Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,041 to 47,060 of 69,988

TuVictus

I don't give enough credit to the eshop gold coins system. I've been buying all the final fantasy games on sale, and the accumulation of coins has made some purchases even cheaper. Got FF9 for about $6 instead of the $10 sale price. Not much of a difference, yeah, but it gives a very satisfying feeling that I enjoy

TuVictus

JaxonH

I've been saying that for a while.

10% off eShop cards via Raise + 1.5% back via CC + 5% back in Gold Coins = 16.5% Off

That's almost as much as the infamous GCU discount.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

So... Does anyone actually buy the new story on the front page?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/nintendo_to_remaste...

Supposedly we're getting most of the Mario titles either rereleased or remastered this year. Assuming it's true, I'm going to assume:

• Super Mario All-Stars released on NSO
  • Both Gameboy and N64 on NSO this year, for Land 1&2 and SMB 64.
  • The rumored 3D World port
  • Galaxy 1&2 HD or Sunshine HD

That'd only leave the first 3 NSMB titles missing and either Sunshine or the Galaxy duology, which is pretty close to the entire mainstream releases, while keeping this actually within reason.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Now would be a good time for NoA to bring back the voucher deal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@link3710 I don't believe It, at least for this year. Over the course of a couple years, yea I do. But not all.in 2020

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Emily Roger's, I believe, did say it was a year for Mario fans.

Honestly though I cant get excited for more old re-releases of Mario games. Especially tied to NSO. Too many amazing, more recent games dropping.

Now this... this looks rad. Like Sniper Elite Zombie Edition. Gyro included.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

^If only the gunplay and balancing weren't garbage. I would recommend that trilogy.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FragRed

Jason Schreier seems to confirm this along with Eurogamer so maybe there’s something in this.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

BruceCM

Never tried a paper Mario, so I might be interested .... I'll see what else they end up announcing! Probably not going to get most of the remastered old style games myself

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
So you're saying the gunplay is not good like Sniper Elite series? Ive never played so I cant say one way or another, but I'm willing to bet it's amazing with gyro added.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed As the rumour doesn't specifically say HD remaster, I think the situation is going to be a 3D World port and a bunch of games for NSO. Super Mario All Stars was part of that original SNES for NSO rumour for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Oh man, an HD Galaxy pack would be a dream come true. Bring it on. 3D World will also be awesome to give another shot. I wonder if they'll add or change anything about the remasters.
EDIT: Ah, Eurogamer rumors say 3D World will come with a host of new levels. Now that's amazing

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That is a good point though the word “remastered” is used to describe the releases which wouldn’t be something they would do for NSO. But I also never assumed it would be NES or SNES titles. I assume it would be kinda like what they did with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess in terms of basic updating. That can be easily outsourced.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DarkRula

As long as a new Mario Kart (or even Top 100) comes out of this, I'll be massively happy. But even without that, if I can get into Sunshine for the first time and replay 3D World - with new content - I'll still be happy.

I wonder if this is why the first half of the year feels barren. All out Mario domination in the second.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Well the terms remaster and port are used interchangeably plenty. Just like there was a lot of debate about whether Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was a remaster or a remake.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano My view is if it’s a game that’s been rebuilt from the ground up like the Crash Bandicoot games and Spyro trilogy then it’s a remake. A remaster is something I consider to be the same game just with a polished up assets like Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD though they can have some slightly changed controls or UI.

Dezzy

link3710 wrote:

So... Does anyone actually buy the new story on the front page?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/nintendo_to_remaste...

It's hard to know with stuff like this if we're actually getting several different sources claiming the same thing, or if we're just getting 1 source that's being repeated by 3 different sites, because they all want the clicks.

If it really is 3 different sources, then it's probably true. If it's only 1 source, who knows.

The Gematsu version claims that it includes a full remaster of Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. I dunno if I buy that. That seems like a hell of a lot of work, to all be released at once.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

It's weird if true why this wasn't in the Direct, would've been a perfect "one more thing" announcement after the Pokemon Sword/Shield expansion pass news.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

I'm remaining skeptical until further notice. With Nintendo stuff I always feel like there's enough rumors to just be completely debunked within time. Remember Star Fox GP?

Big if true though, I'd buy in. Love these games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic