Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,741 to 46,760 of 47,712

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano see i was in the other camp thinking delay of prime 4 meant they should announce trilogy to hold over fans. Then again id even be fine with a new 2d.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

scubydo

Puzzle and dragons handheld only ??

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

rallydefault

Prime 4 is happening this year. I'm almost sure of it.

(Until it doesn't happen and then I never said anything.)

rallydefault

JaxonH

So, the word from a credible insider (or at least, one vetted to have actual sources) says there’s a 2D Metroid coming and it’s not a Super Metroid remake. Indicates a sequel to Samus Returns, probably by Mercury Steam. Also that Paper Mario will see a return to form, though it’s not clear if that means new entry or Thousand Year Door remake. Either way fans should be happy.

And at the very least, one Halo is coming, if not the entire MCC. And we already know Pikmin 3 is coming, and Prime Trilogy (though it’s painful waiting after the delay of Prime 4 clearly pushed it back... maybe this will be the year, but if not will probably see the 2D Metroid and then the trilogy next year, with Prime 4 in 2022).

PLAYING
NS: Wolfenstein 2, TMS#FE, ACIV: Black Flag, DQXIS
PC: The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein New Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
PC: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH ...wouldn't a sequel to Samus Returns be a remake of Super Metroid?

@scubydo I'm not sure how you'd pull off P&D gameplay without a touchscreen, so it being handheld only makes a lot of sense.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

link3710

@Ralizah Have you seen the Metroid timeline? They'll squeeze in a game anywhere to avoid moving the story past Fusion

@JaxonH I'd love to know the source on those claims. Three years in a row of Metroid sounds too good to be true. I do totally believe that MercurySteam is working on another 2D Metroid though, they've been way too quiet. We've literally never gone this long in their history without knowing at least one title they're working on. And Super Metroid isn't in need of a remake considering we literally just got a remake, and three 2Ds ago was a remake as well. They clearly know how to handle Metroid, so let them at it.

I'd buy Halo on Switch if it came just for the novelty factor, but I highly doubt that's real. Paper Mario, on the other hand, they basically need to backpeddle on after two extremely poorly received titles in a row, so that seems more a matter of when than if.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 SM happens RIGHT AFTER M2, though. There's no room to squeeze.

NintendoByNature

Playing thru metroid zero mission atm so i got more metroid fever. As much as i loved fusion I think I like this more. Besides fusion, the only other metroid game I've finished was metroid 2, so the more they bring over the better. I still have to go back and finish super metroid and samus returns

Edited on by NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Given how MCC is, I don't see just 1 coming if any regarding the games in MCC. If any did come there could be a PC type setup where the launch version just has Reach and then it's updated when each new game is added.

Feels unlikely though would be fantastic. MCC would be my 2nd most wanted Xbox game on Switch, 1st of course being Rare Replay.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

I too don't think it's likely, but if they ported, even just the old versions of Halo 1-3 and Reach on Switch, I would buy them all, even if they were full price, 60 dollar releases. Yeah, I mean it. Halo basically ended for me with Reach - I just didn't like 4. But the first 3 and Reach I really enjoyed and would happily play again - I am just not buying a new Xbox or Gaming PC to do it. My old 360 died. Not red ring, just flat dead. No idea what happened, I plug it in, press the power button and nothing happens.

The big games for me this year are Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Chronicles.

But Tokyo Mirage Sessions and The Outer Worlds both look interesting.

If the Prime Trilogy rumor is real I'd grab that too. I seriously doubt MP4 will be this year. Not too interested in Bayonetta 3 or No More Heroes 3. Just not my taste.

I'd also love ports of Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3 (Pikmin Trilogy maybe?) and Mario 3D world.

I also don't expect LoZ BOTW 2 this year. But I do think that one is more likely than MP4. Just because they could go the route of, essentially a rom hack of BOTW using the same engine with new content.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Atomic77

Ain’t no telling what Nintendo is going to do because Nintendo does what the others don’t.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch Lite Gamer

NotTelevision

Metroid is strange franchise for Nintendo since I think they know Samus is up there with Mario and Link (in iconic status) for people who have been playing since the NES days, but the games have been mechanically inconsistent for years. They want to innovate and try new things with Metroid, but many of their new ideas don’t stick.

Hopefully they are able to figure it out this gen, because the series deserves some new life.

NotTelevision

kkslider5552000

NotTelevision wrote:

They want to innovate and try new things with Metroid, but many of their new ideas don’t stick.

This is actually like a lot of their franchises tbh.

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Zero Mission is the high water mark of the series in general, imo. Absolutely fantastic game. And, of course, it blessed us with Samus in her zero suit.

NotTelevision

@kkslider5552000 True. Could’ve said the same thing about StarFox. Panzer Dragoon is one I’m looking forward to since it seems like tradition rail shooters, like classic SF, are basically extinct. Want my fix.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah I actually just finished it 😊. Credits rolling as we speak. I absolutely loved it to pieces.

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NotTelevision wrote:

They want to innovate and try new things with Metroid, but many of their new ideas don’t stick.

This is actually like a lot of their franchises tbh.

Given that we haven't had a Prime game for so long, I'd frankly be fine with a really safe and conservative installment in the series, that pretty much just redoes some of the highlights of the first 3 games, but with more advanced environments and better graphics and special effects.

Then if that sells well, they can get super creative with Prime 5.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

Genshin Impact is now coming to Switch.

You’ll recognize this one as the “BotW clone” that people were destroying PS4s over... and now it’s coming to Switch lol 😂

Honestly though I never got that criticism at all... the game looks totally different

PLAYING
NS: Wolfenstein 2, TMS#FE, ACIV: Black Flag, DQXIS
PC: The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein New Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
PC: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@link3710 @Ralizah Samus knocks her head in between the games, becomes unconscious and goes on an adventure in her dreaaams...!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Maybe Super Metroid, Other M and Fusion are visions of the future kind of like with Shulk seeing the future with the monado and a new sequel to Samus Returns renders those 3 games non-canon. Miyamoto managed to make Star Fox Adventures, Assault and Command non-canon via Star Fox Zero for example.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic