Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,341 to 46,360 of 47,176

redd214

Streets of rage was the only thing that enticed me. All the rest was forgettable unfortunately.

redd214

MsJubilee

@JaxonH They were Steins Gate 0 & My Darlings Embrace( spinoff).
@Ralizah I'm guessing Shantae 5 was a timed exclusive to Google Stadia, but Wayforward doesn't want to say anything on it.
Shame the newly released Steins Gate don't have a physical release(at this moment).

I've died, there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Metro 2034 & The second novel of The Saga of Tanya The Evil, also reading the manga 5-8 at the moment( both are stellar may I add).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

Some of the delayed releases of King of Cards and Showdown made it on time:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

SuperMash was my favorite new announcement from the indie presentation. Skate Bird was kind of..."meh" for my gaming taste. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD will get an LRG physical release as it did on PS Vita. And the hype is real for Streets of Rage 4.

Axiom Verge 2, I'm cautiously optimistic. It'll be tough to duplicate the brilliance of the first game. Which is still my favorite Metroidvania I've played since Super Metroid. I wonder who'll publish Axiom Verge 2 considering how poorly BadLand Publishing treated Tom Happ?

Nintendo themselves perhaps?

Edit: Looks as though Tom Happ is self-publishing Axiom Verge 2.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/axiom-verge-2-switch/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 516 games (as of January 22nd, 2020)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Trails of Cold Steel (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

scubydo

Well, I just dipped my wallet into some indie games that are on sale on the eshop...I REALLY need to get that bigger SD card. All I have is a 200GB...and I am all digital in my purchases. I am having to archive way too many games.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

NintendoByNature

@Magician super mash, axiom verge 2, and sports story, and SoR4 were all big ones for me. Really excited to see how super mash turns out and how much freedom you actually have to create

NintendoByNature

link3710

@scubydo I'd say see if you can find the 512 GB for about 60$ if you're in the US, it's probably the best bang for your buck right now, no point going to a 1 TB when they'll probably be a quarter of the price by next black Friday.

link3710

NotTelevision

Sail Forth is a concept I really like. Loved the sailing and exploration of Wind Waker and the sea battles of Black Flag and this could be the best of both worlds. It’s kind of a bummer that some of the more ambitious 3D games by indie devs haven’t hit the mark cough Pine, so I’m hoping this one is good.

NotTelevision

GameOtaku

Speaking of Atlus its been 2 years since they announced SMT 5 and no new details at all. Yet they always keep us updated as long as it's Persona. Really hoping P5 comes to switch. It's never been said that Persona is a Sony exclusive neither has SMT been declared a switch. Ever since the GameCube era you can't put much stock in exclusivity (looking at you RE 4).

GameOtaku

Magician

GameOtaku wrote:

Speaking of Atlus its been 2 years since they announced SMT 5 and no new details at all. Yet they always keep us updated as long as it's Persona. Really hoping P5 comes to switch. It's never been said that Persona is a Sony exclusive neither has SMT been declared a switch. Ever since the GameCube era you can't put much stock in exclusivity (looking at you RE 4).

I'm baffled by the lack of Atlus's support of the Switch. They've been huge supporters of Nintendo portables in the past. Etrian Odyssey, Persona Q, Devil Summoner, Radiant Historia, Shin Megami Tensei, Trauma Center, etc. We're almost upon year four of the Switch and what have they brought? SMT V announced, Tokyo Mirage Sesssions FE# Censored, and Persona 5 Scramble (which is developed by Koei Tecmo's Omega Force).

I'm curious as to why Atlus's support for Nintendo fell off a cliff with the Switch? Why is a Japanese company shrugging off their country's leading console? Where is the Atlus back catalogue? Dragon's Crown, Odin Sphere, Catherine, Persona?

I'm stupefied by their absence.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

scubydo

@link3710 yeah i can use the 512 for most of my games and put the games i probably won't return to for a good while on the 200 if needed.

scubydo

link3710 wrote:

@scubydo I'd say see if you can find the 512 GB for about 60$ if you're in the US, it's probably the best bang for your buck right now, no point going to a 1 TB when they'll probably be a quarter of the price by next black Friday.

by the way, which one is $60, the closest I can find is $80.

Ralizah

@Magician Those games are generally Playstation-exclusive. Atlus doesn't do this thing where they port their entire back catalog of games to every modern system that will have them.

As to why support fell off a cliff? Because Switch is an HD console, and the games require a longer time to produce. Same reason PS4 got almost nothing from Atlus before Persona 5 in 2016/2017.

3DS games are low res and likely require a lot less dev time, so it's easy to churn out a steady stream of games.

Ralizah

link3710

@scubydo At the moment they're all $80, they dropped to $60 when they're on sale so that means they'll probably drop to that price again next time there's a sale.

link3710

GameOtaku

@Ralizah
It's not like it's actually exclusive to Sony. Outside of Naughty Dog Sony has no first party. Which is fine. Nintendo has its first party IPs, Microsoft owns Rare so its first party. But unlike Nintendo and Microsoft Sony seems to be very tyrannical towards games that come to it third party. Look at the Castlevania collection. It came to both Nintendo and Sony but Sony played dirty pool and wouldn't allow the requiem collection since it "paid" for it.

GameOtaku

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

As to why support fell off a cliff? Because Switch is an HD console, and the games require a longer time to produce. Same reason PS4 got almost nothing from Atlus before Persona 5 in 2016/2017. 3DS games are low res and likely require a lot less dev time, so it's easy to churn out a steady stream of games.

I don't see the transition to HD slowing Capcom down in regards to porting their back catalogue to the Switch. Although to be fair, Capcom has 10x the number of employees, so their throughput is much larger. But does Atlus take so much pride in their work that they can't contract external developers to port their games to the Switch? The Switch is hot, and Atlus is leaving money on the table.

NEStalgia

@Magician Atlus isn't exactly known for speedy development. They had a huge turnout on 3DS...it was fast and cheap to write for, but most importantly, a lot of that was remakes and extensions of older games, so they were cranking them out at a steady pace. But their bigger games at the time, P4G, SMTIV, TMS#FE, etc took f o r e v e r to get out the door.

NEStalgia

GameOtaku

@Magician
So true. The general lack of announcements is also weird. Yeah making a game may take time but to say they are working on a new Trauma Center or Etrian for switch would let us know we aren't abandoned. Most games use the same engines across platforms so a port of P5 or Catherine wouldn't be that much a stretch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U&list=PLYP1ztSi2...
Last trailer for SMT back in 2017 and in that time P5, P5R, Catherine, P5 P3 dancing and PQ2 were announced with only Q2 for Nintendo.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

@Magician Those games are generally Playstation-exclusive. Atlus doesn't do this thing where they port their entire back catalog of games to every modern system that will have them.

I think this is where a lot of frustration lies. Atlus are only harming themselves by not releasing these games on the Switch. There's no obvious reason as to why these games are PS-exclusive other than Atlus wanting them to be exclusive. Even madder is Catherine being released on Xbox and Vita, but not Switch for some reason.

Other companies have seen the opportunity in Switch and released previously-exclusive games on it: look at Capcom with Okami, Namco with Tales of Vesperia and Ni No Kuni, and Square-Enix with the Final Fantasy series. Its baffling that such a company like this - a Japanese company, no less - isn't taking advantage of the situation.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

Ryu_Niiyama

Okami is Capcom.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic