Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,641 to 47,660 of 69,970

JaxonH

Ooh! New hour of gameplay footage for Clubhouse games shows Sorry (or Pachesi). I used to love that game as a kid!

And the chess pieces look gorgeous. The gold trim really makes them pop, and I love how the more powerful pieces progressively have more gold trim.

And, can we appreciate the novelty of playing a Nintendo-made Hanafuda card video game 😁

It also includes Uno, except it's called "Last Card". Essentially the same thing, cards look a bit different, but it has the wild 4 color cards and everything.

And Speed? I played the heck out of Speed as a kid. Hardcore. It used to be very popular when I was in 5th or 6th grade. Very pleased to see it included.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

From what I can tell, Europe isn't getting a physical version of XCOM 2. Preorders for Bioshock and Borderlands went up weeks ago but XCOM 2 is still missing.

Was planning digital anyway but figured this was still important news.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

That's unfortunate but, US misses tons of releases that other regions get. I've always just imported, thanks to region free. Which, everyone wanted region free for this very reason. Now we have it. People should use it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Ion Fury has gyro support on Switch, according to the developers.

I wasn't originally going to grab this on NS, but that might have made the difference for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoWiiDS

I’m so excited for Clubhouse Games/51 Worldwide Games. I love the sheer variety and quantity of international favourites on offer and the presentation across the board is extraordinary considering this is simply a compilation of mini games. Being able to learn how to play classic tabletop games from other regions I’m unfamiliar with will be a great experience and I’ll enjoy playing the games I’ve always enjoyed on my Switch. I’ve been waiting for years for Nintendo develop a title reminiscent of the Wii series of games and I’m feeling significant Wii Sports vibes with Bowling and Wii Play vibes with Billiards, Shooting Gallery, Air Hockey and of course, the glorious ecstasy of Tanks. June 5th can’t arrive soon enough!

NintendoWiiDS

rallydefault

Totally forgot Pod Racer is coming out May 12, right? I'll definitely get that - fun game to play in quick bursts. Hopefully the price will be reasonable.

All this XCOM 2 talk is making me want to start a new campaign on PC.

rallydefault

Ninfan

what are the USB ports on the switch docking station for. can I use a USB stick to save e-shop games I bought ( sd cards aren't very good ).

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan think you've asked this before, but ill reply anyway. Controllers are plugged into the usb ports. You cant use a usb stick only an sd to put games on.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

zionich

@JaxonH Finally finished Doom 2016 and Steam World Quest. I am not sure which Switch game to play next until Xenoblade Chronichles. Can't wait to get lost in that game. I also grabbed FF7 Remake but will drop it for Xenoblade.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I’m a simple man. I see gyro, I buy.

@zionich
Wonderful 101 is a stone cold classic. Can’t go wrong there if you’re a fan of Platinum, especially if you missed it on the Wii U. Trials of Mana is also pretty good. Much better than I was expecting. Voice work has proven to be hit or miss depending on the character, but overall it’s pretty entertaining. Good battle system.

@rallydefault
I just picked up XCOM Chimera Squad on Steam to get in the mood for the XCOM 2 Switch release. But ended up just playing Gears Tactics all day instead. My goodness, that game is incredible. I can’t believe I’ve been so blinded to how great Microsoft 1st party titles are. Nintendo games are great but focus on gameplay, Sony games use gameplay as a crutch to support the story which is their main focus, but Microsoft seems to do both, and they do it very well. I’ve been made a believer with Gears of War 5 recently. And Gears Tactics only strengthens that belief. MS really knows how to make gameplay focused games. I feel like Gears Tactics may be my new favorite strategy game, although, I’ll be playing XCOM 2 soon enough and am eager to see how it compares.

@NintendoWiiDS
the glorious ecstasy of Tanks

I feel like that should be quoted for future reference 😃

zionich

@JaxonH They are on my list. I still need to get Astral Chain =(

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Lucarianzx

I just sold a steam controller I got for free so now I'm like wondering if I should get Splatoon 2... I mean it is a good price.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

AndyD

@JaxonH hey i wasn't sure if you had one but i assume you do. for the switch lite, how do games like xenoblade 2 look and most other RPGs on the switch? i just got one a few weeks ago for animal crossing, of course, i use a pro controller mostly because i don't want the 'drift' issue. sorry for all the lower case letters, my keyboard is wearing out on my old mac...

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@AndyD
They look pretty close to how they do on the normal Switch, but it appears better due to the smaller screen. I just tested Xenoblade 2 in Gormott field and you can tell the res is lower but it looks better than on normal Switch, just because details are smaller.

But ya, in general games look great on the Lite. The smaller screen really does help.

I wouldn't worry about any drift issue. If it happens it happens, but can usually be fixed in 5 minutes if it does. Ralizah literally just posted a 5 minute fix it video here, a page or so back. And.... I havent had any issues. At least, not with the analog (have had gyro issues where it sticks and doesnt move smoothly, rebooting always fixes though). But by not using the analogs you're essentially suffering the result of problems without actually having any problems, even despite those problems being unlikely, and easily fixed even if they do happen. Just my two cents.

Grumblevolcano

Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC Pack 2 (scheduled for before the end of July) is out now. So now the only known DLC releases for 1st party games left are Smash Ultimate Fighters Pass 2 and Pokemon Sword/Shield Expansion Pass.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Wonderful 101 physical version pushed back to June 30th.

Backers who opt for a physical version get a free Steam code as compensation.

I say, apology accepted then.

Brigandine: Legend of Runisia demo is out. Playing now. Streets of Rage 4 is also out now. Will check that out next. And Burnout Paradise is up for preload on the eShop. Of course I had to have that. Hybrid version of Burnout Paradise is one of the few EA games I’ve wanted. 60fps is an unexpected surprise, too. Not needed, but appreciated.

edit
Brigandine is a lot better than I expected. Enough that I’m planning to buy the game now. The cut scenes are pretty cheap semi-stills but the in game 3D models during battles are immaculate. I’m very impressed with how the monsters and knights look when you zoom in close. The only real complaint I have with it is that the battlefield can get really busy to the point it’s hard to tell who is part of your team and who isn’t. And when you zoom far enough out to see everyone the details just kind of clutter. That aside, I really do love it. The level of strategy is intense. It’s so much deeper than I anticipated. I went through the entire tutorial section which walks you through a practice game and teaches you how to do certain strategies and spells. It is a pretty good tutorial.

And Streets of Rage 4 is... well, it’s perfection. And the Switch version is perfection too. It’s everything I wanted. The art style is even better than first presented. But I will say the game is hard. I’m gonna have to play on Easy because, I could barely make it halfway through the second level on normal difficulty. When you die you can choose to get more lives and take a lower score but I just rather play on a lower difficulty.

For now, time to take a break from Trials of Mana and play some Valkyria Chronicles.

Edited on by JaxonH

BinaryMessiah

JaxonH wrote:

@Ralizah
I’m a simple man. I see gyro, I buy.

@zionich
Wonderful 101 is a stone cold classic. Can’t go wrong there if you’re a fan of Platinum, especially if you missed it on the Wii U. Trials of Mana is also pretty good. Much better than I was expecting. Voice work has proven to be hit or miss depending on the character, but overall it’s pretty entertaining. Good battle system.

@rallydefault
I just picked up XCOM Chimera Squad on Steam to get in the mood for the XCOM 2 Switch release. But ended up just playing Gears Tactics all day instead. My goodness, that game is incredible. I can’t believe I’ve been so blinded to how great Microsoft 1st party titles are. Nintendo games are great but focus on gameplay, Sony games use gameplay as a crutch to support the story which is their main focus, but Microsoft seems to do both, and they do it very well. I’ve been made a believer with Gears of War 5 recently. And Gears Tactics only strengthens that belief. MS really knows how to make gameplay focused games. I feel like Gears Tactics may be my new favorite strategy game, although, I’ll be playing XCOM 2 soon enough and am eager to see how it compares.

@NintendoWiiDS
the glorious ecstasy of Tanks

I feel like that should be quoted for future reference 😃

Gears 5 was better than 4, but still not as good as the original trilogy. It just feels like there's something missing or it feels forced. I'm so glad Tactics is doing well, I haven't played a good RTS game in a very long time. Microsoft's exclusives are good, but far and few between. They really dropped the ball this generation cycle, but I'm glad they all came to PC. At least Tactics is miles better than Halo Wars 1 and 2 combined.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

TheAwesomeBowser

So we're all in agreement to boycott Gamevice whether they win or lose?

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Ryu_Niiyama

Huntdown looks over the top silly. I may pick it up when it releases.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic