Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,941 to 46,960 of 47,836

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Don’t get this fascination with the various Digital storefronts. They all work the same to me. I load it up, search for the game I want, buy it, then close it down. Same as physical Retail shops, I go in knowing what I want because I’ve done my research beforehand.

That's how I feel, lol, but apparently people really struggle with navigating store pages

Nahhhh, there's a massive range in quality of digital storefronts. Things like recommendations for other games you might like, and then ratings systems for user reviews or professional reviews, and the ability to search through games using various criteria. These are all helpful.

Steam is probably the best in my opinion. Switch is probably the worst. Wii U was quite bad. 3DS was OKish. PS4 and Xbox One are both better than any of the Nintendo ones, but worse than Steam.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

3DS eShop was the weirdest thing more than anything. It was just...random categories randomly appearing for no reason. And important stuff was made annoying to find like...adding funds...?

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

MuhBael

@kkslider5552000 Oh yeah the 3DS E-Shop was a complete mess and really slow too.

MuhBael

Switch Friend Code: SW-0047-2458-9996 | My Nintendo: Martin685

link3710

@New_Guest Oh yeah, it's like that on PS4, but the issue remains that if I'm not looking at the PS4 at that exact moment for whatever reason I'll miss it. Plus, it's disruptive when it happens during a cutscene.

@electrolite77 I'm curious if you've used the PS4 one. If you have, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong that the pages will never load so I can't actually buy anything without opening and closing it several times. It's actually harder to use than 3DS, and that should be the worst of any eshop ever made.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Atomic77

I personally think eshops get better with every system. As a older gamer 42 years old and not having very many experience with systems other than Nintendo I don’t really know too much about what other eshops are like.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch Lite Gamer

EvilLucario

Idk, I never just sit there browsing for any game on my consoles. If I want to know of a game, I'm on my phone or PC looking it up. So I personally can't really relate.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

electrolite77

@Dezzy @link3710

I think the PS4 one is dreadful, in fact a good example of what I’m talking about. I only use it to look for something specific or download Plus games and it makes that difficult. I’m on a Pro and it still isn’t exactly quick. I don’t need video playing in the background just let me quickly get to what I want and get out.

It’s got a Basket so that’s something though.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Octane

@electrolite77 The PS browser store works better. So I tend to buy stuff from my PC. It console store works fine if you know what you're looking for, but I don't really like browsing it.

Octane

JaxonH

Steam is amazing. But you can very easily get lost going down the rabbit hole of recommendations and similar games.

It’s definitely the gold standard. But at the end of the day I know all the games that release on Switch. If I don’t buy it right away, I wish list it so that I don’t forget about it.

As long as you do that, the only thing you’ll ever have to do on the store is go take a look at your wish list.

PLAYING
NS: Wolfenstein 2, TMS#FE, ACIV: Black Flag, DQXIS
PC: The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein New Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
PC: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

Buizel

Switch is the only storefront that I can bare using through the console itself. The PS and XB storefronts are definitely far worse imo - I find it a lot easier using a browser for these.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

rallydefault

I hate the Xbox store. I would even put eShop over it.

But yea, 99% of the time I've done my research before going to purchase a digital game. The only time this isn't true is when I'm in the mood to scroll through the Deals tab for half an hour.

I'm not the best to judge by, though. I decided to still go physical media with Switch, so I only have a few games from the eShop.

rallydefault

Cotillion

JaxonH wrote:

Steam is amazing. But you can very easily get lost going down the rabbit hole of recommendations and similar games.

It’s definitely the gold standard. But at the end of the day I know all the games that release on Switch. If I don’t buy it right away, I wish list it so that I don’t forget about it.

As long as you do that, the only thing you’ll ever have to do on the store is go take a look at your wish list.

This is exactly the extent I use the eShop. See a game that I like on another source, like this site, search it on eShop and put it on wishlist.
I don't get why Nintendo is so afraid to allow reviews and recommendations. I have discovered so many great games just from going down that rabbit hole on Steam that I never would have even heard of otherwise, especially when I start looking at curators that have similar tastes. Of course Steam also gets the idiot reviews, which is what I assume Nintendo is afraid of, but it's so easy to know which those are.
Heck, I've seen games here that I've been interested in and know they had a PC release, so I'l go to Steam or GoG to check out the user reviews.

Cotillion

MsJubilee

Wow, AI The Somnuim Files loves throwing curveballs at you. It's fantastic to say the least.

I've died, there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end.

I am reading Roadside Picnic & The second novel of The Saga of Tanya The Evil. Also, patiently waiting for issue 10 of The Saga of Tanya The Evil.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Knighty_IX

@MsJubilee Just finished Psyncing with Mayumi and wow that was a really beautiful and sad memory to play through (I can't stop crying). I'm really loving AI: The Somnium Files so far.

Edit: I just finished it, and I loved every moment of it. It was a truly wonderful experience.

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Silly_G

Vent alert...

So I bought the Let's Go Pikachu console bundle for the exclusive Joy-Con, dock, and console, but I hadn't been around to actually transferring everything over until about a month ago.

The Let's Go console has been inferior in practically every way. Two dead pixels out of the box, what appears to be interlacing artefacts (I experienced similar when "upgrading" from the original DS to the DS Lite, which also had the same issue, likely due to an inferior screen), and just after playing Tetris 99, the screen now has a blotchy defect that lingers so long as the console is on. I could swear that the battery life is noticably worse as well.

I'm tempted to go through the tedium of transfering everything back to my non-tainted launch Switch. Ugh... and all that for the stupid Pikachu/Eevee decal on the back of the console that I rarely see anyway.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

MuhBael

That sucks I suppose it can't be fixed?

MuhBael

Silly_G

Nintendo refuses to acknowledge dead pixels as a problem worth fixing, and I imagine that the cheaper screen that they used for this model would have to be replaced entirely, but again, Nintendo wouldn't acknowledge it as an issue. The screen itself isn't faulty, but evidently poorer quality than the one used for my launch Switch, which does not display any interlacing artefacts.

I have had dead pixels on some of my 3DSes as well (and I own a few).

I have never sent anything in to Nintendo for repair or even brought these issues to their attention, which is likely not helping with their complacent and sloppy attitude to quality control, and they don't particularly make it easy to contact them either.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

MsJubilee

MsJubilee wrote:

Wow, AI The Somnuim Files loves throwing curveballs at you. It's fantastic, to say the least.

I just finished it. Going to miss these characters, I truly am.

I've died, there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end.

I am reading Roadside Picnic & The second novel of The Saga of Tanya The Evil. Also, patiently waiting for issue 10 of The Saga of Tanya The Evil.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MuhBael

@Silly_G if I were you I would have sent it to any store that fixes these kind of problems. doesn't necessarily has to be Nintendo

MuhBael

NintendoByNature

@Silly_G that stinks man. I don't know how Nintendo customer service is normally in Australia, but Nintendo of America is usually pretty helpful when I've called in. Whether it's getting refunded, or fixing my joy con( back at launch when it kept disconnecting). I know that doesn't help your situation but you might have to consider a repair shop if Nintendo doesn't want to help which is a shame. Sorry to hear. I've had a few issues with my switchs as well..

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic