Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,621 to 43,640 of 69,954

Eel

@gcunit I just checked.

+/- and ZR/ZL takes you to the suspend menu if pressed, or the rewind menu if held.

+/- and SL/SR are select and start respectively.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

@StableInvadeel Yep, you're right, thank you Where did you find the answer? I did try looking.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Daemon X Machina Orbital Limited Edition back in stock at Amazon UK

DxM Orbital Edition Amazon UK

And Amazon Germany

DxM Orbital Edition Amazon DE

Both ship to the US.

Star Wars Pinball is pretty rad. Everyone needs at least one good pinball game in their library, and if you’re going to play pinball you might as well play Star Wars pinball. Tables are awesome, and it even has a campaign.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

If I was a fan of Daemon X Machina (and it wasn't a new IP) I might go through the hassle of importing that, but as it is, not worth it to me. Of course, I regret not getting the Astral Chain LE, but ah well. NA just doesn't get LEs anymore it seems.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Zero/ZX collection apparently has everything on the cart.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Looking very forward to the new Katanakami game. Way of the samurai is my guilty pleasure series (if they could polish the animation and graphics I feel like it would get the recognition it deserves because it has a wonderful combat system and is a very fun sandbox series) so I must have this day one.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Buizel

Surprised no-one is talking about Ring Fit Adventure!

I'm definitely interested in this one. I quite liked Wii Fit - so I'm already open to the idea of fitness based games - but what really interest me is the RPG-like adventure.

I think it helps combat a few concerns of the Switch Lite release - namely, that the Switch Lite would become the new "default" model, and that future games will be lacking in joycon-specific features.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

I still wonder if Ring Fit Adventures have male player and physical cartridge. 🤔

@Buizel
"Surprised no-one is talking about Ring Fit Adventure!"

Here i am. 😀

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter It will definitely have a physical cartridge, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't have a male character option

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

redd214

PSA: If youre in the US, some walmarts are selling Links Awakening amiibos early and for only $13!! Check brickseek to see local stock, Just bought a few !!!!

redd214

HobbitGamer

@redd214 Oh snap! Thanks for the heads up!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

redd214

@HobbitGamer you're welcome!

Also just like most recent Switch releases, Links Awakening will be $49.94 in store. Save a few bucks!!

redd214

NintendoByNature

Man, I'll have to grab the amiibo then. Also contemplating if I want to save some coin or go full price on the dreamer edition I have preordered thru amazon. Is Wal-Mart going to have the dreamer edition? Does anyone know and if they are, are special editions ever discounted?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

This discussion was kind of started in the Astral Chain thread but what are your top 5 games of this year so far?

Mine would be:
1. Astral Chain
2. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
3. Crash Team Racing
4. Team Sonic Racing
5. Super Mario Maker 2

Even once I catch up with 2019 backlog (e.g. Fire Emblem), I'd imagine Astral Chain would be very easily at the top. As for the other 4, CTR got rather grinding with the Spyro GP because of Activision's microtransaction strategy so enjoyment was reduced, Team Sonic Racing's online didn't last long and something feels missing from Mario Maker 2 that makes it less enjoyable so NSMBU Deluxe beat those 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

1 Astral Chain
2 Fire Emblem Three Houses
3 Dragon Quest Builders 2
4 Final Fantasy X/X-2
5 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
6 Daemon X Machina
7 Divinity Original Sin 2
8 Mario Maker 2
9 Trials Rising
10 Tales of Vesperia

I did not expect to like Daemon X Machina so much. I just can’t believe how fun this game is once you start learning the mechanics. There’s just so much depth on offer. It feels like Monster Hunter. So many high-level strategies and tricks you can use to stay boosting for three times as long or negate the landing animation or learning to discern your weapon’s optimal range, with 100% full customization for the control scheme, which I found incredibly useful as I remapped the buttons in a way that made more sense for me given there are so many commands in this game, and they even let you make short cuts by holding a button and pressing a different button! It’s crazy. And just when you think you’ve learned the mechanics you realize there’s a whole new set of mechanics for when you’re ejected out of the mech!

As you take damage certain parts of your mech (or “Arsenal” as they call it) can be destroyed which means you lose access to that right arm or left shoulder or whatever weapon was attached to it. Unless you pillage one from a downed enemy to replace it mid battle. But if they destroy your arsenal, you have to eject within a certain timeframe or you fail the mission (ala Xenoblade Chronicles X... now I understand these staple mech mechanics), but if you do eject, the mission is not over. And you can be surprisingly powerful as an “outer“, as it’s called (out of the mech). You have grenades you can throw by default, you can lay shock traps, shoot with a mini-drone, you can gain a double jump or a triple jump depending on the meal you eat before you go out on the mission (or ice-cream, rather)... it’s deep.

DxM is the biggest upset of the year, to me. Especially with the average reviews but, after spending a few hours with the demo and now a few hours more with the game, I can confidently say this game is freaking excellent. This is a quality mech game. QUALITY. That’s the only word that comes to mind for this game. It’s just so high-quality. The gyro is insanely fun, the rumble feedback is incredible and it even has 3 levels of vibration that you can choose from in the settings! The graphics look really nice and the menus are super well done, it has a very in-depth upgrade system, customization options that will make your head spin, all managed by your arsenal’s memory which is limited, meaning you don’t have enough space to just equip everything you want. There’s trade-offs to make sure everything fits within the memory you have. But it’s not just the memory you have to manage- more weapons and armor equipped means more weight which means reduced mobility. If you want more mobility you can unequip a weapon or two before going out on a mission (you actually have up to 6 so you don’t necessarily need to have all of the slots equipped every time).

But this list is kind of pointless because I could make an entirely separate top 10 list just for the games releasing post-DxM through year’s end. Maybe even two. And there were a ton of great games that normally would make top 10 but didn’t due to sheer volume of competition.

Honorary Mentions- Great Games But Not Top 10

• Crash Racing
  • Team Sonic Racing
  • Spyro Trilogy
  • God Eater 3
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • Yoshi’s Crafted World
  • Chocobo’s Dungeon
  • Torchlight 2
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Darksiders
  • Dragon’s Dogma
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Sniper Elite v2
  • Cuphead
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Assassins Creed 3 Collection
  • Bulletstorm

Future 2019 Top 10 and Honorary Mention Contenders

• GRID Autosport
  • Zelda Link’s Awakening
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Darksiders II
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair
  • The Witcher 3
  • Overwatch
  • Little Town Hero
  • Mary Skelter 2
  • A Hat In Time
  • Atelier Ryza
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Samurai Showdown
  • Dark Crystal Tactics
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • Pillars of Eternity 2
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Alien Isolation

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Yeah, DxM is sickly slick. I’ll have to try the control mapping, I’ve only fiddled with my Arsenal HUD and that itself was a huge boon. And I’m calling them Battloids from now on 😂.

Astral Chain is another game type I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy as much as I have. Pulling off combos and sending my Legion off leash while dashing around is very fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic