Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,561 to 45,580 of 69,988

Octane

So... What 2020 Nintendo games do we know about. Animal Crossing in March. That's all, right?

Octane

Magician

@link3710 - Don't forget Snack World in February. That's a 3DS port/Switch console exclusive.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@JaxonH Seems like they're telling people the game has gyro controls.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

Octane wrote:

So... What 2020 Nintendo games do we know about. Animal Crossing in March. That's all, right?

Snack World in February, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Remake in March.

And some other exclusive games with no solid release dates.

Deadly Premonition 2
Xenoblade Chronicles DE
No More Heroes III
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
Brigandine
Rune Factory 5

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

@Magician I meant Nintendo's own games. Animal Crossing (and I guess the ports of Xenoblade and PMD), but that's it right? We usually get 5-6 of them I feel like. So that means there's still a lot to come.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane It's Nintendo. We'll be waiting for half a year before we find out about some of their biggest 2020 releases.

link3710

@Magician I mentioned it in my list already actually. Snack World I may pick up during the summer?

@Octane 2017 had 23 Nintendo published titles across all platforms, 2018 had 27, 2019 had 18. I'd say somewhere in the 20s has been the average. So far this year we have 3 with release dates (TMS#FE, PMD, AC:NH), and 2 without (BD2/XC:DE), so we'll probably see another 16 over the course of the year. That includes stuff like Stretchers or Boxboy and new mobile games as well, plus Labor, fitness, and the one title a year they usually publish for Square Enix but... that still leaves room for plenty of games.

link3710

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, but isn't it weird that we know nothing except for AC? I guess maybe Zelda, which I still think is coming this year, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Octane

JaxonH

@Ralizah
What?!!!

Celebrate!!!

They actually replied to my tweet just now confirming. Run that.

Its so good to see these companies truly are making gyro standard now. There's such high demand for it on Switch. I suspect this will ultimately bleed over to other platforms as devs start implementing elsewhere, having "seen the light" from their Switch ports.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Octane Not really. If you recall, at the start of 2018 we knew almost nothing about the big releases that year either. It's just how Nintendo is.

IceClimbers

Yeah Q1 is pretty solid at this point. MUCH better than Q1 2018 and Q1 2019 were, that's for sure.

I believe Animal Crossing is the only new Nintendo game known for this year. The others are a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the remakes of Mystery Dungeon and Xenoblade.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH Awesome, I'd already tweeted but good to know. Do we know if Dualshock 5 / XBSX controllers have gyro? I'm hoping it at least becomes standard for single player games, so that way it can bleed into multiplayer as well.

@IceClimbers They're publishing Bravely Default II if that counts?

link3710

Ralizah

@Octane Smash Ultimate. Kirby: Star Allies. Pokemon Let's Go P/E. Super Mario Party. Torna: The Golden Country. Numerous Wii U ports. Labo stuff.

Probably the worst first-party year for the Switch so far, but still not bad if you like most of those properties.

JaxonH

@link3710
DS5 will certainly have gyro, as DS4 did. No word on XSX controller though. I tweeted Phil, but unless theres more demand on social media I'm not sure Xbox is going to bother.

It's a feature the Xbox and Sony crowd doesnt ask for because they've never properly used it because devs dont implement it. And devs dont implement it because the Xbox and Sony crowd doesnt ask for it. A catch 22 where they never understand what they're missing. And the cycle continues.

Thank God for the Switch fanbase stepping up and voicing their demand for gyro. Its thanks to that demand we have the feature nearly standard today.

And thank God PC can map it for any and every game.

High end graphics gyro.
Portable gyro.
All bases are covered.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@sneazzy95
Nothing is going to change the 1st party lineup for January - March. Thats set already with Brain Age, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Fire Emblem expansion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing.

So it doesnt matter if they tell you what's coming after that now, just 16 days into the new year, or next month, or the month after that. It won't change the lineup, whether we know about it now or not.

Last year was a Feb direct, and sometimes it's even as late as March. So unless we get all the way to Animal Crossing without word, they're not taking too long. People are just being impatient wanting to know right this second.

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

@Ralizah To be fair, I had to look them up. I didn't buy any of them, so I couldn't remember anymore.

Octane

DannyBoi

@JaxonH Nintendo need to stop being so quiet about their plans in general.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

IceClimbers

Quite excited for Fighters Pass 2.

Calling it right now, one of the six will be Urshifu to promote the Sword/Shield Expansion Pass.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH Oh I know DS4 does, I use it as my PC gaming controller for that reason. Wouldn't be the first time someone took away a controller feature though. Still, if it does have both Gyro and paddles, I'll probably be replacing my PC controller for that.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic