Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,221 to 46,240 of 46,495

JaxonH

I just bought Trails of Cold Steel 3 too, thinking it would never come to Switch.

Youd think I'd have learned my lesson- I dont buy games on other system specifically because they almost always come to Switch, but made an exception for this one. Will be listing on eBay tonight. Least it's new and value hasn't dropped yet.

And Switch is getting a collector edition with steelbook and all kinds of goodies.

PLAYING
NS: AC Rebel Collection, Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3
X1X: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana
X1: Cyberpunk 2077, Ori Will of the Wisps

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Ah, well, I played 1 & 2 on Vita, @Ralizah .... So, I'll happily get 3 on Switch but it'd really make sense to have them all there
Maybe some sort of deal can be arranged with NISA porting those 2, at least? Otherwise, anyone who hasn't played them is not going to be able to fully enjoy 3 &, presumably, 4

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Ryu_Niiyama

Toy_Link wrote:

Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to Switch in Spring 2020. It will be published (and presumably ported by) Nis America.
https://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of...

Can't remember if I bought this one already ( I really can't wait till I move so i can finish taking inventory.) but I have the first two and I don't remember what happened...(granted this is only the recent trilogy in a series of eight games) so I'll be fine going into the 3rd one blind i think.

I do find it funny that Falcom is going from saying they don't know how to code for switch to noticing the sales figures in the west (but not noticing them in Japan? seriously?!) for switch consoles. Switch is Jrpg and VN wonderland, so this should have not been something that they are just now paying attention to.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Nothing has really changed, to be fair. Falcom has said before that they're open to other companies porting their games to different platforms. If the strong western Ys VIII sales didn't sway their development priorities, though, I doubt anything will. Trails 3 likely won't sell nearly as well as that Ys VIII port in the West, either.

They don't know how to code for Switch, a platform that almost everyone has said is easy to work with, but they're already talking about putting games on PS5, a system they have literally no experience with. lol

If you want to do something, you'll find a way, and if you don't want to do something, you'll find excuses.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@BruceCM
There's a story summary section in Trails of Cold Steel III.

It thoroughly explains all the backstory and notable events prior.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Bravely Default II, Xenoblade HD, Trials of Mana

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Ralizah wrote:

If you want to do something, you'll find a way, and if you don't want to do something, you'll find excuses.

Hear hear. Can someone put that one a bumper sticker? I'll be quoting tidbits like this from the Wise Words of Ralizah compendium for years to come

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

I'd put it on a sticker, but I haven't figured out how to use this new sticker printer.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

I'm sure, @JaxonH ... I'm lucky enough to have played 1&2, so it's not a problem for me
I do think it'd make sense to have them all on Switch as people certainly might want to play them all there It seems quite likely something will be arranged for that but we'll have to wait & see

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Think XSEED has publishing rights for the first two, so I'm not sure NIS will be able to work their magic for those.

YS IX on the other hand...

edit
Overwatch cartridge version released in Japan today. Did some research, and English is listed as included (at the very least, as DLC which can be downloaded from the JP eShop).

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

RR529

Just completed Eagle's Tower in Link's Awakening, so am nearing the end.

Even though I've played the original (though have no specific nostalgia for it, playing it years after it's release), this has really taken me by suprise to become one of my favorite games I've played this year. It's just one of those experiences that really reminds me of why I fell in love with games.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

BruceCM

Yeah, I gather that might be a problem, @JaxonH .... But maybe they can work something out There's probably quite a few people who'd get 1&2 again on Switch, as well as those who haven't played them yet

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ichiyama

Finally bought a Switch - the newer, battery-improved model. When it's docked, however, the screen goes black intermittently. Did a little research, and tried one suggestion about unplugging the cables and plugging them back in in a specific order. Didn't help. Not happy, and might just have to exchange/return the darned thing.

This a common problem? Never heard of it until I fired mine up. Thanks.

Ichiyama

gcunit

Ichiyama wrote:

This a common problem? Never heard of it until I fired mine up. Thanks.

There's your answer.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

toiletduck

@Ichiyama have you tested your dock and switch on a different TV? At least to rule out whether your console is the problem.

toiletduck

Ichiyama

@toiletduck Believe it or not, that was more of a hassle than just exchanging it. I decided testing a separate unit would be more illuminative. Thanks for the suggestion, however. I think the dock was wonky, as the replacement seems a bit more solid. Of course, that can always be perception, seeing as it works for now.

Ichiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ichiyama Just throwing it out there, sometimes HDMI cables and/or jacks look fine but eventually do the same thing you described. I had an issue last year, turned out to be the flat-style HDMI cable I was using.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ichiyama

@HobbitGamer Thank you, HG. I'll keep that in mind as I run through the first few months. I had a picture issue with our fat PS3 earlier this year, and thought it was the old unit crapping out. Turns out it was the connection via a bad port, and I approached problem solving exactly backwards. At least I got a backup console out of the deal.

Ichiyama

rallydefault

@RR529
Yea, I played LA all the time on Game Boy, so I knew I'd like the remake but didn't realize I'd LOVE the remake. As soon as I beat it I booted up a hero's mode playthrough without batting an eyelash. Only other recent game I've done that for was Three Houses. Usually I'll enjoy a game for the first few hours, but then I just want it to be over and I'm looking up playthrough times on the internet lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic