Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,001 to 47,020 of 69,981

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea ive thought about it. But i Have two time sinks I'm playing atm(Animal crossing and ff7). So who knows when I'd even get to it lol.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@JaxonH let me know and I'll join you in storming the Gearbox twitter

link3710

JaxonH

I keep getting this glitch in my Switch Lite where any time it wakes up from sleep mode the Gyro doesn’t work properly. It’s happened in assassin‘s creed and it happened in metro redux and now it’s happening in saints row 4. The Gyro won’t move smoothly and it will stick or not move in diagonals...

I don’t know what the deal is but I think spoony mentioned the same thing happening to him. I want to call Nintendo and tell them to fix it but I’m afraid it’s just a glitch since a reset does fix the issue every single time, and there’s at least one other person I’ve heard from that has experienced the issue.

Makes me want to use my original Switch for handheld mode now, just so I don’t have to deal with this. At least, for games that have Gyro in them.

Also, how cool is it the Bravely Default II demo has cloud saves? That’s amazing. It means I can actually shoot my save over to my v2 Switch for TV play. And I hear the story is original so this is not a demo people will want to delete.

edit

Played the Trails of Cold Steel III demo and it’s fantastic. I read the story summary from the main menu of the demo first, so I feel invested in everything now. The game is excellent and the port quality is superb. This is a JRPG fans should not be sleeping on. Idk what else to say. There’s a demo. Try it for yourself. Well worth it. You can even read the story summary and be all caught up ready for when the game launches.

@link3710

😁

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Lucarianzx

Hey quick question, I might get ARMS physical because I can definitely pick it up for a cheaper price, is there a way to transfer save data from the trial version of ARMS to the game card version?

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Azooooz

@Lucarianzx Game data from Trial Version of ARMS can be transferred to full game, since Trial Version is basically a full game with limited time.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

Is anyone digging into all this goodness dropped over the weekend??

I feel like a kid in a candy store right now! But it seems like nobody else is taking advantage. Started the Bravely Default II demo again today, and finally completed the Wolf pelt side quest, leveled up, bought Caravan Coats for all 4 members to up their stats, and have now gotten into my groove.

Game has a fair bit of difficulty right out of the gate. The key is learning to default immediately in battle several times to save up attacks, then let loose all at once, especially when dealing with the wolves, which counterattack. If you hit them four times at once you will only get counterattacked once or twice, as opposed to hitting them once each turn which will equate to four counterattacks for the same damage.

I can’t believe how many great games are on offer right now just in demos! Played the Trails of Cold Steel demo until 2am last night, to the point I actually neglected Animal Crossing for the first day since I started playing. It was taking too long to get those 30 iron nuggets anyways at a rate of maybe one per day if I’m lucky.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH As much as I want to, I'm more focused on my existing backlog than dropping demos. I want to be a good ways through by the time the 2K collections + XC:DE drop.

link3710

Ralizah

I already engaged with Trails when the Jp demo dropped. It's a good conversion. Nothing I'll be bothering with any time in the near future, but a good-looking Switch game, and a really solid option if you were hoping for a portable version of the game. At this point, if you own a Switch and a Vita, you should be set to play all of the current released Trails games in the West portably.

Bravely Default 2... yeah, I played the demo.

I'm mainly busy with Animal Crossing, though. The game is an endless well of addictive busywork.

@JaxonH You should be getting at least one iron nugget from every rock. I usually get at least two.

Here's a tip: before you start whacking a rock, dig two holes right behind yourself and position yourself between them. When you hit a rock, it will normally knock you backward and make you miss out on a few of the resources because you have to waste time recovering your footing, but this will make it where you can rapidly attack the rock for maximum resources.

Also, I've taken to digging holes beside the rocks I've mined for resources. They disappear the next day, but the holes allow me to keep track of which rocks still need to be addressed.

You should have your ladder and vaulting pole at this point, right? Don't neglect to check your rocks on higher elevations as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

I want to crack into my backlog but being called an essential worker and even after a budget related hour cut I'm still set for 32 hour weeks. Just 4 shifts not 5. Plus in the current climate my mood around work has become a total rollercoaster.

Just picked up Saints Row 4, already have it elsewhere but may as well finish it. Good Job! is proving fun though not very deep.

Still got DOOM Eternal on PS4 to keep me going and loads in the backlog ranging in the hundreds.

I just want more time to do it and less time gleefully galavanting around the potentially infected asking for soap and pasta 🤣

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Haruki_NLI Well, thank you for your service. Hopefully your location isn't or doesn't become a hot zone. Is your place of employment taking precautions to protect you, at least?

NintendoByNature

I haven't gotten to the bravely default demo yet but i will. I'm super busy with animal crossing and ff7 atm. I've stopped playing the demo of trials of mana as ill grab day 1 anyway. Don't know enough about trails of cold steel to dive in honestly, but maybe down the road.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Ralizah
No ladder. Was wondering how to get up on higher ground.

Vault pole, yes. Not sure what you're referring to with holes by rocks though. When I whack, they break. Sometimes I get iron, sometimes its clay, sometimes it's a small rock. But only one hit and it breaks (provided my hunger gage is full, otherwise I bounce).

@Haruki_NLI
Playing Saints Row 4 now. Its great fun, and with gyro which is so nice. Have DOOM Eternal on PC, but waiting for Switch to dive in so I can play both versions together.

And I'm still working too. Manufacturing as an auto supplier is considered "essential" as well. Otherwise the entire supply Chain is broken. Feel fortunate. 420 of our 500 employees are laid off, yet I still have a job, albeit no overtime anymore. Had to rebudget and sell a few oz gold to pay off debts. Not a good time to owe money.

@link3710
Ah, so you're excited for the 2K games as well? It's the Vita dream finally realized. Vita owners believed Bioshock was coming but it never did. Now we're getting not just Bioshock, but all 3, remastered. Amazing. And I played the heck out of Borderlands 2 on Vita. One of my most played games on the system, actually. People were HYPED when Borderlands 2 was announced for Vita. Unbelievable hype. Now we're getting the first 3 games. So much Borderlands goodness.

And XCOM2? Vita got the first, but like Borderlands, it was a horrible port (didnt stop me from playing though). But XCOM freaking TWO? That's rich. They said screw the nonsense, go for it.

edit
Also, shouldn't neglect Burnout Paradise Remastered. One of the very few EA games I wanted brought over. Couldn't believe they weren't bringing it when it was first announced. And I refused to buy it as a result! If it ain't on Switch, I dont want it. I'll buy it if/when we see a Switch version.

And now here it is (and 60fps, which wasnt needed but is very much appreciated).

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

Panzer Dragoon was fun though didn't last me long but I guess Star Fox being quite the varied franchise gave me unrealistic expectations for game length. Still glad I bought it though and I hope it does well enough that more Saturn and Dreamcast games come to modern platforms.

My Switch focus has turned back to DQXIS. It and a few shorter games like Ori and Spyro Trilogy (2, 3) won't be enough to last me until May 22nd so I'm balancing XB1 and Switch at the moment. Xbox Live seems to have become more stable over the past few days.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I want to ask about villagers in ACNH.
After i got 2 starter villagers (Jock and Uchi), do i have to search the 3rd until 10th villagers by myself or they will randomly spawned on my island like on ACNL ?

Anti-Matter

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah I work for a company that has no sick pay so if I choose time off I get nothing. If we close I get paid 80% of my 16 hour contract by the government.

As for protections, 40 customers in the store at maximum at any one time, 2m distancing next to impossible. Barely anything to do. Would like less hours for safety (and I haven't done my actual job since January, and someone just stepped down back into that position so I wonder why) but I'm also the only earner in my house so I need to keep working because I get Jack all otherwise.

@JaxonH Saints 4 was always fun but it ran...dubiously on PS4. Interested to see how this turns out.

And as I said, I'm glad I'm still working but the mental toll this is having on me along with how I'm treated and slowly being replaced with the only indication being cryptic hints from people that just made me panic with no indication it was happening from anyone higher up until AFTER the fact...and the fact my colleagues treat me like general garbage....meh. It's money but being public facing is high risk now. And I was anxious of humans previously...

I'm asking for 24 hours maximum, and to just be moved back into what I did before, since I haven't done by current position in weeks and the previous person popped up. At least then I know what my job is and can do it comfortably enough.

And have time for the backlog

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter You need to go to other islands and recruit villagers. So far, they don't seem to just randomly show up like in New Leaf.

@JaxonH Alright, there's your problem. ONLY hit rocks when you have no fruit energy in you. Without fruit energy, you'll be able to mine 6 - 8 resources (clay, stone, iron, etc.) from every rock you hit. The only reason to bother destroying a rock, really, is if you've already mined it and want one more resource out of it. Or want it out of the way, I guess. I can think of better uses for fruit energy, though. It's not efficient.

The reason I mention digging holes behind you is to prevent that bounce effect from pushing you away from the rock. After you start hitting the rock, the number of resources you can gain is controlled by a timer, so if you waste any time regaining your footing, you'll lose one or two potential drops from each rock.

@Haruki_NLI Well, depending on the job, there are protections. They could provide hand sanitizer. If you work as a cashier or at a desk, they could put a plexiglass plate, or some other solid material, in front of you to shield you from potential viral particles emitted by infected customers. And so on.

No sick pay sucks. That's the sort of policy that's going to damn us, because people will keep coming in even if they're sick so as not to lose a paycheck.

Edited on by Ralizah

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Sounds to me like a software bug if reseting the console fixes it. Which means it might well get fixed in the next "stability update" that everyone loves to mock.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

AndyD

hey guys, for pre-ordering...what is the best way to do that right now for shipping Amazon, Gamestop, or best buy or wal-mart or just download

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

ralphdibny

Didn't know where else to post this but there was a free game in the offers section of the EU eshop called pocket mini golf.

It seemed to have some conditions to have a 100% discount but it's by qubicgames so I assume that it's because I picked up their ten free games over Xmas that I met the sale conditions on this release.

Check it out if you did the same and want a free game!

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic