Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,741 to 45,760 of 69,983

Anti-Matter

There are some of upcoming Switch games i will buy later (Not Day One) due to my focus on building my games library on other gaming devices in this year. Some of other games on different machines are more important for me at this moment and i have get them from Ebay or playasia ASAP.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

TBH I'm glad there aren't many games that I know of (until the next Direct) that I want on the Switch too badly in the next 3-4 months. Should allow me to make some headway on my backlog! Though I suspect more releases I want will be crammed into the latter half of the year again.

Magician wrote:

Listening to the constant Switch Pro rumors throughout 2020 is going to be exhausting. Even more so than the Switch Mini rumors were from late 2018 through 2019 before the Switch Lite was officially announced.

I agree. I don't mind some speculation, but I do get tired of "N3v3rL13z987 heard a rumor from their uncle's grandpa's third cousin five times removed who works for Nintendo that the Switch 4DS XL Pro Maxx is in the works!" and so on. Would it kill people to at least be surprised once in awhile?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

link3710

Well, the Kingdom Hearts rumor is already a bust, it's another MTX heavy mobile title that's probably going to be terrible if KHUX is anything to go by.

link3710

toiletduck

DannyBoi wrote:

@toiletduck In what way?

Ok I'm going to try to explain it seriously once...

Don't mean to offend you, but your expectations and the way you think people would respond to some things (e.g. eShop overhaul, DMC3 release) aren't exactly realistic nor mainline. The world is much more indifferent than you may think, especially when it comes to relatively unimportant stuff. Unimportant for most others that is, obviously these things matter a lot to you.

@gcunit yeah you may be right. I hate reading half threads though, so hardly ever ignore someone. And even if I do, after a few weeks I usually come back from it

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

BruceCM

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics is up to pre-load now .... Also on XB1, Steam & GoG!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Magician @Tyranexx It'll be like this for Sony and Microsoft stuff too. Push Square is very much "[insert rumour] suggests that PS5 will be announced in February with [insert games] lineup." and the Xbox front is "Look at all these ports on the back of the Series X".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Magician @Tyranexx @Grumblevolcano What's frustrating is that people are treating it as a given...and it's such a big idea (on the basis of zero evidence) that people are bound to talk about it until it eventually happens. And at a minimum that's going to be until summer, based on usual console reveals.

Xbox ports? People will forget about that in a few months.

At least 2'8".

NotTelevision

The Pro speculation will die down once Nintendo reveals more of its plans for 2020. It’s just a slow time for gaming news so people are grabbing at whatever rumor is flying around.

As far as the “power gap” is concerned, I think Nintendo will be able wrangle more developers into its ecosystem even after the PS5 and XSeX launches.

They seem intent in the Switch era to not have the platform fall into irrelevancy like the Wii and WiiU. Also not having to divide the exclusives between a handheld and a home console will continue help the Switch expand its library faster.

NotTelevision

DannyBoi

The Switch pro will be like a PS4 pro. Considerable boost in performance, slight boost in graphics.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

DannyBoi

@StephanDLW Why would only ds and 3ds games be playable on the Switch pro?

Anti-Matter

@StephanDLW
If Switch Duo has a slot for NDS and 3DS cartridge, i will be shocked and gleefully buy Switch Duo ASAP. 😀

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@NotTelevision Yeah, pretty much. Rumours were especially rampant during the Nintendo drought of summer 2016. The battle between Eurogamer's NX is a hybrid rumours vs. some other rumours that NX was going be some home console that's more powerful than PS4.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

They may reveal the Switch pro in an E3 direct.

gcunit

Yeah, as much as I would like it, I think Nintendo prefers the idea of selling us 3DS ports etc. rather than providing backwards compatibility.

It's kinda strange hearing that Xbox and PlayStation are supposedly embracing b/c next gen, given just how many remasters there's been this gen.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MuhBael

I'm 100% sure a Switch Pro and Switch Lite Pro will happen but it is not getting announced this year.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

redd214

@DannyBoi I thought you were so convinced that they weren't doing directs anymore lol!

redd214

DannyBoi

@redd214 Because Nintendo have been so quiet.

1UP_MARIO

My turn.
I think the switch pro or glow or even tinky winky la la Poe will come out winter 2022.
Games will or aim to run 1080p and 60fps.
And it will have more powaa and knuckles

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

I'd laugh if a direct was sprung on us todayXD! Out of nowhere! Bazinga

HobbitGamer

@1UP_MARIO I’d buy the Switch Tinky Winky La La Poe day one if it had sparkly buttons that were all different colors. But if any were the same color, it would be a hard pass for me. #UncensoredButtons

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic