Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,521 to 45,540 of 69,995

Dezzy

@redd214

Have you tried it? Or are you just basing it on the product description. Because quite a few of the really cheap ones CLAIM to have gyro. I just don't really trust them!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy yes I have that controller, gyro works fine though I don't use it at all personally. 8bitdo is reputable but if you're that concerned just get an official controller, they're always on sale nowadays so price difference is minimal.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

link3710

@DannyBoi Again, I'd bet you money that 10.0 will come and go with adding some meaningless feature no one will care about. I doubt they're holding anything back, because they aren't planning on expanding on the OS in any meaningful way.

link3710

Dezzy

@redd214

Ok, I'll take your word for it. I'll get that one when I can find a good price on ebay. There are loads of that brand all over the place.

redd214

@scubydo definitely not as pronounced and it's "weaker" I guess you could say but not really any different from regular PS/Xbox controllers. Never been really impressed by HD rumble but it still works great!

@Dezzy cool, the 8bitdos go on sale pretty regularly as well. Good luck!

redd214

RR529

@Dezzy, the wireless PowerA controller I have has gyro. I've only used it a bit in Luigi's Mansion 3, but it seemed to work well from what I could tell.

It has no rumble at all though, if that's a concern.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DarkRula

@scubydo Possibly the Gamecube-like ones. I've got two of 'em and the gyro works pretty good in them.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

RR529

@scubydo, it has the regular layout (not the GCN one), with a black top and red belly (the d-pad is a metallic red, the shoulder, +, -, capture, & home buttons are red, and the face buttons are black with red lettering).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

Ugh all of the ones with gyro that actually work seem to be expensive. The only cheap one is the one that looks identical to the official pro controller, but apparently it has buttons that just randomly fail.

link3710

@Toy_Link I don't know why people think he's in Smash? That info would be under NDA...

link3710

link3710

@DarthNocturnal True, but has any company ever spoiled a third party character that way in the past? I don't recall any of them have Capcom/Sega/Squeenix/Microsoft hint at the date. I'd assume the date of the reveal would be covered in an NDA anyways, if it's written properly.

link3710

Matthew010

I'm confident that whoever the 5th fighter is will release today.

Matthew010

Diddy64

@Heavyarms55 @BruceCM sorry for taking so long to reply. Sincerely hope that it's the Gmail settings because my tablet is fairly new. A Samsung Galaxy Tab A, to be precise. I'll check out and see if that's the issue.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Grumblevolcano

The January 16th DMC3 news is Free Style mode:

This doesn't deconfirm Dante for Smash but January 16th wasn't a hint.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Diddy64 Well either way, if it's a setting issue, you should be able to change the setting. Absolute worst case scenario - you'd have to go to your provider and change something that way. Assuming your tablet is 4G, if you are on WiFi then no worries.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

User creations sure seem to push the limits of hardware. I came across those "Refreshing special" courses in Mario Maker 2 and the Switch just can't cope with it, the framerate drops so much.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@redd214

Turns out that same company (8bitdo) make a usb adapter that allows you to use a PS4 controller on the Switch. The gyro even works. So I went with that instead! Far cheaper given that I already have a PS4 controller.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic