Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,881 to 44,900 of 69,981

JaxonH

Well, I've concluded bluetooth headphones is a lost cause for gaming. They all have lag, even with aptx. Bought multiple pairs and adapters, and some were better than others, but they all have lag- best case scenario was probably 250-300ms. Fine for phones and tablets where video is synced, or for music. But for gaming, Idk why anyone would use bluetooth. Best to stick with wired or wireless headphones that dont use bluetooth.

Btw, Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection eshop listing has been updated to show a 19gb file size, not 11gb. Which ya, there was no way both those games combined were 11gb.

Was watching IGN's weekly Nintendo Voice Chat podcast and, it seems all 4 of them think Fire Emblem should have been nominated for GotY.

And, as if 3 random, unrelated topics weren't enough, let's go for 4: Pokemon is awesome! I've finally gotten into Pokemon Sword and Shield, not being a fan, but this game has made me a fan. Evolved my first Pokemon, started learning tricks of the trade from my coworker who's playing and an avid fan... I'm shocked how addictive it is.

Ok random topic post over and out.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Debating how to use my gold points (about $13).

Was thinking about getting Unravel 2 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 with the points.

However, I could also use the points towards one of the $20 titles (AC3 being the frontrunner, though the upcoming release of Call of Juarez is also tempting)

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea I really didn't wana pay 15 for dmc but it was 5 off so I went with it. @IceClimbers there's definitely a couple good free games you can get with those gold coins. Gato roboto is only 4 bucks and it scored an 8 on NL

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I’ve poured through the entire list of games on sale, beyond the short list provided by Nintendo, and have made a custom list of games I feel are worth mentioning. Obviously there are games on sale that are not mentioned here but my intention was to curate a list that would have most of the best games on it for those who wish to peruse its contents...

Jaxon’s Custom Curated Sale List
Ace Attorney Trilogy 33%
AI The Somnium Files 30%
Assassin’s Creed III Collection 50%
Banner Saga 3 50%
Bastion 75%
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 30%
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 30%
Castlevania Collection 50%
Celeste 50%
Child of Light 50%
Contra Collection 50%
Cuphead 25%
Dark Souls 40%
Dead Cells 20%
Diablo III: Eternal Collection 33%
Divinity: Original Sin 2 20%
DOOM 50%
Dragon Ball Fighter Z 75%
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen 33%
Fire Emblem Warriors 30%
God Eater 3 40%
GRANDIA HD Collection 30%
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice 50%
Hotline Miami Collection 50%
Hyper Light Drifter 40%
Inside 30%
Limbo 30%
Lumines Remastered 50%
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle 75%
Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition 75%
Mario Tennis Aces 30%
Mega Man 11 50%
Mega Man Collection 33%
Mega Man Collection 2 50%
Mega Man X Collection 50%
Mega Man X Collection 2 50%
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate 50%
Mortal Kombat 11 50%
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe 30%
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 30%
OKAMI HD 25%
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition 30%
Overwatch: Legendary Edition 25%
Rayman Legends 70%
Resident Evil 0 50%
Resident Evil HD 50%
Resident Evil 4 33%
Resident Evil Revelations 30%
Resident Evil Revelations 2 30%
Sega Genesis Classic 50%
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero 50%
Slay the Spire 20%
Sniper Elite III 33%
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 20%
South Park Stick of Truth 50%
South Park The Fractured But Whole 67%
Starlink Battle For Atlas Deluxe Edition 67%
Steamworld Dig 70%
Steamworld Dig 2 50%
Steamworld Quest 30%
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection 50%
Super Monkey Ball 25%
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition 50%
Team Sonic Racing 50%
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 50%
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 30%
Torchlight II 30%
Trials Rising 50%
Trials Rising Gold Edition 50%
Unravel Two 75%
Valiant Hearts 50%
Valkyria Chronicles 50%
Valkyria Chronicles 4 50%
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 50%
Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe Edition 50%
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 30%
YS VIII Lacrimosa of Dana 50%

Honorable Mentions
Disgaea 1 50%
Disgaea 4 20%
Disgaea 5 50%
Hob 30%
Katamari Damacy Reroll 40%
Labyrinth of Refrain 50%
Snipperclips 50%
Sonic Mania 50%
Super Bomberman R 75%
Super Mario Party 30%
Taiko no Tatsujin Drum ‘n’ Fun 60%
Wargroove 30%

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Not bad. I'd throw in the 67% (I think) discount for the Starlink Digital Deluxe Edition ($26.39 for a game that usually costs $79.99, which itself is still a bargain compared to what you'd be paying for the same content with the physical toys).

Oh, and the Contra Anniversary Collection is also 50% off.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iKhan

I'm conflicted. I've been wanting to play Ys VIII and it's on sale right now for 30 bucks, but I have a pretty limited money supply right now, very limited time, and several games I still need to either finish or that I haven't even started yet.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Magician

That's interesting, considering the game isn't set to release on Switch until next year.

Anywho, how has everyone else faired with their Black Friday shopping? I snagged Cities Skylines (50% off), Forager (33% off), and Trine 4 (33% off) from Amazon. But I missed Super Lucky's Tale. And I was sad to see God Eater 3 stand pat at $40. I need that game to be $30 or less to justify a purchase.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I must have missed those.

Added.

Ryu_Niiyama

1 TB microsd card is down to 200 USD on amazon. That was the sweet spot I was hoping for so I snagged one.

That does leave me with limited funds for the games sales though. Sigh...

Edit: deal is over in the US.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Collection of Mana is on sale everywhere, but the only reason I'd be buying it is to play Trials of Mana, and a full-blown 3D remake of that is coming next year, so I think I'll probably save my money.

@iKhan It's not like the game is going anywhere (digitally, anyway; if you want physical niche games, it's usually better to jump sooner than later), and it's not like this is the last time NISA will put the game on sale. Chances are fairly high that it'll go on sale for an even deeper price at some point in the future.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
That’s a steal!

Tempted to grab another one so I can have a 2nd stored in my Nyko kickstand (since I’m already maxed at 1TB and have started archiving) buuut... within a year or two, we’ll see 1.2 TB cards, and then 1.5 TB cards, and when I upgrade I’ll already have 3 spare 1TB cards left over which can be used as said backup in kickstand.

So ya, I think I’ll wait. But that is awful tempting.

JaxonH

And here’s another deal from Antonline via google shopping to match the $175 Switch Lite

$299 for Nintendo Switch v2 + Crash Team Racing + 12 mo Nintendo Online subscription

Nintendo Switch v2 + Crash Team Racing + 12 mo Nintendo Onlin...

Edited on by JaxonH

AndyD

@JaxonH hey I can use two different SD cards with the switch right? I mean obviously I will need to switch them out depending on the games on them. They won’t reformat every time I try to put them back in correct ?

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

@scubydo
Yes.

Just power off, swap the micro SD, and power back on. All the games installed across both micro SD will show as icons for both microSD, but the games not installed on that particular micro SD will have the cloud icon above them denoting they can be re-downloaded.

I recommend using these if you have 2 micro SD cards to switch between. Plastic redesign from the original aluminum design.

Edited on by JaxonH

AndyD

@JaxonH thanks! I was going to put all my rpgs and bigger games on the 512 card. And use my 200 for my extra games. I will still have plenty of room on both with some extra. The eshop sale is going to create a bind on my storage.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Grumblevolcano

Between Black Friday sales and the release of the expansions, Civ Vi is doing very well on the UK eshop. Up to 7th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Wierd thing happened with my v2 switch. Playing for a few hours. Go to the home page which i have set as a black background. With my screen still on the home page, I noticed these 3 straight 1/4-1/2" lines running down from the very top of my screen. I turned the screen off and back on... for only 2 lines to be there in almost the same spot. After turning it off again and back on, theres nothing there. It was kind of odd. I looked at the screen without the switch on and no scratches were in that place. Plus i have a screen protector. Hope it's not an issue and I never see it again, it was just really wierd.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

It's kind of weird but given the insanity of summer/fall 2019, I'm wondering if December would've been a better release date for Super Mario Maker 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic