Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,921 to 46,940 of 69,964

RR529

Some of the levels were pretty brutal, but I managed to clear the first post game world in Banana Blitz HD today. One more world to go.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

Another backlog title completed, Daemon X Machina was fun and they improved the feel of combat a lot since the demo in February. I am a bit disappointed though that 1 rather easy bonus boss was the only postgame content.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TrainerX493

Just posting here to say that Slay the Spire 2.0 update with the 4th character is coming out tomorrow (the 23rd).

TrainerX493

Ninfan

is phantasy star 2 available on switch ?

Ninfan

RR529

I was thinking about getting DMC 2 or finally trying out the RE series with the Origins Collection as my next game, but with everything that's going on in the world I really don't fancy playing anything particularly dark at the moment.

Maybe I'll grab a JRPG or finally see what all the fuss is about regarding Animal Crossing instead.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Ya I went ahead and bought it. $4.99 is fine. With gyro, worth it.

Can I just say Animal Crossing is pure fire. I can’t believe how addictive and fun this game is. I just got done with a 4 hour binge. Third day playing in a row. Today I managed to pay off my move-in fees, get a loan for a house which is being built tomorrow, expanded my pocket storage by 50%, got access to the vault pole to reach new areas, got access to the shovel, got access to the slingshot and popped some floating balloon gifts, found five or six different fossils and enough bugs to start construction on the museum on Blathers very first day in the tent. Even Blathers said something about it being so fast to be done on his first day on the island.

The first couple days saw slow progress but man has it ramped up on day three. I caught so many different kinds of fish, insects, fossils, got stung by bees no less than three times, got all kinds of items for my new house, including a pet squid in an aquarium that actually lights up when you walk up and press the A button lol...

I know the game is popular, but I feel like this is the kind of game that will never be credited by most who aren’t in the know, and haven’t actually played it for themselves. This is the best game I have played in quite some time. And I’ve played a lot of great games, even recently. It’s just so different than anything I’ve really experienced before, and it’s exactly the kind of calming experience I needed in my life at this moment. I played New Leaf, don’t get me wrong, but I just didn’t get into it. I didn’t necessarily dislike it, in fact I do recall liking what I played, but it was no different than liking any other game that’s pretty good. What they’ve created here is nothing short of a masterpiece that will be a highlight of the Switch library for years to come.

Btw, the charm, amazing visuals and slick clothing just screams “Splatoon 2 devs”

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

I got through the first 4 worlds of New Super Lucky's Tale and it's fantastic. Weird though that this improved version of the game didn't also come to XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Ninfan wrote:

is phantasy star 2 available on switch ?

Phantasy Star Online 2? It's only available in Japan, and it's a streaming version, so even if you managed to log into the game the framerate would be unbearable if played outside of Japan.

The original Phantasy Star II? Go purchase the Sega Classics Collection.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
That's probably been my favorite game I've played in the last few months. Not quite challenging enough across the board, but just an excellent platformer. Really hoping for another one.

rallydefault

Xyphon22

I'm playing New Super Lucky's Tale right now, too. I'm only about halfway through World 2, but it is a lot of fun. Definitely on the easy side, but there is a lot of variety to the types of levels already. A really good game if you like any kind of platformer, really, not just 3D ones.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MsJubilee

Wow, Steins Gate Elite is breaking my heart, did not expect that.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoWiiDS

I’ve returned to Team Sonic Racing and I have to say it’s a really solid and fun kart racer. The team mechanics are really inventive and make the game stand out in comparison to MK8 DX and CTR. But man, the online servers on Switch were completely abandoned about a week after release and TSR’s release date being exactly a month before CTR’s launch pretty much killed all interest in the game for many. No matter how good the game was, it could not surmount the sheer hype of the return of a classic and highly-revered PS1 kart racer and that’s a crying shame. TSR is always on sale so I recommend giving it a test drive.

NintendoWiiDS

Ralizah

@MsJubilee First time experiencing S;G?

Yeah, it gets pretty heavy.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

rallydefault

@Xyphon22
For sure. Even getting everything isn't challenging, but it's still a lot of fun.

rallydefault

NintendoWiiDS

@Fritz_ I got 18 hoping it was feature complete, but it wasn’t. I hoped 19 would improve on it but there wasn’t a lot of work done in that department. I think EA giving Switch owners a legacy edition only three entries in is absolutely disgusting and I didn’t want to reward their lack of effort.

NintendoWiiDS

gcunit

@Fritz_ Having one FIFA on Switch is pretty essential if you are at all into football games. But having more than one is almost pointless. I bought 18 and didn't see enough different about 19 to justify it. Plus FIFA is still my most played Switch game and I was playing FIFA at the expense of a lot of other games, so I don't really play it enough now to justify another purchase cos I just get hooked on it and don't play anything else so force myself to avoid it.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Fritz_ I don't even know what VOLTA is. What is it?

Edit: I just looked it up. Small sided games. Perhaps, I'd need to test it out.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

AndyD

So, I purchased a switch lite and physical copy of ACNH for me to play on a separate island, while my wife plays on the regular Switch on her island. This way we could travel and enjoy the game fully and still visit each others islands with ease. BUT I am wondering, I tried setting the Switch lite (which I am using) as the primary console, and when I did she could not play any games on the regular Switch including the downloaded version of ACNH we had on the regular switch. So I switched it back for now. Any reason why she or the kids couldn't access games on the regular switch even though it wasn't my primary, it was still constantly connected to the internet.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Heavyarms55

@scubydo You cannot have one account active on two devices at the same time. Nintendo does this so you can't just have a bunch of people share accounts and have one purchase of a game be playable at the same time for a bunch of people.

You should use a different account on your Lite to avoid that. It might stink to restart your island but you could always dump all your stuff on your wife's island, start over, and go pick it all up later.

@MsJubilee Lol, yup. It gets really heavy. Such an awesome VN!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic