Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,581 to 43,600 of 45,917

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
I don’t think it will. If you’ve played other consuls than you’ve seen sharper graphical imagery than Switch with an m-cable. I mean, you might intentionally notice it if you’re looking to compare to see how good of a job it does in relation to handheld mode, such as I did with Fire Emblem, but it only makes me appreciate how it looks in TV mode more, rather than appreciating handheld mode less.

@BlueOcean
I believe Wii U used NNID, whereas Switch uses a Nintendo Account, which you can create on this website and then subsequently pair with your NNID from Wii U:

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I've never had an issue with handheld mode jaggies (and I'm annoyed like crazy by them), so if it won't make me suddenly notice, I'm probably good to go then! I might pick one up in the next few weeks. Or two, if I want to use it for VR, too. I just hope it handles being used as an extension well enough. Despite a whopping $8 difference I might get the 3ft instead of the 9ft and just use it as a dongle before my existing cable.

@JaxonH @BlueOcean Good point, I just assumed Blue had the NNID linked to a Nintendo account, but if not, that could be it. Considering it's Nintendo though, I certainly wouldn't doubt they actually check that you've ever had a Switch tied to your account so you can't accidentally buy things for a console you don't have (Think of the children! With credit cards!)

NEStalgia

Gamer83

Just downloaded DOOM 3, a nice little surprise. This last month has been insane. Super Mario Maker 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, the Mighty Switch Force Collection and now DOOM 3 out of no where. Nintendo is killing it this summer.

Gamer83

BlueOcean

Oh yeah my Nintendo account and NNID were linked on Wii U so the problem is not that they are not linked.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

IceClimbers

That one time log in with the Bethesda account for the Doom games is really stupid.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but definitely stupid.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BruceCM

Weird, @BlueOcean ... You could still pick up physical games, though? & a micro sd card, since you'll probably want one?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

NintendoByNature

@IceClimbers so you have to create a bethesda account? Can you do it from your switch or do you have to go online and take care of all that? Just figured If it's the latter i can get it done before i get home

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
So it's one time only? Not mandated online every time? Oh good...

@Gamer83
Mario Maker 2, God Eater 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Fire Emblem, DOOM 1, 2 and 3, Mighty Switchforce Collection, Pillars of Eternity... and that's just within a few weeks timespan.

We still have Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S, Spyro Trilogy, Ni No Kuni, Oninaki, Daemon X Machina, Zelda Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon, Monkey Ball, Atelier Ryza, DOOM Eternal, Darksiders Genesid, Town, Pillars of Eternity 2, The Witcher 3, Samurai Showdown, Final Fantasy VIII and Crystal Chronicles, Panzer Dragoon, Alien Isolation, Contra, Torchlight 2, Yooka Laylee 2D game... and more!

It's a really great year for Switch and hybrid gaming in general. I dont recall 3DS ever having a year this good.

But no Fire Emblem for you? I really, really recommend this game. It's so good. If you ever played Awakening on 3DS... it's way better than that even.

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Magician

This hectic game schedule really doesn't stop until December, which aside from Neverwinter Nights is quiet. Too quiet. I'm sort of scared about a possible September Direct filling in the gaps between the quiet December and Animal Crossing in March next year. December would be perfect for The Witcher 3, about a month after folks have had their fill of Pokémon S/S.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BruceCM

That'd be a good time for it, @Magician .... What's due in November?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

NintendoByNature

Unrelated but i guess it's not since its coming to switch. I wonder how long " animal fight club" the game will be on switch before it gets pulled down. The name alone, I'm surprised it's being released

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

I honestly could see December having Darksiders Genesis and Panzer Dragoon. Would be a great month for those, especially the latter considering the overall lack of releases that month.

Grumblevolcano

August is rather empty until the end of the month. That said, August is usually Nindies announcement month with one set of announcements before Gamescom and another set of announcements before PAX West so maybe stuff like King of Cards comes that month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Im glad August is slow(er). We still have some Indies coming that month I'll be getting. Plus all the June and July stuff is bogging me down. So a little breather is welcomed

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Ori and the Blind Forest announced in the Nindies Showcase

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

The dreaded one-two punch of Pokemon S/S and Doom Eternal.

Most core Switch owners will be playing one or the other, if not both.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

scubydo

Morpheel wrote:

Magician wrote:

BruceCM wrote:

The dreaded one-two punch of Pokemon S/S and Doom Eternal.

Most core Switch owners will be playing one or the other, if not both.

or all three

Yeah I am getting all three...

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic