Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,761 to 46,780 of 47,112

redd214

@JaxonH That's like saying a Zebra looks totally different from a normal horse, without the stripes they're basically the same. I'm not knocking them for it but replace Link and Zelda in that trailer with the same exact environment/aesthtic and you'd 100% think it was a BOTW2 trailer.

redd214

darkfenrir

By the way, do people here still plays Ring Fit? How is it going?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

JaxonH

@redd214
Eh... I’m just not seeing it. It shows a large spanning shot with cel shaded graphics, but that’s about where the similarities end. And the more you look at it the more different it looks from Zelda.

It’s kind of like saying Mario looks like crash because they both have cell shading and platforms.

There is a minor resemblance but it’s way over blown.

@redd214
Bioshock and Metro Redux... they need gyro.

Give me gyro or give me death!

PLAYING
NS: Tokyo Mirage Sessions, AC Rebel Collection, The Witcher 3
PC: Pillars of Eternity 2

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
PC: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

Zuljaras

@redd214 Please let that be true!!! And let it be the first game with 2 cartridges inside the case!

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter
Playing Girlie games in HD on Nintendo Switch is like a dream comes true. 😘

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

klingki

Sweet, BioShock is a series I've always really wanted to play!

klingki

La-weejee

Playing adult games in HD on the Nintendo switch is a dream come true 😘

La-weejee

Grumblevolcano

Smash stream on Thursday:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@NotTelevision To be fair, that's why MercurySteam is perfect to make the next 2D game. Basically every change they made to Samus Returns (and there were a lot) worked well and was loved by the community. I'd be highly surprised to see stuff like the super abilities and melee counters not become staples of the series. Like Zero Mission before it, it managed to innovate the franchise successfully while being a remake.

And the smash stream is yet more evidence that my April direct theory is holding water...

Edited on by link3710

link3710

redd214

Better than nothing but like most was hoping for a regular direct. More smash is always good though!

@link3710 you think there won't be a direct until April?!?!!! The internet will burn if they take that long lol!

redd214

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano think that probabaly confirms Dante for smash huh? The last dmc3 update that was posted last week said look for news on the 16th.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@redd214 Yeah, I think we'll get an Animal Crossing Direct in February, another Indie World in March, and then a Direct mini in April revealing titles for April (a shadow drop eShop), June (major family friendly title) and July (Wii U port) plus some 3rd party ports in April. Then we'll get a Pokemon direct in May for the Armor expansion plus an FE direct for the Story DLC, and a full direct in June for E3.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Anti-Matter

So, that will be Direct for Smash Bros game only ? 🙄
Well... I don't need to watch the Direct unless it's Nintendo Direct.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I thought it would be either Dante or Monster Hunter because of the Resident Evil spirit event. The DMC3 news suggests Dante.

@link3710 I don't think Nintendo's investors would be satisfied with no concrete future for Switch stuff so with your prediction are you expecting a "Twitter Direct" type thing like January last year where sometime before March 20th Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, Bravely Default II and/or No More Heroes III gets release dates?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano You mean the January one? Honestly, no. I believe the investor briefing will focus on:
Smash DLC in Feb
FE Story DLC in May (revealed via Twitter, no details about contents til the direct)
Isle of Armor in June
New Mobile Game launching Fall
Pokemon DLC2 in Fall

And overall a huge focus on continuing support for Mario Kart Tour, Super Mario Maker 2, Smash Bros, FE, Pokemon, etc

Also, I expect to see release windows that were previously unannounced for BDII, and maybe XC:DE (not NMH III, they aren't publishing), but won't show up on Twitter first.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I was talking about last January a lot of people thought there'd be a general Direct on the 10th as the last known game with a release date (NSMBU Deluxe) came on the 11th but on the 8th we got the following as tweets separated by 30 minutes:

• NSO January games
  • Yoshi's Crafted World release date
  • FFX/X-2 HD and FFXII release dates
  • Dragon's Dogma announcement

So then the last known game with a release date was March 29th (Yoshi) for 1st party and April 30th (FFXII) for 3rd party of which a general Direct happened before Yoshi released (February 13th).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

If dante is in fact announced as the 5th fighter, i wonder if they announce that a preorder of dmc3 gives you Dante as a preorder bonus? And if you bought the fighter pass, you just get a discount on dmc3?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

PikPi

Bioshock on Switch would be amazing, especially since they're Xbox 360-era games, so there shouldn't be too much downgrading being done to get it on there

PikPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic