Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,881 to 44,900 of 45,675

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I actually just finished it up after just pausing my movie, going to dock, and grabbing my pro 😁

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

I played with a D-Pad shell over my D-buttons. I think, one time, I pressed near the center and accidentally dropped a piece where I didn't want to, but, otherwise, the D-Pad shell that came with my Skull and Co. grip continues to work brilliantly. It's actually better than the Collective Minds skin in the sense that it also works the Joycon when it's being slid into the joycon grip, so it's a great docked option as well.

Anyway, I nabbed the theme an hour and a half ago, or so. It's brilliant. I'm going to make sure I have a full set of all these Tetris 99 themes.

Ralizah

Ralizah

Was this posted already? Spyro is looking pretty darn clean on the Switch... at least in docked mode. This bodes well for undocked performance, though, if it holds up through the three games?

Ralizah

DenDen

@Ralizah this looks very good

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

@Ralizah

I posted in the Spyro thread, although it's not clear which the official Spyro thread is. Maybe a moderator could fix that?

PikPi wrote:

If Nintendo ported any Mario games, I would definitely prefer the Galaxy games to Sunshine

Same. That would also be far easier for them to do, because all they need is to be rendered at a higher resolution and the original games still look great.
I just hope we get one or the other.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tsurii

Nah, I'd take Sunshine or even 64 over Galaxy any day of the week. The first one was fine, but far from my favorite platformer (Mario or otherwise) and the second game just was super bland to me. It bored me to literal sleep a couple times. The best thing about Galaxy is Ghost Mario and even then it's strictly the design that appeals to me.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

DenDen

Galaxy is in my opinion the worst 3d Mario game (stil good though)
Didnt like the mechanics level design and the general idea

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Tangerine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07P9W5HJV/ref=ox_sc_saved_i...

1TB micro SD Sandisk extreme 100quid off (it's now £350) in the UK. Lowest price I've seen it, admittedly I've only looked on Amazon though.

1-2 month wait though, on delivery. Ouch

Still way too pricey for me. I think at £150 I'd consider getting one. That may take a while to get that low sadly.

Tangerine

Ralizah

@Dezzy Well, in the case of Sunshine, they'd also need to change how the FLUDD controls due to the Switch's lack of analogue triggers.

Ralizah

Dezzy

Who the hell would pay more for the SD card than the console?

I got the 256GB card that NLife pointed out a few months back for £25. Bargain! That's as much as I'll ever need.

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy Well, in the case of Sunshine, they'd also need to change how the FLUDD controls due to the Switch's lack of analogue triggers.

Yeah I forgot about that. Probably easy to find an alternative though. The modded Wii U version of Gamecube version figured out an alternative that worked fine on the WiiU gamepad.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tsurii

@Ralizah did you ever need more than the light taps and the full pressured water stuff anyway? Tap for former, hold for latter. 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Tangerine

I never owned Mario Sunshine on my gamecube. Never got to play it either. Same with metroid prime, pikmin, Mario strikers, fire emblem and lots of others. I didn't even buy Luigi's mansion at launch, but have played that on 3DS now. I had enough cash for one game along with the console and chose rouge squadron (which was brilliant fun) I still remember being blown away in the video game store playing the demo for it.

Anyways... Mario Sunshine always looked fun to me. I know it's a bit devicive though. It's one thing to look at 20 mins of footage and another to play the whole game.

I'd rather mario odyssey 2 came out than a remake of Sunshine tbh...

Tangerine

GrailUK

@Tsurii Absolutely! I really appreciate the subtle precision on stuff like that. I'd rather be able to press a trigger with a particular pressure than have to align my character up so they are in the correct place. It makes spraying water more...fluid. (sorry). It's fine not to use the triggers like that, but omitting it would really lose the sense of 'mastering' the controls for me.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

EvilLucario

@Tsurii

Tsurii wrote:

Nah, I'd take Sunshine or even 64 over Galaxy any day of the week. The first one was fine, but far from my favorite platformer (Mario or otherwise) and the second game just was super bland to me. It bored me to literal sleep a couple times. The best thing about Galaxy is Ghost Mario and even then it's strictly the design that appeals to me.

Untitled

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DarkRula

It's not really that hard to redo the FLUDD controls. RB for light spray, RT for hard spray [or the other way around, and yes, I realise I'm using Xbox labelling]. That still leaves two other shoulder buttons free, which I'm pretty sure Sunshine never used anyway.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NintendoByNature

Well I traded in my og switch for the v2. Barely spent anything with all the gs credit I had. Anxious to see how the battery actually is later tonight

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Test with Battery life drainer games such as BOTW / DQB2 / Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles and measure how many % depleted in first 5 minutes.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

gcunit

I would trade better battery life for a screen that was bright enough for clear outdoor use.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

redd214

@NintendoByNature glad you put all that extra credit to good use

I picked up a "new" regular switch when it was released and the difference in battery life is definitely noticeable. I'm sure you'll love it, congrats!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic