Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,661 to 43,680 of 45,873

JaxonH

Eh, not really a big Smash fan. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy the series, casually. I buy each entry, sink 40 hours in and move on. It’s great seeing these characters added buuuut, it’s not exactly the kind of thing that hypes me up.

Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, and the actual game Dragon Quest XI S are what have me foaming at the mouth. Though I am grateful The Hero is in Smash, which will bring more awareness to the game and thus better sales. I only wish they added Byleth or Edelgard in Smash. I can already hear the complaints through my iPad. But this is one of the best video games I’ve played in years. It deserves representation (as did Xenoblade 2... both got the shaft).

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Anti-Matter

Too much Smash Bros contents.
I really wish more clarification about Pokemon Sword / Shield so peoples will not get misunderstood.
I wonder how is the progress of TOWN ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

The Joker video in April was split into 4 parts and was around 15 minutes:

• The conclusion to the December teaser trailer
  • The contents of Challenger Pack 1 (Joker's moveset, Mementos, Persona music)
  • Mii Fighter costumes
  • 3.0.0 update contents (Stage Builder, Video Editor, sharing content, connectivity with Smash World app)

Don't think the first point will apply this time as the E3 reveal of DQ Hero was more like your typical fighter reveal than December's trailer for Joker. So maybe 4.0.0 is larger and they also put in some amiibo announcements?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I play Smash with friends pretty much every weekend, but, single-player-wise, I'm pretty much done with the game, as I completed all classic mode runs and got to the true ending of WoL. Fun game, though. I'll nab the fighter's pass if they add Shantae (which they won't).

EDIT: Also, RE: Fire Emblem, it looks like Three Houses is outperforming Ninty's expectations big time. And, considering how well Awakening/Fates sold, that's saying a lot. FE going from near extinction to one of Nintendo's top series has been one of the cooler developments of the last decade.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

Ya, in the last 5 years both Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem have made a comeup (heck, Fire Emblem Three Houses will quadruple or quintuple sales of best pre-Awakening entry). And well deserved, they are my two favorite game series of all time, and for good reason.

Fire Emblem is much more impressive, just because it wasn’t really popular anywhere before 5 years ago. In the 20+ years and 12 games in series history up to that point, not a single one of them ever managed to break 1 million copies sold. And many times it was far less than that. And, it was on a downward trajectory (Shadow Dragon got as low as like 250k or something like that, they didn’t even bother localizing the sequel on DS).

Awakening was the right game at the right time. It was the first game to benefit from the era of Nintendo Directs, and the internet had become fairly widespread with smartphones at that point, meaning word-of-mouth for a really good game could spread quickly and easily. They also put a lot of effort into it with a really catchy art style, and dropped a demo. And the good reviews spread like wildfire.

Now, Three Houses is taking the series to the next level. Like, 4-5 million sold lifetime.

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

I’m just here, waiting on the Bear and Bird. I’ll probably watch the thing, because why not.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

@Ralizah
I'm about the same. I've actually played Smash Ultimate more than any Smash since the one on Gamecube, though. I've had a couple little local tournaments with lots of people, too. This one definitely has the most to do as a single player. You could easily play for 40+ hours just doing story, classic, and dabbling in spirit collection.

All that being said, I still haven't purchased the dlc pass, though. I HATE the practice of dlc, and I'm always a tough sell. I would rather games just get big expansions like they used to do for PC stuff back in the day rather than these little 5 and 10-dollar piecemeal things that sometimes give you just cosmetics and a couple levels. Only games I've bought dlc for, EVER, were: Mario Kart 8, BotW, and some of the earlier Call of Duty games.

I like the way the dlc was handled for BotW and MK. It was substantial and a perfectly reasonable asking price. It looks like the dlc for Fire Emblem will be similar, so I may get that.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ralizah

@rallydefault Games like Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, and Xenoblade 2 had massive single-player additions (the Torna DLC is so expansive that it's pretty much a separate JRPG in its own right), but yeah, I'm not a huge fan of DLC otherwise. Especially when Smash Ultimate is already drowning in fighters.

I ignored the DLC in Smash 4, and it turned out to be a great move, since they all returned in Ultimate's base game. We'll see what happens going forward.

Ralizah

redd214

Super Luckys Tale dropping November 8th

Priced at $40, bit of a tough sell there but I'm sure it'll drop quickly.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

@Tsurii Didn't Uncharted: The Lost Legacy come with Uncharted 4's season pass?

It's sorta like that.

Although the game is still kind of complementary, since it doesn't really stand well on its own, and it's short enough that it doesn't feel like a retail release to me.

Ralizah

link3710

Jeez, I know we were just talking about Fire Emblem being too niche to break in as one of Nintendo's main series, but the launch sales for Three Houses look like they might just prove me wrong. If this game breaks even 3 million it'll put it in the top 10 Nintendo published Switch titles. And we know Fates sold about 1 and a half mil, so it's actually vaguely possible. We'll just have to see. Once we get some info on Japan / US sales, there'll be a better picture anyhow.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Buizel

redd214 wrote:

Super Luckys Tale dropping November 8th

Priced at $40, bit of a tough sell there but I'm sure it'll drop quickly.

Blimey, wasnt it like £15 on Xbox?

I'm not gonna get this one. Played it on PC and it felt like an uninspired 3D World clone.

Buizel

RR529

Going back to the screenshot talk, @Ralizah, @JaxonH, @NEStalgia. You should totally post some to the "Switch Screenshot Thread". It seems like, at least over the past few months, I'm really the only one contributing, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Tangerine

Other threads outside this one exist? Who knew!

Tangerine

JaxonH

@link3710
Fates shipped nearly 3 million copies, actually (2.75m, to be precise). Awakening hit just over 2 million (2.25m, to be precise).

Three Houses will easily top 3 million. It may not have the duel release advantage that Fates had, but if the trend of selling double Awakening and Fates launch sales extends to all regions, we’ll be looking at over 4 million lifetime sales, with a potential 5 million within grasp. It just depends on what kind of legs this game has. Xenoblade 2 slowed way down after the hype dissipated, but FE games are known to be evergreen titles. Maybe not as much as Zelda or Mario, but certainly far more than Xenoblade.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

link3710

@JaxonH Huh, guess the source I found was old or wrong. But yeah, sounds like it's near guaranteed to join Splatoon, Mario Kart, Mario Bros, Mario Party, LoZ and Pokemon in the top 10 then.

link3710

BenGrimm

After having a moan the other day about the performance of MK11 on the Switch I’d like to add after a recent update it’s ran perfectly for me. Not a single crash or forced shut down after suffering quite a lot up till that point.

BenGrimm

JaxonH

Wow, Digital Foundry reports Wolfenstein on Switch is actually a pretty significant improvement over Wolf2. I guess the people who were reporting their hands on experience by saying it was worse just didn’t know what the heck they were talking about (GameXplain, eh ehm).

Said it pretty much sticks to 720p docked, and the dynamic res is not nearly as aggressive as in the last game. Instead of drops to 360p, they said occasionally 684p, but only briefly and not often.

And they say handheld pretty much sticks to 540p. And again the dynamic res isn’t nearly as aggressive.

That said there are still some frame drops into the 20s, which sucks, but it seems this game wasn’t very optimized on any platform given even X1X 4K drops almost down to 30 from 60.

But ya. That’s really excellent news, as a firm 720/540 is the threshold where games look respectable for docked/handheld (unless there is a more cartoony artstyle, such as Crash Racing, in which case you can actually go lower and you don’t really notice it that much). This makes me much more interested in playing the game (if I ever have time). It seems the games are getting better as Panic Button gains experience. DOOM Eternal hype!

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Toy_Link

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is up for pre-download on the US EShop and it is surprisingly small rolling in at 6.2 GB.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic