Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,841 to 45,860 of 69,989

NotTelevision

I think we’ve all been brainwashed into buying stuff we might enjoy. We buy something, we like it, we buy something similar next time. We also might buy something completely different because “hey, I might like it”.

That pattern continues until we die. When we die we can’t buy anything anymore.

NotTelevision

rallydefault

You are NOT allowed to like what you like. The internet shall decide what you like. And you'll like it. And the stuff it said you will like, well, you will like it even if you don't like it. Liking like-minded likers is encouraged and soon mandatory. SUBMIT TO YOUR OVERLORDS.

rallydefault

DarkRula

If that's the case, then everyone in this thread should start liking Wheelspin on the Wii.

NOW!

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

1UP_MARIO

Nintendo life is brainwashing me

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tyranexx

Psh. I laugh at your conformity. I'll be the brick jutting slightly out of the wall, thanks.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur due to 5 March 2020.
Untitled

Another upcoming Switch game confirmed without Direct. 😀

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Anti-Matter ooo I'm actually semi interested in that one if English text is confirmed.

link3710

Anti-Matter

@link3710
I don't think Doraemon games will get English version if the developer or publisher is FuRyu, not Bandai Namco.
I remembered FuRyu games will never get English version as other Doraemon games on 3DS by FuRyu will always Japan version only.
But, judging from their Japanese letter, Doraemon games still have Furigana above the Kanji letters to make it easier to read for young Japanese gamer.
If you interested by Doraemon games but still concern about unable to understand Japanese letters, don't worry.
Their games usually got walkthrough from Japanese players gameplay on Youtube so you can figure it out what should you do on those games.

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Anti-Matter Fair enough. I was hoping for them to be localized for Singapore considering it's a major enough franchise there, but I know it's unlikely.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@link3710 Check the eshop listing on the Japanese eshop to know for sure. If you can't read the Kanji:

英語 = English, 日本語 = Japanese, 中国語 = Chinese, 韓国語 = Korean. Sorry, I don't know which Chinese they are referring to, but I assume it's Mandarin which I think is the most common. Cantonese being second most? Japanese is my second language, so I don't know much about Chinese or Korean.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Actually both Cantonese and Mandarin both use the same writing system and grammar. They are both “Chinese” because of that, it’s just the phonetics that’s different. I didn’t know that either before coming here.

Also during the Cultural Revolution they stopped using traditional characters, but only on the mainland. So 語 would be written in Hong Kong and Taiwan, but the simplified 语 would be written in the mainland.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision There's my new info for the day. Thanks!

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Thanks! I'll do that, I'm sure it's not even up yet if it just got announced though.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@link3710 If it's not yet, it should be soon, since the game is coming out in March according to what @Anti-Matter said. Hey Anti, where did you hear this announcement?

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Is Doremon still as popular with kids nowadays in Japan? I thought his heyday was in the 80s and 90s when the manga and cartoons were being produced.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision Oh yeah, he's probably one of the most well known children's characters here. Though it's debatable if he is number one, or Anpanman is.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I posted the picture of upcoming Doraemon Switch game from playasia.
But, Doraemon games by FuRyu will never get English version as since from NES era, Doraemon games were never get English version since the games were targeted to Japanese kids.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I'd say "never say never" but you're probably right. Doraemon isn't nearly the character in the west that he is in Japan and Asia in general. But mostly I just wanted to know where you heard about the game, Playasia? Thanks!

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 @Anti-Matter Cool. Good to know. I guess he’s a bit like Mickey Mouse in that he can an appeal that spans generations.

Other Japanese kids cartoons like Chibi Maruko-chan and Crayon Shin-chan are pretty good too. I imagine they help if you are trying to learn Japanese as well.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic