Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,181 to 46,200 of 69,988

Eel

Those nods and bits are simply retroactively applied to the original game if you happen to play it at some point.

Things like those can be enjoyed backwards.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Torna is DLC. DLC obviously tends to tie in with the game it's based on

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Xyphon22
If a nod or reference is what's keeping someone from enjoying a game that, even without the nod or reference is still more enjoyable than 99% of other games , I would call that foolishness

I mean, any nod or reference so impactful a game could go from "must buy" to "nah" must be nod of the decade, and the game itself must not be worth playing in the first place if a nod is the make or break aspect of worthiness

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Seananigans
No different than each Zelda or Mario or Metroid game.

It's the same game style but different story and plot and even battle mechanics. That's more different than most sequels in series.

So by your logic if this game is pointless pretty much all games are pointless that aren't brand new IP. This game is as different an experience from P5 as P5 was from P4. So... if this isnt good enough then Persona 6 wont be either. In fact it DEFINITELY wont because itll be even less different.

Not to mention, the logic of saying "this is too similar, in fact it's pretty much the same, as a game I'm dying to play, but I dont wanna play this because of that reason" seems bizzare

Edited on by JaxonH

Ninfan

Anyone ever win at fortnite yet best i'v done is 4th or 7th

Ninfan

JaxonH

@Ninfan
It's a Windows 10 based clamshell handheld made by Chinese company G.P.D. through kickstarter.

The original Win was pretty popular (relatively speaking- for being an unheard of new Chinese company wanting to make a PC based handheld it saw decent success). They've since gone on to make GPD Win 2, which is more powerful than a Switch (but if running at power profiles greater than 7W, battery life will be considerably shorter). That said, many games actually run better on Switch due to optimization (Witcher 3 for example). Others, such as DOOM, hit 720p 30-45fps on the Win 2. So it just depends.

But basically it's a Switch powered PC based handheld from GPD with a full button set and a switch that toggles the analogs working in controller mode or mouse mode. Full QWERTY keyboard on bottom half as well.

Original Win 2 design could get really toasty when running demanding games, like Batman Arkham City. There was another kickstarter though from a Win 2 fan in China who decided to design a Nylon back cover replacement for the Win 2 with better heatsink which drops temps of handheld by an astounding 20 degrees Celcius. I was all over that. Now it stays MUCH cooler.

Edited on by JaxonH

Xyphon22

@JaxonH I'm not saying a nod or reference would make the difference. I'm saying it could be the tipping point. I'll give Dragon Quest XI S as an example. RPGs are my favorite genre, and I've heard great things about it and it looks like a game I would enjoy. But I've never played any game in the series except for a little bit of the original Dragon Warrior on NES. Also, here's a list of the RPGs I already own and still need to get around to: Ni no Kuni, the last 2 games on Collection of Mana, World Ends with You, Earthlock, Lost Sphear, and maybe I'm forgetting some eShop ones. I also still want but have yet to get Skyrim, Witcher 3, Xenoblade 2, and Oninaki, all of which I've played previous entries except for Witcher. Even though I think I would enjoy DQ, the fact that it's the eleventh game in a series I've never played before means I will probably never buy it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Xyphon22

Yes, I would definitely like to give DQ 1-3 a go at some point. I was just trying to make the point that sometimes you have to find reasons to NOT buy a game because there are simply too many good ones on Switch to play them all, and if one of the reasons you find is that it is a late entry in a larger series, that is a legitimate reason even if it might not be absolutely required to have played the earlier entries first.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

gcunit

Xyphon22 wrote:

you can't play everything.

Untitled

Xyphon22 wrote:

Even though I think I would enjoy DQ, the fact that it's the eleventh game in a series I've never played before means I will probably never buy it.

Dude, you're not thinking straight, just do what I do. I've only ever played about an hour of Dragon Quest IV, but do you think that's stopped me buying DQ V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XI, Monsters: Joker, Monsters: Joker 2, Swords, & Heroes: Rocket Slime?

I'll give you a clue: the answer fits within "Fu** N*!"

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

It's still kind of surreal that the first announced NX game (DQXI back in July 2015) came out only 4 and a half months ago.

Atlus and SMTV though, SMTV is the only game announced at the January 2017 Switch Presentation that hasn't been released and we still know nothing about it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

If anyone doesn't know this site, they should try it now https://www.dekudeals.com/

It's pretty much where you can put any games in eshop on wishlist, and then set an alert for a targeted price range. So for example I put Chocobo Mystery Dungeon to give me alert if it ever goes under 20 usd the site is pretty snappy too

darkfenrir

Ralizah

@Xyphon22

"I was just trying to make the point that sometimes you have to find reasons to NOT buy a game because there are simply too many good ones on Switch to play them all, and if one of the reasons you find is that it is a late entry in a larger series, that is a legitimate reason even if it might not be absolutely required to have played the earlier entries first."

It really isn't. Dragon Quest XI assumes zero knowledge of previous games and, like most of the numbered FF games, is designed to be played and enjoyed on its own.

I don't know why you or anyone else thinks they need an excuse not to play a game. If you don't wanna play something... don't play it. End of story. Nobody has the right to dictate what you do or don't do in your free time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DannyBoi

If we don't get an announcement for a direct tommorow. We probably won't get one until april. But it doesn't make sense to wait until then.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Ninfan

How many games are on switch now

Ninfan

IceClimbers

Capcom and Ubisoft publisher sales are live on the US eShop.

I think I have almost everything that's notable from Ubisoft already though haha.

Child of Light is only $4.99.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ninfan

There's a game on switch e shop i'm looking for its like a version of thrust . Does anyone know the name of it ?

Ninfan

1UP_MARIO

Ninfan wrote:

How many games are on switch now

Google
how many games are on switch

You will get the answer there

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic