Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,601 to 45,620 of 69,981

link3710

@DannyBoi Perhaps. Though, it's nowhere as simple an issue as you make it sound.

Regardless, the question remains: why not sell your switch and buy and Xbox? Wouldn't you be happier with that?

link3710

Azooooz

@DannyBoi Don't you have smartphone for messaging? Just saying.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MuhBael

I personally like how simple the E-Shop on the Switch is compared to the 3DS. Can't remember how the PS4 looked but whatever. Is easy to find what you are looking for in the E-shop and that's what matters in the end

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

Azooooz

@New_Guest You don't have to have their numbers to message them. I'm talking about application such as Nintendo Online app. If I were Nintendo, I would update it to make messaging with friends using it on condition that your Switch is also online so that there won't be any abuse of the service.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
I have both Switch and PS4 Slim.
They are complementing each other.
I consider Switch as a Primary machine while PS4 as a Secondary machine.

Anti-Matter

Diddy64

@Heavyarms55 @BruceCM After a few things I allowed permission for other apps to use, I was able to put the attachments and send the message recently. Thanks to both for your help. I really appreciate it.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

link3710

@New_Guest The bigger issue is that most people never check their console messages. At least for me, I find that messaging on the PS4 is useless because no one ever checks it. I just use Discord for all my gaming needs, whether it's PC, PS4, or Switch. It helps centralize it too so I don't have to check three different locations to see if anyone wants to play a game.

I get some people use console messaging apparently? But really, isn't it redundant when there's 2000 other applications that will handle messaging better than anything Nintendo would make?

EDIT: Also to clarify, if I want to play games with someone, the chance of me ever being online on my console at the same time as my friends without reaching out to them over another medium is slim to none, so that's probably another reason why I don't get it. Unless you plan these things ahead of time, what are the chances of anyone seeing your messages?

Edited on by link3710

link3710

HobbitGamer

After being mostly away from the Xbox system and on Switch for 2 years now, I don’t miss messenger at all. Or party chat, really. I’ve ended up playing more story-focused games and genres I otherwise wouldn’t have played.
Also, going from a cold boot into a game on X1 takes loads more time than the Switch.
I’m happy with the current Switch OS being centered around just games.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer yea, I'm with you. Thats been a dream( jumping into a game in a matter of minutes. Same for story driven games as well. Used to be into sports and first person shooters more than anything but I'm trying more genres now with the switch. Its really opened my eyes to new things.

NintendoByNature

Atomic77

I was never really anywhere into the Metroid games but I do know they are popular. I’m
Pretty sure the Switch will get one before too long.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
Just sell it. You seem to complain about everything and make it seem like such a huge deal, like you can’t enjoy the video games on the system because the menu theme is simple. Or can’t manually back up your save which nobody does because you would literally have to do it every single time you play a game which is extremely cumbersome. I tried it and after a week I gave up. I’d rather lose my saves than waste my life away digging in menus to back up save files every time I play a game for five minutes.

You can go through life demanding things to be exactly how you think they should be and then complaining about every little wrinkle of deviation from your vision, or you can accept things for what they are and just enjoy them. The system is awesome. It has lots of great games. You can play them anywhere. If that’s not enough for you then playing games isn’t your top priority. It’s fine to want bells and whistles, but at the end of the day they’re just bells and whistles. Switch has it where it counts... in spades.

Most of us here appreciate the simplicity of the switch and how lightning fast it is compared to the sluggish OS of the PS4. The price you pay for bells and whistle’s is lag. Longer boot times, more menu digging to sleep. Screenshot capture delay. The price you pay is waiting five seconds for a folder to load its contents. Most of us here value instant response time over some silly background image or cumbersome back up process when there’s a perfectly legit automatically back up process for pennies a day, or web browser when even the poverty stricken homeless have cell phones nowadays which are much, much more convenient for non gaming tasks. Things like that were novel back when there was 56K dial-up. But it’s 2020 now. And almost no one cares about having a browser on a gaming console anymore than they care about having a CD drive on their computer.

So just sell it and go buy something else. Nintendo doesn’t need your sale. They’re gonna break 100 million systems sold with or without you. If all you see in it is things to complain about, then just sell it. Tonight even. There are plenty of people out there who would love to have your system and would get great satisfaction out of it. Sell it to someone who actually appreciates what it’s offering rather than nitpicking everything it isn’t.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@Diddy64 I'm glad things worked out!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

electrolite77

Don’t get this fascination with the various Digital storefronts. They all work the same to me. I load it up, search for the game I want, buy it, then close it down. Same as physical Retail shops, I go in knowing what I want because I’ve done my research beforehand.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

DannyBoi wrote:

If Nintendo actually listened towhat the fans had to say, things would be much better with the Switch. But nintendo knows best.

If Nintendo listened to this fan they’d add Folders and leave it at that, as keeping the fast speed of the system is my priority. There’s no such thing as a ‘fans’ opinion to listen to, as ‘fans’ represents millions of people with different opinions.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Grumblevolcano

@electrolite77 Eshop could do with some kind of recommendations system, especially because of times like these when Nintendo is being very secretive. Like before March is very bad on the Switch for those who don't like Fire Emblem but maybe a recommendation system would help them find something they do want.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Johnny44

I mean, seriously, who needs a browser on it these days?! I have one on my Kindle and have used it literally once. You have your phone/iPad/PC if you need a browser.

I agree a 'Recommendations for you' tab in the eShop would be useful though.

Johnny44

TuVictus

electrolite77 wrote:

Don’t get this fascination with the various Digital storefronts. They all work the same to me. I load it up, search for the game I want, buy it, then close it down. Same as physical Retail shops, I go in knowing what I want because I’ve done my research beforehand.

That's how I feel, lol, but apparently people really struggle with navigating store pages

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

@PikPi @electrolite77 I agree with both. I don’t even use the eshop on the Nintendo switch. I find buying what I want through the mobile/browser much quicker. Same goes for ps3/4 3ds/wiiu

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

redd214

Yeah I've never understood it either. Admittedly the ps4 store is noticeably slower than the eshop on Switch but it's definitely not as dramatic a difference as folks make it out to be. Sure there could be improvements but ive never had an issue finding what I was looking for or buying something even if it did take a bit longer.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic