online no problem. Heeeelp!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Magician

Dezzy wrote:

What are you basing that on, given that we had no idea what their schedule was after Xenoblade?

It's nothing more than a tinfoil hat, gut feeling. PS5 and Series X are both expected to arrive in November. Why would Nintendo release any major first party games between November and the New Year? Platform-agnostic gamers won't have money for Switch games this Holiday.

Nintendo would be better off loading up early 2021. A time when PS5 and Series X will most likely be encountering supply issues similar to what the Switch is experiencing at this moment.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic