Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,541 to 45,560 of 69,981

redd214

@Dezzy I have that as well, works great. Glad you found a solution!

redd214

Ralizah

@Dezzy Own that as well. It also works for controllers from other systems, like the Wii U (I sometimes use it to play my Wii U Pro Controller on the Switch).

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

So,

Metro Redux was just announced for Switch. Both games on cart.

Bioshock Collection rated for Switch with multiple retailer listings.

Saints Row 4 rated for Switch with retailer listings.

Tropico 6 rated for Switch with listings.

Who needs Directs anyways, ammirite?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Toy_Link

At this point, I’m thinking that Nintendo knew Byleth would be controversial in the Smash fan base (FE character), so they decided to have the announcement trailer attached to the presentation instead of having a trailer attached to TGA or a ND and get those events a massive influx of dislikes from Smash fanboys.

I haven’t seen the full presentation yet, but from the bits I’ve seen he looks pretty neat.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Buizel

@Toy_Link I thought it was a bit odd to have this reveal in a standalone direct actually. Having the context of a "smash reveal made the trailer a lot less impactful - it was clear within seconds that it would be a Three Houses character in Smash.

In any other context they could have tricked us into thinking it was other Three Houses news...

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

I like the fact Three Houses is getting representation. It deserves it.

That said, I can appreciate the sentiment of "too much FE" and I think Rex from Xenoblade 2 would have been more deserving given only 1 Xenoblade character to date. And even with Byleth, I think Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude echoes would have been rad. Though I'm not sure how their move sets would have matched up.

Oh well. I'll take it as a win. I love Three Houses so it's all good.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DannyBoi

So goodbye normal direct.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

gcunit

Dezzy wrote:

@redd214

Turns out that same company (8bitdo) make a usb adapter that allows you to use a PS4 controller on the Switch. The gyro even works. So I went with that instead! Far cheaper given that I already have a PS4 controller.

Might be worth taking into account that PS4 controllers have pretty w@nky battery life.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

Yeah I think the Direct is February. So many things have been announced this week that would've normally been saved for the Direct if it was happening.

@gcunit

I do use it for the PS4! My battery seems fine. Not as longlife as other controllers but still good enough. Mine lasts probably 10-15 hours on a full charge.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MuhBael

@DannyBoi Seems like it. God this is giving me 2018 flashbacks

Edited on by MuhBael

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

DannyBoi

@Dezzy I hate the way Nintendo has started this year,wedon't know much about their plans for 2020.

DannyBoi

@gcunit The ps4 controller has short battery life. I honestly don't know how Nintendo makes the Joycons last so long.

link3710

Well with what are presumably the last 1st party releases of Q1 announced, I think we can be certain that it's booked at least:
1st Party
Jan: TMS#FE + Smash - Byleth
Feb: FE:TH Story DLC
March: PMD:Rescue DX + Animal Crossing New Horizons
3rd Party
Jan: Kentucky Route Zero + Atlier Dusk Trilogy + Puzzle & Dragons Gold + Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Feb: Darksiders Genesis + Dark Crystal + DMC 3 + Orochi 4 Ultimate + Samurai Shodown + Snack World + Mega Man X/ZX + Metro Redux + Summer in Mara + More
March: La Mulana 1+2 + Langrisser 1+2 + Doom 64 + My Hero: One's Justice 2

Hopefully, we won't be seeing people complain about there being nothing to play this year given the wide variety of genres covered. We do still only know a total of like, 2 even slightly major releases in Q2 though (Minecraft Dungeons and Trials of Mana), so I'm curious if we'll see a massive lull then in things to play or not.

EDIT: Added Metro per JaxonH

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NintendoByNature

I know metro redux was confirmed but it looks like it's up for prepurchase on the u.s. eshop. Same with dmc3. Might go physical on MR though.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@link3710
Metro Redux Feb 28th.

link3710

@JaxonH Thanks, hadn't realized it already had a date. February will be packed this year.

I know I'm getting Dark Crystal + Summer in Mara + Darksiders Genesis... the rest will probably have to wait.

link3710

NintendoByNature

With the current line up we know of thus far, here's my purchases for Q1..
January- nothing for me outside of some Wii u vc games
February- Dmc3, megman zx collection, metro redux
March- doom 64 on the fence about Pokemon mystery dungeon

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Please guys, drop a reply to the Metro Redux tweet and ask for gyro aiming. The fact they're responding about being on cart but not the ones about gyro indicates to me it's not included. Especially being Deep Silver.

Take 30 seconds. Even a one-word reply that says "gyro" would be enough. Ratio the heck out of their replies to let them know we want gyro!!!

MsJubilee

Who is this we you're talking about?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic