Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,141 to 47,160 of 69,980

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah Yea I checked it out for Like an hour but it was also a busy time of year when the demo released from what i remember. So it got put to the side. I'll definitely try it out again.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

TLoU2 is delayed with no new release date so even more attention will be on that insane Switch lineup for late May.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Good news for Xenoblade. A lot of Playstation owners who were expecting a massive adventure in May will now be looking for an alternative.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano @Dezzy This is assuming that Xenoblade isn't itself delayed, as Nintendo did state at the start of the Mini Direct that due to the coronavirus some titles maybe delayed.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

Yeah, Xenoblade has... well far less competition now for cross-platform players, considering that's the same slice of people who have long had access to the games in the 2K collections.

link3710

KryptoniteKrunch

I think Xenoblade's release date will be safe. It was just last week when they confirmed it, so they must be confident in that date. Also there wasn't a time crunch fiasco surrounding Xenoblade either.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

From the wording, it looks more to do with physical versions than "the game isn't finished". My guess is something like Gamestop has a deal with Sony which prevents Sony retail releases from releasing digitally first hence the game has to be delayed until physical stores are back open.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano I honestly doubt it's some kind of shady deal like that. I don't know much about Naughty Dog but they seem like a pretty respectable studio. I believe them when they say they want to give everyone the chance to play at the same time. Dealing the release until they can deliver the game as normal is probably the most fair option.

It also avoids potential backlash from some segments of the gaming community who refuse to play anything without a physical release.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

scubydo wrote:

anyone know the file size for the download version of the 2k games, especially borderlands collection?

Probably in the neighborhood of 45GB-50GB for the Borderlands Collection alone, I'm assuming 15GB per game minimum.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

From the wording, it looks more to do with physical versions than "the game isn't finished". My guess is something like Gamestop has a deal with Sony which prevents Sony retail releases from releasing digitally first hence the game has to be delayed until physical stores are back open.

Could be absolutely anything really. They don't necessarily tell the truth.

It could just be that it still wasn't finished, but they don't wanna say that because it will draw more attention to the crunch they're going through.

Could be that they think the subject matter and some of the story is really badly suited to be played during a global pandemic.

Could be that first party Playstation games still get a lot of sales from in-store retail purchases, which a lot of people won't be doing at the moment.

link3710

@scubydo 42GB for Borderlands Legendary Collection, 35GB for Bioshock: The Collection and 24 GB for XCOM 2 Collection

@Dezzy Honestly, I think you're right about them not wanting to sell a post-apocalyptic game during a pandemic.

link3710

TuVictus

Eh...I really doubt it. I mean aren't movies and books about pandemics/disease more popular than ever right now? That'd be silly. I know it's the default to distrust everything developers say, but considering the pandemic, I'm sure they're just being real with us.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

rallydefault

I just think Naughty Dog/Sony know how massive a release the game is gonna be, and they probably wanna have launch parties and events and stuff like that before/during/after launch for as much heaping on of hype as possible. And that just can't happen now, so they're gonna hold onto it.

I mean, look at FF7 remake. Australia already has it, random people around the world already have it, and it's created some bad blood in the community amongst players and Square and people like me who still need to wait a week blahblahblah. It's pathetic first-world drama, for sure, but I bet Naughty Dog just wants to avoid that crud if at all possible.

rallydefault

Dezzy

@rallydefault

Can't create "bad blood" if you're systematically ignoring all info until launch

TheFrenchiestFry

Just preordered Catherine Full Body

Technically the third time I've bought this game in addition to PS4 and the JP exclusive Vita version, but I'm willing to support Atlus' self published efforts on Switch

It doesn't necessarily mean Persona is happening soon but I'd honestly love SMT in general getting a spotlight

Persona 5 Royal is a lot of fun as is

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

Started playing YS VIII again. After that fabo Trails of Cold Steel 3 demo I was craving more Falcom. And its gonna be a long wait til June 30th, though May 29th will make the wait much easier.

@TheFrenchiestFry
Oh I'm pretty sure Persona will come. Catherine wouldn't be coming if they hadn't finally realized the money they're missing on.

The catch is, it'll be 2 years from now, after everyone bought the game, TWICE over on the same system, and they've squeezed every last drop from that cow they can... then you'll see it announced for Switch.

Just like all these other games coming to Switch.

But I've caught on to this cycle. I've learned that if I'm just patient, it'll pay dividends later.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH SMTV will still be MIA at that point

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
😏

I'm actually not sweating that game. They announced it early, sure, but it'll come. Think in 2018/19 full scale development began in earnest.

I figure that'll be a 2021 reveal, with an early 2022 Japan release and late 2022 western release. Few years away, so for now it's on my "remind me when its revealed" list.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic