Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,801 to 45,820 of 46,237

BruceCM

I never used my dock, @NotTelevision .... Screen protector is a good idea, generally, though While I didn't take original Switch out & I don't anticipate taking Lite either Mind you, I don't have any case or screen protector on my phone, either, so it's just me being weird

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

BlueBlur101

1994 - & Knuckles
2003 - Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
2018 - JOKER FROM PERSONA 5

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Anti-Matter

Oh, ROFL !! 🤣🤣🤣
Street Fighter mini game inside Evoland 2.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter last night I saw a street fighter bonus round mini game where you beat up on the cars in gaucamelee 2

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

The Witcher 3 is lookin pretty solid on Switch. Around the 10-12 min mark you get to see Novigrad at night time. And this is notoriously one of the most demanding areas of the game.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

BlueBlur101

Novigrad is surprisingly stable, but not perfect

The frame pacing and general stuttering is still heavily prevalent, but it could be patched up via a software update down the line, like Panic Button with their Bethesda ports.

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

It’s not perfect, and it may never be. Other console versions weren’t perfect either. But if the most demanding area in the game is more than playable, that’s good enough for me.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, Super Monkey Ball, DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Outer Worlds, Bayonetta 3

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

No worse in that than it was on my XBox One S, @BlueBlur101 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

I think I'll pass on TW3. It looks fuzzier than a gerbil with a bad hair day.

Octane

Eel

I may get it eventually once it gets cheap like on other consoles.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Witcher 3 looks about on par with what a 7th gen Version would look like. Digital Foundry shows it holds 720p relatively well with some drops into 810 x 650 range. Which is well within PS3/360 grade visuals, which typically targeted 720p and were often a little below, even.

And I am more than OK with a PS3 grade version of The Witcher 3 that can be taken anywhere. It might be blurry compared to current GEN games but, just last generation this would’ve been cutting edge. And I’m perfectly good with last generation graphics on a handheld this generation. If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be playing games on the Nintendo Switch in the first place.

In fact, last generation my handheld games were all 240p on 3DS, and 360-480p on Vita for anything even remotely demanding. That’s real blurriness. So an upgrade to PS3-level on a portable system feels cutting edge leap forward more than it feels like a downgrade.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Heavyarms55

Imagine if, during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era, say, Sony, had released a portable PS1 Or Nintendo had released a portable N64. It would have blown people's minds! The Switch is basically that but with new games coming to it too. It amazes me how quickly people have forgotten that and seem to expect the Switch to be on par with PS4 and Xbone.

You probably could build a portable PS4 Pro. But it would probably cost 4000 dollars with today's tech.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

BruceCM

It looks awesome, @JaxonH. ... Loading is quicker, like they said it'd be, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

sixrings

@Heavyarms55 @JaxonH sure the switch is impressive if you're into portable play. But there's a good portion of Nintendo audience which plays docked mainly. That's the camp I'm in. Docked gamers feel the burden of being a generation behind more.

sixrings

JaxonH

@sixrings
Sure, but... then docked gamers can play those games on a different console if that’s what they’re looking for. There are 3 other platforms designed specifically to cater to such people. Portable gamers feel the burden of being tethered to a TV on other consoles, but they don’t complain about it, they just buy their games on this one system available where they’re not burdened. Likewise, tv only gamers can do the same. If you only want to play games on the TV then go play a power console that only runs on the TV. Problem solved.

No need to complain about a car not having a truck bed. Just go buy a truck.

@BruceCM
Idk if loading is quicker. DF actually showed the main load in was 10 seconds longer. Maybe it’s quicker in game, Idk. But it’s relatively close to the other versions, so...

Just started playing. And ya, it looks respectable enough on the TV. About what I was expecting actually- like a PS3 version if one had existed. Handheld looks amazing all things considered. I don’t even think my GPD WIN 2 can run The Witcher 3.

It’s crazy playing this game on the Switch Lite. It plays well, too. Better than you would expect. But it has been dialed back quite a bit so I suppose it’s not too surprising. But docked is a nice enough boost from handheld mode that it still feels totally playable and enjoyable on the TV.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Shame I need to go to work in 30 minutes

Pssst... I took a sick day today 😉

Switch Lite is looking lovely. It’s super small and lightweight, isn’t it? Perfect for sliding in the middle pocket of a sweatshirt (which, I live in Wisconsin, where 8 months of the year I’m wearing a sweatshirt or actual jacket).

But, even in summer, it’s way more portable than OG Switch. And with that JP exclusive flip case dropping next month may even slide in jeans pockets without worrying about the analogs sticking out.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Seemed quicker even with 1st start, too, @JaxonH .... Wasn't actually timing it, mind you! In-game loading seems quicker, too; maybe not much each time but that'll still add up

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
No, you’re right. I’ve been switching back-and-forth between the TV and the Lite, and loading in is incredibly fast.

Idk what Digital Foundry was talking about. They showed a one minute load time but... it’s like 10 seconds to load into the game. Super fast.

[shrugs]

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic