Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,061 to 47,080 of 69,963

MsJubilee

@JaxonH Both series have the same gunplay, so I think you'll enjoy the zombie games, but it was not meant for them. The guns aren't strong enough to phase any of the unique enemies you'll encounter(it'll feel like you're shooting air guns at them), the game wants fast gameplay, but it's too clunky and claustrophobic to do so. Maybe gyro will fix one of the problems. But I doubt it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

redd214

Hope all these Mario Rumors are true. As someone who hadn't had a Nintendo console since the SNES before getting the switch I missed out of pretty much all of them!

redd214

Dezzy

Ok this is just slightly weird behaviour. Why are so many media sites just jumping in and saying "yes we can confirm that". It doesn't really make sense.
If you could so easily confirm it, why didn't you break it in the first place?

It sounds like they're just all talking to the same source, and each adding a new twist on it, possibly just for the sake of website clicks.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Now, an HD remake version of Mario 64, that I can do. And... that would make perfect sense why they went after the Dreams creation. Just like AM2R when they were working on Samus Returns.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

If this supposed Super Mario All-Stars 2 were to exist with HD Remasters of all four titles, it would finally dethrone Metroid Prime Trilogy as the greatest collection of all time IMO. Only other ones I can think that are on that level are Rare Replay and Mass Effect Trilogy (which gets docked for not including DLC critical to the narrative). Oh and the original All-Stars of course.

Not that I actually believe any of this, but it's fun to dream.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Could be clickbait, the Direct Mini didn't have much click worthy content so jumping on a rumour regarding something big would provide more clicks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Toy_Link

It sounds way TOO good to be true, when was the last time Nintendo released a collection with more than 2 games? Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii over 10 years ago?

Nintendo can sell millions of copies of a remake of a Game Boy Zelda for $60, I don't see Nintendo being generous and selling 5 big 3D Mario games together for $60.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Dezzy

Yeah, Mario 64, Sunshine, 3D World and Galaxy 1&2, could frankly all sell as full priced releases. Assuming they're vaguely up to a modern graphical standard.

So I am a bit skeptical that they'd do them all at the same time. Why not 1 every 6-9 months instead? That would cover up any gaps in their release schedule for the rest of the Switch's lifespan.

@link3710

I think Halo MCC probably deserves to be up there!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Toy_Link Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii in 2012), it contained:

• Dream Land (GB)
  • Adventure (NES)
  • Dream Land 2 (GB)
  • Super Star (SNES)
  • Dream Land 3 (SNES)
  • 64 (N64)

The only way I could see Nintendo doing the rumoured Mario bundle is if they think PS5/Series X will make Switch irrelevant despite their comments of "We're not competing with Sony and Microsoft".

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I'm really upset at these Paper Mario rumors, giving me hope like that

That's just cruel

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

It is the 35th anniversary of Super Mario. That would be the reason I guess.

I'd be over the moon for HD remasters for each game separately, especially Galaxy 1 and 2. A collection featuring all 4? I would straight up cry.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

Personally I'd like to see either a new NES remix (or a port of the series) or a step into SNES remix. I find it funny when 3rd parties port games its boring but Nintendo porting Mario again is exciting.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Atlus hasn't changed one bit, they're now asking via survey if people want P5S released in the west.

Grumblevolcano

1UP_MARIO

I think it will be the same anniversary game again re released for the switch.

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

link3710

@Dezzy I forgot that MCC is no longer broken, but yes it does (now). Also, Kingdom Hearts: All in One too (even if it doesn't actually include Days or Re:Coded)

I'll also give shout outs to Spyro and Crash trilogies, though I'd rank those a bit lower alongside Ezio trilogy, Zero/ZX, or Budokai collection.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano P5S? I thought that was a given? Shouldn't they be asking about P5R?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama Well the survey is for people who preordered P5R which makes it seem like Atlus hasn't started P5S localization and is using survey data to decide whether to localize it. I guess we know now why Japan gets Atlus games so much earlier.

Grumblevolcano

Tyranexx

I'd be down for another Paper Mario, and especially a TTYD port. I've only played Color Splash and Super Paper Mario, but I enjoyed both. CS's battle system was pretty lacking and I absolutely hated a mechanic that killed progression a little, but I enjoyed the characters, aesthetic, main theme, and some of the writing.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but while I'm over the moon for 3D Mario remasters on the Switch....I'd rather them be released separately. I'd play an updated version of Super Mario 64 and have never played Super Mario Sunshine; those I'd definitely buy. While both Super Mario Galaxy games are amazing and deserve to be experienced by everyone, I'll be passing on those if it's just a HD lick of paint. Same with SM3DW. I can easily play those latter three whenever I want.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

I'm not sure to what degree they can just remaster Super Mario Sunshine. I think that game needs a little more tinkering. They need to fix the glitchy physics, alter the requirements to reach the final boss, and completely retool some levels like the poison river and the pachinko machine.

There are parts of Super Mario Sunshine that I absolutely love. But that game can get so damn tedious

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic