Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,221 to 46,240 of 69,962

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I would love Vegas Stakes happening so much, even though I know it'll probably never see the light of day again. My mom loved that game, it'd be great to play it with her again.

As for the other games, DKC trilogy, Earthbound, Earthbound Beginnings, Super Mario RPG, and the FE titles in Japan I'd expect to all be dropped over the course of the next year and a half as the biggest titles remaining. Super Mario All-Stars will probably be ignored, unfortunately. If we're going to continue seeing NSO titles every 2-3 months this year, that means two more drops potentially before N64 or GB presumably drops in September, likely one in April (since it's quiet) and one in July (midway between E3 and Sept direct).

link3710

MsJubilee

Magician wrote:

Its been a sad day of news. System Shock 3 has been shelved. I believe that was rumored as coming to the Switch back in 2017, now nobody is getting it. No doubt the backers for that crowd funding campaign aren't happy. And Project Rainway was shelved. No app for streaming PC games (legally) on Switch just yet.

You're talking about the remake(the one that got the Kickstarter) it's still going on(there was an update on Steam 5 days ago).

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

MsJubilee wrote:

Magician wrote:

Its been a sad day of news. System Shock 3 has been shelved. I believe that was rumored as coming to the Switch back in 2017, now nobody is getting it. No doubt the backers for that crowd funding campaign aren't happy. And Project Rainway was shelved. No app for streaming PC games (legally) on Switch just yet.

You're talking about the remake(the one that got the Kickstarter) it's still going on(there was an update on Steam 5 days ago).

Ah, my fault, I got my news info mixed up. System Shock 3 development folded because their publisher Starbreeze had their office raided by authorities. While development for the System Shock 1 remake is still ongoing.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

Has anyone joycons broken off there switch, when playing ?

Ninfan

Grumblevolcano

Fire Emblem update and DLC is live!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

@Magician At least they add new games, and not stuff we can already buy on Virtual Console for Wii, Wii U or 3DS.

@Grumblevolcano I think you missed a few Nintendo published SNES games. Mario Paint, Wario's Woods, Mario & Wario, Kirby's Ghost Trap, Yoshi's Safari, Tetris & Dr. Mario, Super Scope 6, Tetris Attack, Battle Clash, and I guess Killer Instinct won't count anymore. I'm pretty sure it was also Nintendo publishing Harvest Moon and all of Square Enix big box games in Europe (Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Time, Terranigma, etc.) but those franchises are now self-published or with someone else. Anyway, there's also room for some Satellaview Games. I always wanted to play the weird Zelda's, F-Zero specials and Mario Excitebike games.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR I was looking at SNES games on VC and added All-Stars because it was re-released physically on Wii. While not the perfect comparison, looking at VC and removing all games from current gen collections meanwhile adding a load of really obscure 3rd party games seems like reasonable expectations for NSO judging from NES and SNES so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NotTelevision

@Grumblevolcano It becomes difficult to predict what 3rd party publishers are willing to give NSO. Capcom did allow Demon’s Crest and Breath of Fire and Konami with The Twin Bee games and Gradius. Street Fighter, Mega Man, Castlevania, Contra, etc... were all included on collections already.

Konami also sounds like they want to do something with Mystical Ninja, so you can probably count that one out. Bomberman as well.

So far Square seems more content with releasing their RPGs absent of any service, so probably not going to see any FF, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger...

Axelay and Metal Warriors I can see coming to the SNES app, but a lot of the major franchises are either being guarded by publishers or tied up in expired licenses.

I think Nintendo should be forking out more money to these publishers to convince them though.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

Ninfan wrote:

Has anyone joycons broken off there switch, when playing ?

Nope, that's not supposed to happen. What do you "broken"? If they just slid vertically off then you probably accidentally held in the release button on the back. If they came off in any other way, it's bad news.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

Tech analysis for Metro is in. Almost always locked 30fps with no pacing issues, minor hutches at very rare points in cutscenes.

720p both docked and handheld. Anti aliasing in full effect. Full surround sound audio, no compression.

Visuals features on par with PS4 save for a few changes textures in select shots.

Longer loading, except after dying, and playing portably has issues due to how dark the game is, apparently.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

Started playing Daemon X Machina recently. I'm currently tackling D-Rank missions (most recently one where I had to destroy a couple of walls/barriers in a valley).

Before I get too far in I figured I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions in terms of what parts & weapons I should aim for? Despite a few upgrades I've mostly stuck with what I've started with (though I dropped the sheild for a second gun) as most things seem to offer a different focus in terms of stats, rather than an all around improvement.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

sixrings

@Knuckles-Fajita so now we're getting 720p games with 30fps and people are debating if we need a pro?!

It used to be we would get 720p games with 60fps or 1080p games with 30fps. Now were getting the lower numbers on both ends.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

Toy_Link

sixrings wrote:

@Knuckles-Fajita so now we're getting 720p games with 30fps and people are debating if we need a pro?!

It used to be we would get 720p games with 60fps or 1080p games with 30fps. Now were getting the lower numbers on both ends.

Ignoring that most BIG games last gen on the power consoles ran at 720p 30fps, most third party games on Wii U ran at 720p 30fps with the exception of Monster Hunter at 1080p, and I think, either Tekken Tag Team or Injustice 720p 60fps. And some first party games were at 720p/30 fps, like Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

And I don't think I need to comment that it is not a new thing on Switch either.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

sixrings

@Toy_Link so what you are saying is that I should be content that my 2017 tech is doing the same thing as my 2005 tech?! That makes sense.

I thought the Wii U (2012) was supposed to be better than my xbox (2005). And the switch was supposed to be more powerful than the Wii u. But in the end what matters is 720p 30fps acceptable for a hybrid in 2020 for many people.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

darkfenrir

yes because have you seen other portables and their price?

darkfenrir

HobbitGamer

@RR529 Stick with the basic weapons and equipment till C Rank. Then if you dip into multiplayer arsenal fights, you can drag any loot into your single player.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

@HobbitGamer, I don't have NSO so won't be doing any multiplayer. Will that be a problem for later on in single player?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HobbitGamer

@RR529 Nah, not really.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DannyBoi

Do you think we should be paying for online Nintendo multiplayer?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

Monster Farm Switch (Japan version)
Basically this game is HD Remaster of PS1 version.
Still no information for physical release but if you want the physical, you can hunt the PS1 version.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic