Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,781 to 44,800 of 45,737

Tasuki

Downloading the Dragon Quest XI S demo right now. I can't wait to play it. I purposely held off from buying it on PS4 for this version alone.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

With RPG Maker MV delayed into 2020 looks as though I'll be playing Collection of Mana instead in early September. Hardly a poor substitute. And it looks like Call of Cthulhu was locked in for an October 8th release date on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 412 games (as of September 20th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

DenDen

Bought special edition of astrial chain

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

JaxonH

Presently downloading Dragon Quest XI S, Dragon Quest XI S demo and Ni No Kuni. Just finished downloading Mario & Sonic, Witcher 3, Zelda Link’s Awakening and Torchlight II. Already downloaded Astral Chain, Spyro Trilogy and Daemon X Machina.

Thank goodness I had over half a dozen vouchers left to use.

@scubydo
It’s no problem. Here ya go

September
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (9/3)
Spyro Trilogy (9/3)
RPG Maker MV (9/3)
Torchlight 2 (9/3)
NBA 2K18 (9/6)
Daemon X Machina (9/13)
AI Somnium Files (9/17)
LEGO Jurassic World (9/17)
Ni No Kuni (9/20)
Zelda Link’s Awakening (9/20)
Baldur’s Gate (9/24)
Baldur’s Gate 2 (9/24)
Planescape Torment (9/24)
Icewind Dale (9/24)
Contra Rogue Corps (9/24)
FIFA 20 (9/24)
Darksiders II (9/26)
Ori & The Blind Forest (9/27)
Dragon Quest XI S (9/27)
GRID Autosport (9/?)
October
Sniper Elite III (10/1)
Yu-No (10/1)
Super Robot Wars V (10/3)
Ghostbusters (10/4)
The Alliance Alive (10/8)
Trine 4 (10/8)
Trine Collection [1/2/3/4] (10/8)
Aeternoblade II (10/11)
Doraemon Story Of Seasons (10/11)
The Witcher 3 (10/15)
A Hat In Time (10/18)
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition (10/18)
Destiny Connect (10/22)
Atelier Ryza (10/29)
Disgaea 4 Complete (10/29)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (10/29)
Resident Evil 5 (10/29)
Resident Evil 6 (10/29)
Resident Evil Triple Pack [4/5/6] (10/29)
WRC8 (10/31)
Luigi’s Mansion 3 (10/31)
Vampyr (10/?)
Yooka-Laylee And the Impossible Lair (10/?)

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

rallydefault

Yea, gonna try that Dragon Quest demo right now. I LOVE demos that let you carry over your progress, too, so props to them. Especially for an RPG.

rallydefault

IceClimbers

Conflicted about that demo a bit because it might make me want to play the full game sooner lol. I was planning on buying it, but not actually playing it until later on and instead focusing on Ori and Outlast (been sitting on that specifically so I could play it near Halloween) this October.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Heavyarms55

I'll probably try out the DQ demo this weekend. I agree that it's an awesome idea to release demos that let you carry over your progress if you buy the game. I don't understand why this isn't more common.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

JaxonH

Just beat Fire Emblem Three Houses not 5 minutes ago. Just in time for the Dragon Quest demo!

edit
Ok. I’m downright amazed at how good Dragon Quest XI S looks on Switch. You can tell it’s 720p like Xenoblade 2, but the art style covers it up so well- it looks way better than I expected (I’m guessing my m-Cable is pitching in a fair bit on AA for this game). And handheld mode too! I’m guessing it’s 540p, but again, the art style plays into it so nicely that it really looks better than expected. Better than Xenoblade 2, which was decent except for the huge dynamic res drops, which I don’t think this game has. That’s what killed Xenoblade 2 handheld- the dynamic res. Had it maintained the resolution from the starting point of the game all the way through it would’ve been just fine. This is a really big game. I can’t believe they got it looking and running so good (given expectations- I was never expecting 720p handheld for this). That said, they definitely prioritized performance first. The game runs really smoothly.

edit 2
Dragon Quest XI S is only $49.99 on Amazon US right now. That’s a steal.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

Going to give the demo a shot. Never played a dq game so I'm not sure what to expect. Hoping that 10 hours of content is enough to form an opinion. Although, if i play the full 10 hours, that likely means I like it enough to go buy it which is a problem in itself 😂

NintendoByNature

Lucarianzx

I thought I would hate Dragon quest but apparently I really like the demo. Anyways I'm freaking out because my switch online isn't working; I can't play smash or use the eshop properly. Is anybody else having similar issues? (It's not the wifi, my other devices are working just fine with the same connection and the Switch worked fine earlier today)

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

MarkL1987

My Joy Cons are off to repairs. Will likely be off my Switch due to this until I either get my Joy Cons back or I get a pro controller

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

DenDen

@JaxonH man you always make me happy with your hype hahah.
Cant wait for astrial chain,dragon quest, Zelda.
And after that if I stil have the need to play fire emblem I will Buy it!

Now playing
Switch : Astral Chain, Fire emblem tree Houses, Daemon X Machinema, (updated 14-09-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
No, I wasn't. It's technically a Sega game. Only Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, DQ Builders 2, Zelda Links Awakening, Daemon X Machina and Dragon Quest XI S so far.

@DenDen
It's exciting times right now 😀 So many great games releasing, many of which we've been waiting a very long time for.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

toiletduck

I've been on quite the gaming break these past couple of months. I've had trouble getting into Mario Maker. I've only played a few racing games on and off. I've also tried firing up my 3DS since I want to start (and finish) UltraSun before Sword/Shield lands, but somehow I just lack the motivation. Maybe it's my mood, maybe it's the lack of a game that really appeals to me in the right way...

I do expect that Zelda and Dragon Quest will get me to fire up my Switch more regularly though; those games both look amazing. Can't wait to get home and try DQ's demo!

toiletduck

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH that's what I assumed. I wanted that digitally but I might wait on the inevitable 10 buck discount from Wal-Mart for physical.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@JaxonH "It's exciting times right now "

That's not the description that emerges from my mouth when I look at my monthly statement in 4 weeks.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Just take out a loan or do like me and get a second job. (I mean you are still going to cry...but think of the games!)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BlueOcean

toiletduck wrote:

I've been on quite the gaming break these past couple of months. I've had trouble getting into Mario Maker. I've only played a few racing games on and off. I've also tried firing up my 3DS since I want to start (and finish) UltraSun before Sword/Shield lands, but somehow I just lack the motivation. Maybe it's my mood, maybe it's the lack of a game that really appeals to me in the right way...

That is normal if you ask me and I believe that doing nothing else but playing video games/using the computer like many people do is absolutely unhealthy. I love having breaks and doing other things that I love and when I go back to video games I enjoy them much more.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama A loan to subsidize gaming miiiight just draw the wrong response from the cartel. And second jobs are self defeating if they rob you of time to play the games. Maybe we need to rob a train? It's easier, it's faster, and it works really really well in RDR2.....

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic