Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,621 to 43,640 of 45,901

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH glad it worked for you. I did mine nearly a month ago with the same wd40 electric contact cleaner and so far all good.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Knuckles-Fajita

A good toolbox.

If it squeaks, WD40
If it moves, Duct Tape
If it's loose, Screwdriver
If it p****s you off, hammer.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita No lie, that’s the supplies I was handed down when I started my own toolbox 😂

@JaxonH Glad you got it sorted quick. The drift is a fast annoyance, isn’t it?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Knuckles-Fajita
There are only two things in life one needs for repair: WD-40 and duct tape.

If it moves when it shouldn’t, use duct tape.

If it doesn’t move when it should, use WD-40.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Spanjard

I just cleaned it with a regular piece of cloth. I’m a couple of weeks in and so far everything is fine. I wonder how many people who have drift could fix it with just a couple of swipes, still bad though...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

Well, I’ve had my system for 2.5 years now, and have used the same left joycon for all of that timespan. So it’s gotten quite a bit of wear and tear.

That said, the issue lies within the housing of the Controller. So the only real way to fix it is to use the compressed air or contact cleaner, and contact cleaner seems to be the preferred solution. I do keep good care of my controllers though and routinely wipe off the white powdery substance that builds up around the shaft of the joystick from friction. I can’t say for sure but I suspect that some of that powdery substance making its way down inside under the skirt, may be the culprit (or at least one of them).

Thankfully I have a set of every color joycon there are. So if I ever have issues that I can’t fix I can just swap pairs, meaning it won’t ever really be an issue for me. Plus now that they’re offering to fix them you could just send them in. So if the problem comes back I’ll probably just swap to green and blue, then send the blue and green in (or, just the blue, since it’s only the left blue having issues).

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I just noticed that in Marseilles site there's a third new product, the mClassic. It's not out yet, it's on indieGoGo..... But it addresses my main issue with the m-Cable. It's not built into a cable. Its the gaming model, but in a separate dongle, AND has an on/off switch plus a retro mode for 480p content!

No idea when I'll be out, but it looks like they're already making the better version i wanted! Might still get a regular for now though.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Fire Emblem is so freaking good. Just can't keep that bottled up anymore. The game is amazing.

@NEStalgia
That sounds really cool. Dont think I'd ever want to turn it off, but it would be good for comparisons.

If you end up getting one, let me know your thoughts.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Lilseb93

Just a heads up for anyone using the voucher system for their digital games: it ends at the end of the month. It's come in handy when I used it with Raise.com. Not the greatest savings I've ever seen, but savings nonetheless. I have all my main games bought until November.

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

Buizel

@Lilseb93 What do you mean by this? They will stop selling vouchers at the end of July? :s

Buizel

Lilseb93

@Buizel Correct. They are going to stop offering the vouchers after July 31st. I'm not sure why.

They can still be used for a year if you're saving them though.

Edited on by Lilseb93

SoFlo Gamer
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Switch Friend Code: SW-7562-0637-3118 | My Nintendo: SebGamer93 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Lilseb93 @Buizel iirc that only applies in the US. The rest of the world i believe gets to keep buying vouchers, while NoA territories end the program. That makes the 1 year voucher expiration particularly awkward. I've used it a lot but it's a really awkward promotion. Especially for NoA. This is what happens when you become Bowser's minions.

@JaxonH The off switch probably isn't useful for many setups, but for a setup like mine it could be cool. I have switch, ps4 pro, x1x all going into an hdmi switch and out to the monitor (well, really another hdmi switch but that doesnt matter.). I could put the mClassic on the hdmi switch output, but turn it off for PSXBox where the machine has its own AA engine and scaler already. The mCable isn't just a scaler but also am "enhancer" similar to a Darbee processor (i have a Darblett on my dvd player.... They don't make them anymore ). Those do edge contrast enhancements and saturation adjustments. Where the Darbee gear let's you adjust the various changes, mCable is just plug and play, so I'm would end up messing with the saturation of the already good x1x display of i put it in the TV side rather than just after the Switch. The off switch would be cool for that.... Though the retro mode is possibly the cooler part. Pixel perfect mini consoles might benefit from that (plus modded vintage consoles for anyone that has one. )

And yeah FE is great. I'm merely an FE casual ..i suck hugely and never really understood all the battle systems and intricacies, but it's still a huge leap from the 3ds games. Even the school part is fun and adds more RPGishness versus the often boring and painful build-a-city workshop of Fates.

The text for quests, tutorials, labels, etc seems really hard to read in handheld mode though. I hope they add a config setting for a larger font before Lite arrives. It's readable, though with too much effort, on normal switch, but on a Lite, I'm not sure the font size will even be legible. I admit using the magnifier os feature for one or two sections!

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I'm having the same problem with the text, but on my TV. It's easy enough to read it when it's close to my face in handheld mode, but on the TV, when I'm sitting on the couch, I have to use a magnifier to read a lot of the text. Just one more reason I'll stay mostly handheld with this game, I guess.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
A tip I gave Ralizah is, go into your system settings and turn on the system level zoom feature. Then anytime you double tap HOME, it will zoom in and provide a slider to zoom in more if you want. When I was playing handheld earlier today I used that feature to read text boxes that popped up that were too small. When you’re done reading just double tap HOME and you’re right back to normal again.

It’s SUPER convenient and a perfect solution to the “small text” issue. Also, not sure about that thing you’re talking about but the m-Cable doesn’t even activate for 4K signals. It’s just pass through. So you don’t even have to worry about unhooking it or anything, it just doesn’t activate when it’s a 4K signal

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

Ralizah wrote:

@NEStalgia I'm having the same problem with the text, but on my TV. It's easy enough to read it when it's close to my face in handheld mode, but on the TV, when I'm sitting on the couch, I have to use a magnifier to read a lot of the text. Just one more reason I'll stay mostly handheld with this game, I guess.

You should not need that for tv mode. The text is on the smaller side, but it should be readable on TV mode. Perhaps sit nearer the tv? Or maybe you have become old and need new glasses?

Edited on by Therad

Therad

NEStalgia

@Ralizah hah, I'm certain I'd have that same problem if i were playing conventionally on a tv.... That's why I use a monitor, I'm much to nearsighted for tv play across the room to be any fun

@JaxonH Yep, that's what I've been using. Hopefully it's just a temporary workaround until they patch it, and they don't leave it dangling like XCX did. I figure that would have been fixed if it weren't a lot selling game on a low selling console. It's a weird oversight for fe though... It's a handheld series primarily, and the menu, dialogue, and stat text is obviously oversized with that in mind, so it's not like they didn't think of it.

Ohh, that's cool the mCable doesn't activate with 4k. Still matters for me, but probably not for most people then. (I'm using a 1080p monitor, so I'm using the supersampling on PSXbox from 4k to 1080... But those consoles are already brute forcing a better image processor than mCable. Switch and psvr is a different story though.). The off switch doesn't sound too useful for setups that aren't as niche.

(Aaand, TFW you thought you sent this yesterday, didn't see the post today, and realize it's still sitting in the other tab unsent... )

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Does anyone else abuse the screenshot feature on their Switch. I was noticing it takes an absurdly long time to scroll through all of my pictures and videos on my Switch, so I looked at the stats, and I have 2900+ of them! 912 of them are from Xenoblade 2, in fact. I never knew I was so screenshot crazy.

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

I have a lot of 30 seconds videos of Yojimbo's Zanmato moments on my Switch.
The moments of the enemies sliced into two and died instantly.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarkRula

It's just way too convenient to use it that I find myself pressing for near enough anything. Whereas with Xbox I need to press home, then either X or Y [not sure on a PS4 controller, but I think it's closer to the Xbox way of doing things]. Before the large cleanout of files I did a few weeks back, I think I was sat near the same number.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic