Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,981 to 47,000 of 69,981

Late

@Grumblevolcano I knew I'd seen it before. I thought it was in the Switch reveal presentation. Didn't even think about the possibility of it being earlier but now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing it played on a Wii U gamepad.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

IceClimbers

The eShop page for Clubhouse Games mentions that they're going to release free complementary software allowing for download play!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

After watching the Japanese broadcast of the most recent Direct mini is looks as though Shiren the Wanderer is coming to Switch. Pretty cool, Shiren the Wanderer is arguable the best in the mystery dungeon genre.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MsJubilee

Finished Steins Gate Elite(even got all the endings) last night, I have to say what a cruel journey. Worth the slow burn in the beginning, well with this game knocked out of my backlog, I can finally try out Fire Emblem Three Houses.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

Between the Direct Mini and other games like Shantae and the Seven Sirens it feels like the gaming industry believes the week beginning May 25th is when the lockdowns end.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I have it on good authority that this whole thing will be resolved by Easter.

/s

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GrailUK

What happened to Squadron 51 by Loomiarts? That game looked amazing and has been missing for well over a year

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

believes the week beginning May 25th is when the lockdowns end.

If it's not officially ended by the then, I think the general public will unofficially end it. People will refuse to keep this up for more than 2 months.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

My copy of Animal Crossing should be getting in today. A bit nervous if I'll like it because it was a bit of an impulse buy (never played one before) based on the hype & the fact that I decided to forgo my plan to buy RE: Origins Collection (just don't want to play anything too dark at the moment, what with all going on in the world).

A lot of stuff to look forward to in the future as well. I like the look of Panzer Dragoon, and am looking forward to Shantae, Xenoblade Chronicles DE, and even Clubhouse Games. Of course, if we get through all this I'm sure I'll eventually be in the mood to try going for the RE games again (and DMC).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

rallydefault

@Dezzy
I don't disagree with you, but it's a shame some can't see the forest for the trees. (I am biased as I fall into a high-risk group for the virus, and someone in my family recently caught it )

rallydefault

JaxonH

Panzer Dragoon remake is good. But the lack of any save feature is a critical hit against it. I also can’t help but notice how much gyro would help the game feel more modern. Aiming without Gyro with an analog just feels too stiff. It’s 2020. These companies need to get with the times. Thank God for PC were you can actually map gyro to anything. At least most switch games do it but, this one didn’t and that really sucks.

Saints Row 4 is a blast. I know a lot of people said the third game was better but honestly, I’m liking this one so much, I might even rate it higher than SR3. Gyro is in Day One, and it’s just a really fun game. Vulgar at times, so if you’re anything like me you’ll have to overlook that, but if you can brush it off there really is a solid game here.

Bioshock on Switch is a monumental win for us. People have been wanting that series on handheld for the last decade. When Vita launched, rumor was the original Bioshock was coming to the system... but it fizzled out and Bioshock never came. A few years later, Bioshock Infinite released (I believe as a cross gen title?) and I remember my friend at work telling me how amazing it was. I am blown away that not only are we getting A Bioshock game, we’re getting ALL THREE.

Borderlands on Switch is also something people have been clamoring for quite intensely. Back when Bulletstorm was announced I remember all the complaints, “Why not Borderlands?”. I remember when Borderlands Remastered dropped, and people wondered why not Switch? Well, not only is the remaster coming, we’re ALSO getting Borderlands 2 AND Borderlands Pre-Sequel from the Handsome Collection. Every game in the series except B3 (which is understandable- The previous games are a much better fit for the hardware and will look immaculate on the Switch screen).

X-COM 2. Yes please. The original X-COM released on Vita, but the system just wasn’t powerful enough to run it without crazy amounts of frame drops and pop in. Never thought we’d actually get the NEW one, though I had hopes given the success of Civilization VI. This is the one strategy game that can probably rival Fire Emblem and Civilization. Basically if it’s not from Firaxis or Intelligent Systems, I don’t want it. Well, that’s not true actually... in fact that’s not true at all now that I think about it. There are a number of more niche strategy games that I have enjoyed over the years. Notably Stella Glow on 3DS, Jeanne d’Arc on PSP, Mario Rabbids and Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4.

Catherine. This is huge. This is one of Atlus’ most beloved games. I didn’t really get into it because the puzzles were hard and they frustrated me after a few early deaths. But I’d be willing to give it another shot, seeing as I enjoy everything more on the Nintendo switch. Hopefully there will be a difficulty setting or something.

Shiren the Wanderer is indeed coming to Switch, and it is indeed one of the best of the genre. It’s the one game in the genre I’ve actually been hoping would come to the system. Shantae 5 looks great too. And that Kingdom something strategy game looks intriguing.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Bravely Default II and Trails of Cold Steel III and Trials of Mana though.... Oh man.... Ohhhh ohhh ohhh man. We’re about to get quad-plexed with JRPG classics. Sumo stomped with masterpieces of the genre. What more is there to say. Play the demos! There’s a demo out for every single one of these games barring Xenoblade!

May 28-29 is going to be one for the history books. I’ve seen entire conole launch windows that didn’t have a lineup as good as what we’re going to see in that 24 hour time frame. I’ve seen November release lineups that don’t even compare this- we’re getting 8 or 9 absolute must-play titles all at once. Probably 1000 hours of some of the best high-quality gaming you can get your hands on.

But I swear, if Borderlands doesn’t have gyro... we riot. BioShock, I would prefer to have it but, it doesn’t necessarily need it. It’s not a very typical FPS kind of game. It’s much slower paced, story driven, and experiential. I’m hoping it does but it’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t. But Borderlands? Yes, that will be the end of the world. We will storm the Gearbox twitter account.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

anyone buy any good games on the switch lately that are for sale around 1 euro to 5 euro ?

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

is that game BLACKMOOR 2 any good. I'm asking about the multiplayer, is there many people using the multiplayer in the game.

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan I haven't played it myself but runner 3 is supposed to be good and I think is on sale

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@RR529 we can be first time animal crossers together 😊. Never played a game in the series either. Picked up my copy today and should crack it open tomorrow.

Edit: regarding re origins. Have you played any re games yet? I would recommend 4 or 5, or even revelations is awesome. I tried playing 0 and 1 again last year and it was hard to get back into it.

Dmc though is rock solid. I can at least vouche for 1 and 3. And although it is gothic and you're saying monsters, Dante is pretty funny, and can lighten the mood.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

RR529

@NintendoByNature, already played the first DMC and enjoyed it despite it's rough edges. My next one will probably be 2, even though I know it's considered the weakest.

Never played any RE games before (except for Degeneration, a mobile title before the age of microtransactions that played like RE4, but in an airport). When I decide to make the jump I'll start with REmake HD, just to see where it all started (I've already played through DMC & Onimusha, so the old school design is something I know I can deal with).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@RR529 ok sounds good. I also played dmc1+3 and onimusha. Re 1 and 0 just feel different than those two. Healing items are rare and saves have to be held to a minimum( you save thru ink ribbons and they're limited). So It's a little harder but maybe youll enjoy it .

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Ninfan I haven't played it myself but runner 3 is supposed to be good and I think is on sale

@NintendoByNature that game isn't very good. I bought bit trip saga on 3ds which is the same as runner 3. I really wouldn't buy it its a waste of 20 euro..

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic