Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,241 to 46,260 of 69,983

JaxonH

Darksiders Genesis
Amazing game, amazing Switch port. It looks great in handheld mode and it runs smoothly... this is definitely more Darksiders Warmastered than Darksiders II. It features single player, local co-op on the same system, local wireless with two different systems without needing Wi-Fi, and of course online. And the game is fun as heck.

Highly recommended, especially on Switch where co-op is so prevalent.

Fire Emblem Three Houses expansion
Fun. It’s more of a great game, so if you liked the base game you’ll love the expansion, and if you didn’t like the base game the expansion isn’t going to do anything to change your mind.

Recommended for FETH fans.

The Snack World
Looks good on Switch. Really clean in handheld. Solid release. Charming as heck and feels like a Fantasy Life/Final Fantasy Explorers crossover. Not far enough in to make a call on the full gameplay experience, but it seems fun, chill and relaxed. The one thing I do have against it is the incredibly cheap voice work for grunt sounds and little one-off words muttered. Sounds like it was almost done in studio. But, that’s something I can easily overlook when the rest of the game is so charming.

Warriors Orachi 4 Ultimate
Good update, but largely more of the same. Either you like this style of game or you don’t. And if you do you’re probably don’t need my recommendation to know if you’ll like it. I will say though that I like the magic system, and the dash attack of Samurai Warrior characters replacing the heavy attack of Dynasty Warrior characters. Still, Dynasty Warriors 8 is a cheaper alternative that, as far as I’m concerned is just as good.

As for Metro Redux
I’m very excited. I tried playing these games before but I just couldn’t get into them because the aiming didn’t feel right. But that has been solved because this version of the game adds gyro! Preordered and ready to go. In fact, I even picked up Exodus on Steam (just released) with the 2 expansions in preparation, which also can be played with gyro thanks to being on PC. Seems like these two games are the new gold standard of what a Switch port should look like. More and more we are seeing the quality of Switch ports increasing. It’s like they realized oh, games are actually selling. Maybe we should do a good job and they’ll sell more... what a novel concept.

@sixrings
so what you are saying is that I should be content that my 2017 tech is doing the same thing as my 2005 tech

1 Thats a lie. It’s doing way more. Saying it’s doing “the same” is just a downright falsehood and I’m gonna call you on that right now. If you’re going to complain about something at least get your facts right. The original Metro games on 360/PS3 ran like garbage and looked way worse without any of the new improvements to visuals. You’re getting a current generation experience in the palm of your hand with very little downgrade. NOT the last gen experience. Did you even watch the video?

2 There is no such thing as a standard for “2017 tech” or “2006 tech”. Tech has an incredibly large range and the year has very little to do with it. You’re comparing apples to moon pies and complaining they’re not the same. What is “2005 tech” even supposed to mean?” Oh, you mean the $600 large console tech. That tech. Not $200 portable tech. If you had $200 portable tech from 2005 then you would have an argument. But there is no such thing. The $200 portable tech from back then was somewhere stuck between an N64 and a PS2. You cannot compare portable tech to large power console PC tech. It’s an ignorant comparison that accomplishes nothing except perpetuate more ignorance.

3 Switch is the pinnacle of MODERN, 2020 TECH for the given price range. That’s a fact. It’s a provable fact because there is no other portable gaming handheld on the market in 2020 that offers better tech for the price. There has never been another portable handheld on the market at any point in time that offers better tech for the price.

Nobody needs a pro. You don’t need 1080p 60 on every single game running on a $200-300 portable device. You might want it but nobody needs it. Just sit your butt tight and wait because technology progresses through time. You’re too impatient, demanding things that we won’t see for another 10 years. You want 1080p 60 across the board on a handheld for $200-300, you’re gonna be waiting till the year 2035. So save it. Like a broken record in this thread. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. “Oh, the Switch doesn’t have the same performance in the palm of your hand as modern power consoles”... ya no kidding, but the “or $600 power consoles from 10 years ago...” that’s BS. This $200 handheld is consistently outperforming those $600 power consoles from 10 years ago (which frankly, is an amazing accomplishment), and has set the bar for portable gaming devices today.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Metro being 720p in handheld sounds pretty good. I'll probably still wait til it comes down in price, but I having a shooter to play on-the-go.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I grabbed the games for like $7 each on PC recently, which is a killer price. They’re $25 each on Switch, but of course, that’s day one price, and at least it’s already cut by more than 50%. Should be able to scoop them both for $25-30 within the next year or so, I would imagine. Not quite PC level pricing but, it never is.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter there's some absolute bargains on switch e shop . If you have time name 5 you bought. I mean yet another zombie defense is only €2, games as good as that. Only if you have the time.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Don't care with eshop only games.
Don't care with ridiculous cheap price if not available in physical.
And i don't play zombie games because i NEVER like them and will NEVER want to think about.

Anti-Matter

Matthew010

Has anyone here played Ultrawings? I've figured Nintendo isn't interested in making a new Pilotwings just yet, and Ultrawings looks quite good for the price (£15), but I wondered if anyone had played it for a second opinion? My main question is this: Is there a free flight mode?

Matthew010

sixrings

@Ky87 for some reason Nintendo doesn't want you to make friends online. Sorry you lack friends for real though. I am 40 so very few people I know game and even fewer play Nintendo switch. So for people like yourself and myself Nintendo isn't in the business of helping us in this regards. Doesn't really matter anyways since there is no voice chat or messaging system.

sixrings

Anti-Matter

@Ky87
Get the Standard version since the Standard version is bigger than Lite model + Standard model can be played on TV while the Lite version cannot.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Toy_Link I won't get my hopes up, but that's amazing if true. Even if we don't get mainline Persona, there's no reason we can't get something like Catherine, which was never a PS exclusive in the past.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

My brother has been watching a Catherine let's play on YouTube lately, so I'd bet he's gonna be happy if they do release it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I never got a chance to play it, so having it on Switch would be a great surprise. I've heard good things

TuVictus

JokerCK

Also Xcom 2:Collection rated for switch to.

JokerCK

link3710

2K and Atlus are actually starting to get on board? Well, better late than never. XCOM 2 I'm super excited for at least.

And wow, Metro Redux looks great on Switch. For a series that always pushes tech hard, it translated pretty well.

EDIT: Oh and Bioshock too of course was 2K (I totally didn't forget they published that). I mean, I was really hoping for Borderlands but with 3 of it's biggest series on Switch now Borderlands can't be THAT far behind... right? Counting Civ V, the only other major series they have are that and Mafia.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

And the floodgates are finally starting to open.

It is what I’ve always said. A lot of these games would be on more platforms if there were more viable alternative platforms. Nintendo has been screwing off for so long that a lot of these companies just gave up on Nintendo as a platform, aside from small budget handheld releases.

But now the tides are turning, and a lot of these games which, even if they weren’t “officially exclusive” were still typically only released on PS, with rare exception, are finally migrating over to the Nintendo Switch.

And I knew X-COM was only a matter of time. After Civ 6 smashed expectations on Switch, outselling both other versions combined on their launch day even a year after it had been released on Switch, there was no way they weren’t going to follow through with more. The surprise is that it’s X-COM 2 though. I was honestly only expecting the first. Since that would be easier to run and they had already released on Vita (though it was a Borderlands 2 quality port).

With Catherine Full Body, X-COM 2, Bioshock Collection, Saints Row 4, Metro Redux duo... we’re seeing stark contrast, very stark contrast, with 2017 expectations. I still remember when Octane was complaining only 1 single 3rd party game was announced that summer (LA Noire) and predictions were grim as ever. Now? We’re more surprised when a game doesn’t eventually get announced. And obviously the expectation of how many games will come over for a portable system that’s closer to last GEN hardware has to be kept in check, and even then it will take several generations to finally bring all the developers back on board that they lost over the last 20 years... but the gains we’ve seen in support the last 24 months have been incredible.

DannyBoi

@JaxonH They have only announced Metro and Saints row 4. They haven't announced any of the other rated games.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@Zuljaras @DannyBoi
I’m aware of that.

I never claimed those games specifically were “officially announced”. Catherine and XCOM 2 aren’t “officially announced” either.

But the ratings indicate they’re clearly coming, and will be announced soon enough. That’s the bottom line. The cat is out of the bag.

Edited on by JaxonH

DannyBoi

@JaxonH What do you actually think Nintendo's plan for 2020 is?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic