Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,761 to 45,780 of 69,981

link3710

@DannyBoi But they haven't been any more quiet than usual? They haven't had a general direct in October, November, or December in years, and rarely do they have one in January. A five-month gap there is business as usual. In fact, us getting the Pokemon Direct, smash announcements, and a December Indie Direct is far more communication than in the past. I'm still thinking April is the most likely, but I'll concede that March, or even February could see one.

Anyways, as for my take on the inevitable Switch Pro discussion, I think:
CPU/GPU: Custom SoC based on Turing or Ampere architecture and the X1 design.
RAM: 4 GB at approximately 30 GB/s bandwidth (up from 24 GB/s)
Onboard Memory: 128 GB
Display: Identical to normal
Release Date: September 2022
Price: $320 (Normal drops to $270, Lite to $170)

Basically, we'll see an improvement in memory bandwidth rather than the usual mid-gen up in memory itself that the previous refreshes have, as more games are bandwidth locked than anything. Additionally, we'll see a slight improvement to both power and battery life due to a newer architecture. And finally, they'll actually quadruple the onboard storage. This would deliver an experience that will help many existing games come closer to hitting their targets, but not be anything huge or require a huge price increase.

EDIT: Oh and to clarify, despite using Turing I don't expect it to have the dedicated RayTracing cores included, considering GEForce 16 GPUs didn't get those either.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

DannyBoi

@link3710 The creative director DMC3 said watch ut for January 30th. Maybe a direct then? And I think the Switch pro will release in 2020.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi Again... why would DMC3 be connected to a direct? It's a rerelease of a 15-year-old game, and every announcement tied to it has come through their Twitter.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 I would just let it be at this point. The last few pages have felt like groundhogs day lol

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@HobbitGamer lol
It’s happening or I’ll sell my Wii u

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tyranexx

@Grumblevolcano Oh yes, I've seen plenty of those in my news feed. I generally ignore them. I'm interested in the PS5 especially, but it'll be some time before I pick one up. By the time I grab one, it'll have WAY more than its launch lineup to offer. XD

@Buizel IMO what's more dangerous are the people who are sour about something not coming true when it was merely a zero-evidence rumor to begin with.

@1UP_MARIO I know you're joking, but I really hope nothing is ever named after the Teletubbies. XD Those things are terrifying.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Introducing, the Nintendo Switchy-Winky, with its all-new wearable screen technology.

And don't forget to get the official carrying bag.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Groundhog's Day is Sunday

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MuhBael

Speaking of Switch Pro, do you guys think Nintendo will ever let us play N64 and GameCube games through Nintendo Online like they already do with the Nes and Snes? With how Sony and Microsoft are pushing the retrocompatibility thing hard for next Gen I think Nintendo is maybe lagging behind. Now, the Switch already has most if not all the worthwile WiiU games, I doubt anyone wants to play Wii games again so the only ones left are the GameCube and N64 though I really don't see why anyone would want GC compatibility. Anyway I think it's safe to say Nintendo's next console will 100% be compatible with the Switch carts.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

Anti-Matter

@MuhBael
"I doubt anyone wants to play Wii games again so the only ones left are the GameCube and N64 though I really don't see why anyone would want GC compatibility. "

I have Wii machine.
I have Wii and Gamecube games.
Although i rarely play my Wii & Gamecube games recently, i still try to build my Wii and Gamecube games collection.

Anti-Matter

toiletduck

@Anti-Matter I would definitely like to play some Wii games every now and then! If they'd re-release on Switch (HD remaster or just a straight port, I don't care) I'd be a very happy camper!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
@Eel
"Introducing, the Nintendo Switchy-Winky"

Switchy-Winky (Switch)
DipSy (NDS)
La La (3DS LL)
Woo (Wii)
🤣🤣🤣

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@toiletduck
Gamecube ports i really want :
1. Harvest Moon Magical Melody (or Story of Seasons Magical Melody)
2. Paper Mario The Thousand Years Door
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Luigi Mansion + Luigi Mansion 2 HD Remaster
5. Billy the Egg Hatcher

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

Nintendo dohave some strange policies. Like the no refund policy on the eshop.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

Nintendo dohave some strange policies. Like the no refund policy on the eshop.

PSN also did the same thing.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

@Anti-Matter When the switch first came out, if you had your switch activated as the primary console and you lost it or sold it without deactivating it as your primary console you wouldn't be able to sign in on another console. They have fixed it now, because you can sign into multiple switches. That was another of their weird policies as well.

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Funnily enough, my phone used to autocorrect "Wii U" to "Woo U" before the feature learned not to do that. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DannyBoi

On the 3ds eshop, Your account was locked to the console. If you lost it before deactivating it, you wouldn't be able to sign into another 3ds using that account. Their policies are weird.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic