Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,621 to 47,640 of 69,962

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I think it's more about not looking back at the past in general. There were crossgen releases with last gen and current gen but the only EA games released before the launch of current gen that has been brought to current gen are (excluding XB1 backwards compatibility):

• Madden NFL 25
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4
  • Burnout Paradise

Of which the first 3 were released a few months before current gen launched and were launch window releases for current gen. But as we can see from other companies like Activision that 7th gen remasters are becoming increasingly common, perhaps as a result of Series X's "smart delivery" feature and backwards compatibility on both next gen systems meaning just porting current gen games to next gen would have less profit.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah I know they've given that reason.

What with it being EA though, I'm guessing the actual reason is probably more to do with not being able to incorporate it into their live-service model they're trying to push.

I just really struggle to believe that a company like that really has abstract principles like "it's important to look forward". Maybe Nintendo might genuinely stand by something like that, but not EA.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Did someone seriously talk about EA & principles .... ? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they disposed of those awhile ago!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

SMT V is my most anticipated game of the generation. Has been since it was announced. I couldn't be more on pins and needles for it if I tried.

With that said, I don't want Atlus to rush it to market. They need to take their time. This is going to be one the Switch's primary JRPG exclusives. It needs to be incredible. And given my experience with previous SMT games, I trust them. So I'll just occupy myself with other games in the meantime.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

Ya, no rush on SMTV. It comes when it comes. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Right now Trials of Mana is everything I hoped it would be. Always wanted to play Seiken Densetsu 3, but dont have much stomach for the retro classics anymore. A remake is just what I needed.

Trials of Mana > Wonderful 101 > Xenoblade Chronicles > Borderlands 2 > Bioshock Remastered > XCOM 2 > Clubhouse Games > Trails of Cold Steel 3 > Catherine Full Body

That's my planned lineup through July. Of course, I'll throw Outer Worlds in there too if that's really a June release. And Idk how far I'll get in Catherine, but I'll give it another shot, hopefully this time with a little more patience for those hard puzzles

It's gonna be a very packed few months. And that should be more than enough games to last until the 2nd half of the year lineup starts dropping.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

I'm saving money so it's just Xenoblade DE for the foreseeable future.

Just gonna be replaying From Software games and chipping away at the backlog in the meantime.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

I'm wondering if there will be any stock shortages with Xenoblade, like there is with FF7 Remake and Animal Crossing. I'm probably gonna preorder just in case. Need a physical version for this definitely.

I know it won't sell the same kinda numbers as those 2 games though, so maybe it'll be fine.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Seananigans
Is there any nearest video game repair shop from your place?
I think you can ask them to repair the drifting Joy Cons and Pro Controller.
Here in Indonesia, i'm lucky enough to have some video game repair shop that can repair any broken video game devices.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

Got FF7R this month. Next month, near the end, is Shantae and Xenoblade. Those will do me until July, when Catherine: Full Body releases. Afterward, assuming there aren't any big games revealed soon that I'll want, I'll be (hopefully) getting Cyberpunk 2077 is September. Baldo should be out by this time as well. After that is anyone's guess.

@Seananigans Use q-tips swabbed in isopropyl alcohol under the rubber skirts on the joycon sticks. There are videos online explaining in-depth what to do. I did the procedure to my joycon three times, rotating the stick every time to distribute the alcohol around the inside of the stick, and, after letting it dry, recalibrated the joycon. COMPLETELY removed the drift.

@Dezzy You should absolutely preorder if you want a physical copy of any big new release over the next few months. I still feel thankful I received my Deluxe Edition of FF7R, even if it was almost a week late.

Thankfully, I went digital with Xenoblade, so stock issues won't matter much to me.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

Bubble Bobble 4 is surprisingly great lol. Games like this really do hearken back to the good ol’ NES era. We got Soldam puzzle game also, which I believe was an NES classic, but Bubble Bobble 4 is just really addictive. It reminds me of what video games used to feel like when I was a kid. I do recommend. It’s kind of short, but includes the original arcade game which is nice.

Idk. It’s just fun revisiting classic games like this in HD. A lot of times I get games in the mail and I toss them in and I play for a few minutes, then put them on the shelf, but this game sucked me in to the point I’ve already beaten half the game.

As for Xenoblade Chronicles, digital ensures day one. But I do have the NA collector edition preordered, and the EU collector edition preordered using a forwarding service. There’s no way I could pass up on that steel book. Xenoblade is my favorite JRPG series of all time. I have an entire shelf space dedicated to displaying Xenoblade stuff. Not a full shelf like Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem get, but a quarter shelf. Probably just because there’s not enough Xenoblade merch to fill a whole shelf. The Pyra and Mythra statues look great though, and I do have KOS-MOS [Xenoblade 2 edition] preordered to match.

Not even Final Fantasy, Zelda or Metroid gets that much shelf space from me. I’d do a whole shelf for Pikmin if I could, but aside from the Amiibo and 3 game releases (5 if you count the Wii motion releases) there’s just not enough interesting stuff to display. I do have a really nice Pikmin framed picture, though I put the wrong dimensions when ordering so it doesn’t fill the left and right sides (doh!). Still looks ok I guess

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Seananigans

I used this one for reference. The link should start at the point where he actually demonstrates what to do.

Like I said, I did it three times or so, separated by periods of five minutes between each attempt. After that, I recalibrated.

Recalibrating on its own of course didn't help, because joycon drift is primarily a hardware issue. But using the alcohol to clean the inside out + recalibration fixed my problem. Hopefully it helps with you, too.

Edited on by Ralizah

zionich

@JaxonH I still hang out, just had to re-log in. I guess I haven't been logged in for a while but still check NL just about every day.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@zionich
Ah. I seldom visit the main page anymore. Spend all my time in the forums now, away from the trolling posts and nonsense.

How's your lineup looking for May and June? Lots of Switch games releasing.

Grumblevolcano

A Japanese trailer for 51 Clubhouse Games confirms motion controls so you'll be able to play Bowling like in Wii Sports.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

klingki

It looks like Indivisible just dropped on the eShop. Did we know this was coming out today?

klingki

Grumblevolcano

One of the few 2020 games from the September Direct now has a release date. Deadly Premonition 2 launches July 10th:

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@klingki Neither us nor the dev team knew. It was dropped on the shop without their knowledge. The good news is, this build runs perfectly. The bad news is the build that was dropped is equivalent to the launch build on other platforms and lacks any of the post-launch content.

Also, since the dev team wasn't informed, nothing has been done for backers yet for this.

link3710

klingki

@link3710 Interesting. Well, while the 20% off is nice, I think I'll wait til it's feature complete (or at least on a bigger sale if not).

klingki

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Oh my gosh, Club House Games looks sooo good!

Motion bowling and motion darts! Did you see how multiple systems can be combined for the race track cars?! This game is instantly my most hyped game now. I know its just smaller mini games but Wii Sports Bowling is still one of the finest games I've ever played, and now we're getting it on Switch!

Also, the game just looks so gorgeous. The sound effects are super real too. They did a great job with the clacking connect 4 pieces, the rattling dice, the thud of dominoes on the table, the brrrrr of cards being shuffled... graphics look slick too. Very pleased with the presentation.

This will be a must have game for practically every Switch owner. Who doesnt like all those games!

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic