Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,601 to 44,620 of 69,962

Ralizah

@Alstil Man, I'm still salty the shipment of mine was delayed. With all luck, I'll be getting mine tomorrow, but I really don't trust Amazon now.

It is a beautiful looking system. Really excited to get it.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

redd214

I was at my local Walmart this afternoon and they had a dozen of the Pokémon Lites in the case! I'd figured it would be popular but perhaps not.

redd214

Ralizah

@Link-Hero Well, I say delayed, but, in reality, the post office never received it. So I had to wait a day after the original arrival date to have it declared lost so that they could ship out a replacement.

They're annoying on the phone, though. You have to really press them to keep customer service from just blowing you off.

Best thing to do is to call them and keep escalating until somebody can make things right.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

The Cranky Kong saga is all I remember from before the awards show became the Game Awards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

I've seen a decent handful of adapters to use Bluetooth wireless headphones with Switch. Most I don't like because they end up being a big tumor looking thing clumped on the Switch. With the USB ones making the Switch too awkward to set in a stand or sit on my stomach while I'm laying down in bed. And the headphone jack adapters needing their own power source.

But I finally found one I like from some random company I've never heard of before - GuliKit. It's almost flat and the same black as the Switch and it works real nice! I'm sitting here listing to some Man with a Mission while typing. It sounds great! I tested it with Tetris 99 listening real close to the sound of dropping pieces and if there is latency/lag, it's too little for me to notice.

Further, I can't say for sure if it's the adapter or my headphones, (I don't know enough about the tech, maybe you can tell me?) but I literally put the Switch in one corner and moved as far away from it as I could in my apartment, closed both doors between me and it and I had no static or interruptions!

On an related note - I don't know if this is the adapter, or just USB headphones on Switch in general - but I get a LOT more volume this way than with wired headphones on the headphone jack. I can barely handle max volume painfully. But with the headphone jack sometimes it's still kinda quiet on max. I don't have a wired pair of USB-C headphones to test this with, has anyone else noticed this?

Not sure yet how this will affect battery on the Switch. I'll have to run some tests when I have the time. I'll try playing the same game with and without the adapter and see if there's a significant difference.

Can I share links on here? Otherwise I can throw you the link on Discord if you're interested. It was about 3000 yen, roughly 25 USD give or take.

Of course now that I finally caved and bought one, Nintendo will probably add this function finally in the next update. XD (I'd honestly be okay with that.)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

So here's my question for everyone: I still haven't opened Luigi's Mansion. Real Life(TM) keeps interfering. It was going to be my special Halloween game.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I just save it for next Halloween and make it a Halloween game as it's supposed to be at this point? Or is it too long to wait a whole year just to play this game I've been looking forward to all year? Not playing it at Halloween kind of kills part of the fun. Yet waiting a whole year sucks. Internet: You decide.

NEStalgia

jump

NEStalgia wrote:

So here's my question for everyone: I still haven't opened Luigi's Mansion. Real Life(TM) keeps interfering. It was going to be my special Halloween game.

Now I have a decision to make. Do I just save it for next Halloween and make it a Halloween game as it's supposed to be at this point? Or is it too long to wait a whole year just to play this game I've been looking forward to all year? Not playing it at Halloween kind of kills part of the fun. Yet waiting a whole year sucks. Internet: You decide.

Put The Nightmare Before Xmas, Krampus and Gremlins on the telly and play it on Xmas day!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Tangerine

It's too good to save for a whole year. Play it! Play it now! :]

Tangerine

HobbitGamer

Tangerine wrote:

@jump Don't forget die hard! That's a Christmas film

It most certainly is. I even have a Nakamura Christmas Party t shirt

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

jump

Tangerine wrote:

@jump Don't forget die hard! That's a Christmas film

It's not a horror film though. I suppose an alone man wondering around a multi-floored high rise is similar to the game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@NEStalgia
Yea, you've gotta play it sooner rather than later. Definitely don't wait a whole year for it. I'm not much of a theme person, though.

rallydefault

NEStalgia

@Link-Hero It might depend where it's shipping from and what carrier. I got a notice from FedEx on a package that their airport hub in TN got hit with an ice storm and most things due today was delayed in the US as a result. But, yeah, Amazon makes you wait until after the arrival date to do anything about it.

@rallydefault Hmm...I do theme things, and Mansion 2 was a blast when I saved it for Halloween week last time...but yeah, it's tempting to dive in because I just can't wait a whole year....I was looking forward to it for months. Spoil the thrill of LM at Halloween, or wait forever for a game I want to play....hard call....

NEStalgia

WoomyNNYes

@NEStalgia Put it in while the game still has a shiny, new, glowing aura around it. I thought I was over the Luigi's Mansion formula and was VERY skeptical that I'd like Luigi's Mansion 3. Once LM3 turns night, which is quick, I think you're going to love it.

And on a separate issue, I'm eagerly awaiting a Bee Simulator review.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia fantastic game. Play it. Your gonna love it. So much nintendo polish. So much charm

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tangerine

Agreed. I've just got to the 15th floor. It's taken me a while as I seem to want to vacuume everything up that's possible to vaccume up and search everywhere possible, thoroughly. I've put it down till tomorrow now. Brilliant game so far!

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

rallydefault

@NEStalgia
Hey, we still have our Halloween pumpkins on our front porch, slowly rotting away while the neighbors grumble about us behind our backs. So... there's that? lol

rallydefault

NEStalgia

@rallydefault You can just put the Christmas lights around the Halloween pumpkins and call it a job well done!

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

The final Shovel Knight expansions have a release date along with the amiibo and physical version for Switch/XB1, December 10th:

PS4 physical version is early 2020.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Feel like I’ve been waiting on the rest of Shovel Knight to wrap up and all it’s Amiibo for like, half a decade now.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic